HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:02 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Just read that Yamaha will not allow Rossi,or Burgess, to ride or even view the the 2011 M1, if they're not planning on hangin around... Sounds fair enough to me...

No need to give the oposition a sneak peak at your new toy...

But in typical sensationalist headline style, the front of the Aussie magazine says "Rossi Banned"

I don't think Ducati will be giving Casey too much in the way of insight into their new bike eigther...
We know Casey's not sticking around.The fact that Rossi and company can't get even a sniff of the new m1,tells that either way they are leaving.Unless they sign back on later down the road.I have a feeling there's no way in hell that's gonna happen.When your 7x's world champ and someone is trying to make you play 2nd string on a machine you turned into a winner.I'd say yamaha had 1 to many.Then i'd slam the door on my way out! It's not like he's all washed up and trying to stick around the playground to play with friends.LOL
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:37 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Ben Spies and Lorenzo Teamates. Boy this is gonna be a long up coming winter.Just sitting around waiting for the new motogp season to start.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:20 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Big Ben gets his first taste of the factory machine today... I hope the weather holds out so we can see the difference compared to his satalite bike...

I wonder how many new parts will find their way onto his current ride for the remainder of 2010...?
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:58 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
watching the season now...forgot how much I enjoyed these bikes.
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
Old Aug 28, 2010, 03:04 PM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
taken from ducati.com

official source ducati.com

Ducati and Valentino Rossi have signed a two year agreement for the nine-times World Champion to race with the “Rossa” of Borgo Panigale in the Ducati MotoGP Team from 2011.

The arrival of Valentino in Ducati opens a new and exciting chapter in the Italian factory’s sporting history and, indeed, of the whole MotoGP Championship. The opportunity of lining-up such an extraordinary rider and character is considered by Ducati to be a huge value to the whole Ducati MotoGP project.

“We are delighted to announce that Valentino Rossi will be with us from 2011,” commented Gabriele Del Torchio, President of Ducati Motor Holding. “He is a paragon of excellence in the world of motorcycling, coherent with our Italian company which is a standard-bearer for “made in Italy” excellence. These are key values for success in technology, design and sportsmanship. In addition to the strong and passionate intent of both parties, this agreement has been made possible by the committed support of our shareholder Investindustrial and all the sponsors associated with the Ducati MotoGP Team, sponsors which have believed in this opportunity and share and support our choices.”

“Firstly, Valentino is a great fan of motorcycles and so it has always been a pleasure for me to listen his opinions,” said Filippo Preziosi, Ducati Corse General Director. “Until the Valencia GP he will remain a competitor, one so great that he has always given a special value to our victories, but as soon as he rides the Ducati for the first time, we will work together on every single detail that will develop a bike capable of showing his huge talent. Working with Valentino is one of the most exciting things for every Engineer and it’s good to know we will have this great opportunity next season.”

ps. Yamaha even agreed to let Rossi do pre testing after the season ends , because he was denied to anounce it in lacuna seca. reason: the market is to important for yamaha, as they said.
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Last edited by Red Bullie; Aug 28, 2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 04:21 AM
Joined Apr 2006
82 Posts
Ben Spees POLE YES!!!!!!!!!
cip060 is online now Find More Posts by cip060
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:52 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Poor Nicky they make him sound like chopped liver or something.

I got the inside scoop sorta,i was told by a friend that they may have given Ben Spies one of the engines for Rossi's yamaha .So that should help him out a little.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 03:58 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
It was said that Fiat yamaha has not given Ben Spies any of the factory guys parts.They confirmed that it was the same bike he's been riding.
I guess he's just the determined.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 05:06 PM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,685 Posts
well he did very well with the std engine!
not going to say where he came in the race cus dont wanna spoil it for people who havent seen it yet
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Aug 29, 2010, 06:46 PM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,811 Posts
yes he did well i was there just got back man what a day.Very hot too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNEEBOY View Post
well he did very well with the std engine!
not going to say where he came in the race cus dont wanna spoil it for people who havent seen it yet
crashdumby is online now Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Aug 29, 2010, 06:53 PM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,811 Posts
to bad about ole boy getting run over hated to see that.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100829/...polis_gp_crash
crashdumby is online now Find More Posts by crashdumby
Last edited by crashdumby; Aug 29, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:45 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
man that's a horrible situation for the family... I have raced bikes for years, with reckless regaurd for my own safety... it's all about going as fast as you can... and it brings great rewards...

Now I have kids of my own, the most driven to race motorcycles is my 5 year old son... but it scares the crap out of me that he may injure himself, or worse... But I guess we can't live life protecting everyone from everything, just supply them with best available equipment, teach them in a resposible manner... and cross your fingers and close your eyes... If he has half the reward I've had, then it's worth it...
Old Sep 01, 2010, 05:39 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
Looks like that long straightawa really suited the Honda. I was impressed Spies outran Lorenzo and Rossi.

It was definately hot. This race has had some really inconsistent weather the last three years- hot, cold, hurricane.
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Sep 01, 2010, 06:40 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
The Honda looks like it's taking the mantel back from yamaha as "the bike to be on" while yamaha stay consistant, ducati seem to really strugle come race day...

I'm burgess and co. will sort out the red rocket quick enough though
Old Sep 01, 2010, 09:12 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
The Honda looks like it's taking the mantel back from yamaha as "the bike to be on" while yamaha stay consistant, ducati seem to really strugle come race day...

I'm burgess and co. will sort out the red rocket quick enough though
I hope so,i'd really hate to see Rossi struggling to make it in the top 5's.

Boy i hope yamaha don't pull the o'l #1 rider card on Ben Spies while Lorenzo gets the good parts.