HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2010, 05:11 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Discussion
...motogp... 1-1 scale !

Ok guys... here's a thread dedicated to the happenings of those really fast guys on really fast bikes...

Let us know about your favorite riders, teams, bikes, and anything else you have to say in relation to motogp

...Luke...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2010, 05:13 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Casey Stoner so fast in free practice, so fast in qualifing, so fast in the race...... then.....

Poor little dude...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:02 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Rossi will be and always be the god of two wheels.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:17 AM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
933 Posts
that was one of the best races i have seen in awhile..its really good to see nicky coming around with the ducati...almost had a podium by a few hundreths..rossi is deff. the prodigy of moto gp racing..im also impressed with dani and his starting, he is awesome off the line..i think he may drag race in the off season ha ha...what can i say about casey? he had it in his hands and bad luck struck again..i think he must have hit a little sandy spot on the track. very dissapointing for him after such a good week of qualifying.ben is also coming around with that old tech 3..if lorenzo stays healthy the races will be between him and rossi most likely.how about the hondas strait away speed, imressive compaired to the others..
dragbikebam is online now Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Last edited by dragbikebam; Apr 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:25 AM
Imma butta yo bread
Orange County, CA
Joined Apr 2010
77 Posts
I'm interested in the Monster Yamaha tech 3 team, but I'm new to MotoGP. I do know who Rossi is though. haha
Willy Wonka is offline Find More Posts by Willy Wonka
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:31 AM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
I'm interested in the Monster Yamaha tech 3 team, but I'm new to MotoGP.
yes, the tech 3 team has two good ol boys from texas, ben spies and collin edwards..collin has not done alot with it, usually ends up around 5th or 6th after the season in points not too bad..this is bens first year so im not expecting any podiums but who knows.he has a long way to go before challanging the top 5.the tech 3 bikes are last years race bikes so they are down on power and technology from the rest of the main factory riders..
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:43 PM
Joined Nov 2009
126 Posts
It would be great if someone could keep us noobs posted on the races when and where they can be seen. I'll be watching out for signs of the season starting!
motonovice is offline Find More Posts by motonovice
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
go to motogp.com, everything you need to know is there, pics of umbrella girls too
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:27 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Don't count out Ben Spies..LOL Or you'll be making a big mistake....LOL The only thing holdin him back is that pos tech3 yamaha. If Stoner would calm down a bit.I think he will take care of business.Nicky wll get some good finishes but i don't think he'll make it to the top step.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:30 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonovice View Post
It would be great if someone could keep us noobs posted on the races when and where they can be seen. I'll be watching out for signs of the season starting!
if you live in the usa, cbs usually airs 3 races a year luguna seca, indy, and germany. fox may also have one race this season but not likely.the only way to really see all the races in their glory is to subscibe to motogp.com..they also have 24 hour passes fairly reasonable and you can catch up that way..i have had the all excess video pass with hi res. races for 3 years now but have been keeping up with it since 1984...i use to live near texarkana, tx and freddie spencer was a hero around those parts since he was from louisiana..oh yeah you can see all the races on speed channel too but like the other networks its limited on content as far as the before and after race footage and all the "drama" as they say..
Last edited by dragbikebam; Apr 12, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:32 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Or the speed channel..Love the speed channel when it's motorcycle season.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:45 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Don't count out Ben Spies..LOL Or you'll be making a big mistake....LOL The only thing holdin him back is that pos tech3 yamaha. If Stoner would calm down a bit.I think he will take care of business.Nicky wll get some good finishes but i don't think he'll make it to the top step.
man im just glad to see him finish to be honest..it has to be hard to go from champion to 15th and 16th all the time when stoner is kicking butt on the same bike..you can tell he hasnt done an interview in a long time, he sounded more nervous than usual after the race..
Last edited by dragbikebam; Apr 12, 2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:18 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
Definately keep your eyes on Spies. His contract is with Yamaha, not Tech 3, and he's their insurance policy in the event Honda throws a ton of money at Lorenzo (or less likely, Rossi goes to Ducati- I don't see that happening, though).
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:05 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam View Post
man im just glad to see him finish to be honest..it has to be hard to go from champion to 15th and 16th all the time when stoner is kicking butt on the same bike..you can tell he hasnt done an interview in a long time, he sounded more nervous than usual after the race..
I was real happy for Nicky. I think he needs to loosen up some. Let it go...... But in all fairness I was listening to to motoliam.He said Stoner is the only rider that can ride past the traction control and other set parameters on these bikes.Which he said is truley amazing and talented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
Definately keep your eyes on Spies. His contract is with Yamaha, not Tech 3, and he's their insurance policy in the event Honda throws a ton of money at Lorenzo (or less likely, Rossi goes to Ducati- I don't see that happening, though).
Yep i know his contract is with yamaha. He's still under the tech3 tent so....But now that i think about it.It would have been worse if he would have went to Rizzla suzuki.(IMO) As far as insurance,Don't know how good that would be????? Because if Lorenzo did go to honda and they moved Ben Spies up to Fiat.'m pretty sure Rossi's not gonna like that at all and will run to ducati.LOL It seems Rossi donnot like to share the spot light with his "teammates"..LOL I'm pretty sure Ben is not gonna play the back seat driver roll for anybody.So that will be even more friction for yamaha.
This should be a great season!!!!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:06 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Great to see the other aussie Anthony West has got a ride with MZ Racing in the moto2 class this year.. Hope he does better on the 600 than he did on the 800...

Man, Im crawling the walls waiting for this season to start..!
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi