Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 05, 2010, 08:08 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Another black day in motogp with the the unfortunate accident that has claimed the life of a former moto2 race winner Shoya Tomizawa...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:38 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
very sad indeed. it was only a few months ago that he made history as the first ever Moto2 winner.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Sep 06, 2010, 02:53 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
On a brighter note... the Honda is lookin real good... and Casey seems to be growing tired of the Ducati idiosyncracies (?)... I, as an Aussie, can't wait for next season...

I don't know if the lack of competiveness at ducati is due to the factory, or lack of rider direction... Casey seems to know exactly what he wants, but maybe doesn't know how to acheive it... or maybe the factory just doesn't want to change the fundamentals of the bike... When Nicky was at Honda he didn't have much luck with developing the new bike, and it seems the same at Ducati... Burgess and Rossi will have it all sorted though I'm sure... and hopefully that will help out the satelite teams aswell...

Casey and Pedrosa on really fast Hondas..... the two pocket rockets... what a fast team...

Spies and Lorenzo... on the best handling bike in the paddock... another super fast team...

And I think Rossi will doing all the hard yards on his own... much like Stoner has done...

The season hasn't far gone past half way... and already I'm dreaming about next year...
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:33 AM
birmingham west midlands
Joined Dec 2009
140 Posts
C,MON ROSSI although moving to ducati not sure if its the end for rossi,he,s got a lot of work to do to get it to perform like a yamaha.i think ben speis will be mostly in the top 3 next year throughout the season thats my oppinion anyway.

my thoughts go to shoya tomizawa family a sad day indeed
trex 450500 is offline Find More Posts by trex 450500
Old Sep 06, 2010, 07:15 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
On a brighter note... the Honda is lookin real good... and Casey seems to be growing tired of the Ducati idiosyncracies (?)... I, as an Aussie, can't wait for next season...

I don't know if the lack of competiveness at ducati is due to the factory, or lack of rider direction... Casey seems to know exactly what he wants, but maybe doesn't know how to acheive it... or maybe the factory just doesn't want to change the fundamentals of the bike... When Nicky was at Honda he didn't have much luck with developing the new bike, and it seems the same at Ducati... Burgess and Rossi will have it all sorted though I'm sure... and hopefully that will help out the satelite teams aswell...

Casey and Pedrosa on really fast Hondas..... the two pocket rockets... what a fast team...

Spies and Lorenzo... on the best handling bike in the paddock... another super fast team...

And I think Rossi will doing all the hard yards on his own... much like Stoner has done...

The season hasn't far gone past half way... and already I'm dreaming about next year...
Yeah i can't wait for the next season.LOL It should be reeeaaaaalllly good. I hope Rossi can get that Ducati up to speed quick though.I would hate to see him struggling the first 1/4 of the season.I'm pretty sure ducati will make every effort for Rossi.Their gonna look real stupid if the don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex 450500 View Post
C,MON ROSSI although moving to ducati not sure if its the end for rossi,he,s got a lot of work to do to get it to perform like a yamaha.i think ben speis will be mostly in the top 3 next year throughout the season thats my oppinion anyway.

my thoughts go to shoya tomizawa family a sad day indeed
I think it's gonna be a real shocker and he might leave them scratch their heads at first like in FIM.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:42 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
.... Ducati... Burgess and Rossi will have it all sorted though I'm sure......
Only spanner in the works here is that Burgess hasn't said where he is going next year yet. He may stay with Yamaha or even move to Honda and work with Casey.
Still more info needed before I'll pass judgement on who will be up the front.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by test driver View Post
Only spanner in the works here is that Burgess hasn't said where he is going next year yet. He may stay with Yamaha or even move to Honda and work with Casey.
Still more info needed before I'll pass judgement on who will be up the front.
Well if Burges stays with yamaha(which i doubt it he's going with Rossi trust me) and works with Ben Spies.Then you can pretty much bet on Ben to win the title next year.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 06:12 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
this year the racing action in the premier class has been boring. feels like i'm watching F1. next year with the same rules package as this year it'll probably equally boring. looking forward to the 2012 rules package. it can't be any worse than it currently is.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Sep 06, 2010, 06:27 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah I agree, as I've said before, these guys are riding so well, pushing the limits every lap, not just the last 3... But unfortunately it has led to very boring races...

As for 2012... Who knows what that's gunna bring...
Old Sep 07, 2010, 02:10 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Well there might be to racers in FIM that's not a Rossi fan. Nitro Nori and his teamate Fab,Do not have rides for next year.Xerox Ducati will not be running next year in wsbk.Hmmm i wonder why?
Old Sep 07, 2010, 03:01 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah I recon rossi's pay cheque would be more than the annual budget to run the WSBK team...

It's a big investment...
Old Sep 07, 2010, 08:25 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Well when your swingin that big resume around you pretty much can command the salary. Rossi is not done by a long shot and I hope he heals up that shoulder well for next season too.
Spies is just awesome for a MPG rookie, unreal results for a satellite team, he gets it. In one interview on Speed Channel he talked about his strategy for Indy and he did it well. I thought at that moment if this guy gets that top shelf bike he is going to do to MGP what he did to WSBK and just spank'em all! I cant wait to see stoppies into corners while battling it out next year!
Stoner...ehh, we'll see, no comment.
Lorenzo should continue to do what he is doing I think, but there are guys comin with his number for sure.
Pedrosa is finally showing race craft and maturity I think, good for him he is stronger than ever now. I love the look of those Repsol machines but I would like to see a new take on that old color scheme dont you think?
Colin...man whats going on there? Spies is just laying it down on him, there is something missing for Colin that he cannot figure out. There was a comment about the front end feel but who knows. Nice guy and fast when its all working, hope he can get it done by the end of the year and improve things a bit.
Hayden, just keep doing what hes doing and there will be results soon. Another guy I think is getting there and shows promise. He is like where Pedrosa was just a season or two ago I think. Watch for him with Rossi next year and whatever comes out of Bolognia it should boost his chances considerably I would hope.

All good stuff looking forward to more!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Sep 07, 2010, 09:05 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Well when your swingin that big resume around you pretty much can command the salary. Rossi is not done by a long shot and I hope he heals up that shoulder well for next season too.
Spies is just awesome for a MPG rookie, unreal results for a satellite team, he gets it. In one interview on Speed Channel he talked about his strategy for Indy and he did it well. I thought at that moment if this guy gets that top shelf bike he is going to do to MGP what he did to WSBK and just spank'em all! I cant wait to see stoppies into corners while battling it out next year!
Stoner...ehh, we'll see, no comment.
Lorenzo should continue to do what he is doing I think, but there are guys comin with his number for sure.
Pedrosa is finally showing race craft and maturity I think, good for him he is stronger than ever now. I love the look of those Repsol machines but I would like to see a new take on that old color scheme dont you think?
Colin...man whats going on there? Spies is just laying it down on him, there is something missing for Colin that he cannot figure out. There was a comment about the front end feel but who knows. Nice guy and fast when its all working, hope he can get it done by the end of the year and improve things a bit.
Hayden, just keep doing what hes doing and there will be results soon. Another guy I think is getting there and shows promise. He is like where Pedrosa was just a season or two ago I think. Watch for him with Rossi next year and whatever comes out of Bolognia it should boost his chances considerably I would hope.

All good stuff looking forward to more!
I hope Rossi can make great things happen with the ducati.IF Ben do the business to the motogp guys like in FIM.If they really want to throw a monkey wrench into his plans.They might have to pull Matt Mladin out of retirement to get him.LOL J/K
Old Sep 09, 2010, 11:15 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Did you guys see this photo?
I have not been able to find any more info on this and it seems this is just some guys wishfull thinking of next years team colors. Yes/No?
I think its the sickest looking bike ever and I hope that is what the team goes with next year.
Only comment; the number 46 should be flourescent yellow with an outline like typical Rossi livery.
If this is the bike can you imagine the leathers and helmet? Hands down the coolest looking team in GP history if this is real.
I'm going to have to widdle out a Ducati body set now for the GPV, notice the swing arms are very similar? lol

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Sep 09, 2010, 12:01 PM
birmingham west midlands
Joined Dec 2009
140 Posts
i like that like you sat chris it needs the 46 highlited great scheme for my heli shell
trex 450500 is offline Find More Posts by trex 450500