SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 03, 2003, 10:38 AM
Certified Slopehead
San Diego, CA.
Joined Jan 2001
2,268 Posts
Blade Tracking on the Corona

I must've read 5 hours worth of Corona posts yesterday on Ezone, and I came across a thread that was talking about tracking. Somebody said that when flying at eye level, the right side was not even, that they could see "two blades".....Well, I see the same thing, and I can't find the thread again to see what the solution was, but I remember someone else saying that that was totally normal on the Corona. Is it? If not, just use the tape method on one blade to bring them in line with each other until I see only one "blade"? Thanks.
tenover is offline Find More Posts by tenover
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2003, 11:35 AM
United States, NY, Mechanicville
Joined Mar 2003
1,203 Posts
Tenover,
LMH talked about it a little on their chat board in the last couple of weeks. They think it is some kind of warping of the feathering bar. I have seen this a couple of times now, and was able to correct it each time.

First time is was out of track to the rear only. He was able to fix it by going back and making sure all of the mixing arms were parallel to the swash plate (he thought the third ball link was not parallel, when he adjusted the MR shaft position to make it parallel, the problem went way).

On mine, I was out of track on the left side only. Mine was solved by tightening the linkages used to adjust tracking. For example, instead of one turn out on the left side, and one turn in on the right side, I did 1/2 turn in on the right side, and didn't touch the left side.

I did all of my tracking with the heli attached to a bench, so I could work real fast. I also tracked it at 1/2 and 3/4 throttle, and basically adjusted until they were both about the same (tracking seems to shift with throttle settings).

If all else fails, I would recommend removing all the linkage and resetting them back to standard lengths according to the book, then go from there.

I would disagree that the tracking being out on one side is normal. I know of at least three Coronas that track the same on all sides.
davensocal is offline Find More Posts by davensocal
Old Jun 03, 2003, 11:53 AM
Certified Slopehead
San Diego, CA.
Joined Jan 2001
2,268 Posts
Thanks Dave (again),
I will re-do all the linkages tonight. They're not kidding when they say for every minute of heli flying, there's 10 minutes of tweaking!
tenover is offline Find More Posts by tenover