HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2010, 05:44 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,544 Posts
Limit control throws and Ail > Elev mixing...

Just got in from 5AM flying in the street in front of my house. 1/4 moon, very dark. I set Elev and Aileron control throws at 50% with 100% expo for smoother flying and also mixed Ail > 40% Up Elev to eliminate altitude loss in turns. Sweet flying in zero wind – 4 flights at 12 minutes each with PZ 70mAh LiPo’s.
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2010, 10:40 AM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,218 Posts
I got one yesterday. My living room/dining room is the perfect size for it. This thing has WAY longer flight times then the original Vapor (which got trashed due to having to essentially replace everything if you broke one thing. I'm gonna use the board if I ever get one of the Kyosho planes.) Even when I took it night flying outside and had it at full throttle most of the time I still got 15 minutes on a 120mah pack. I can easily get that inside on the 70mah, and get 20 minutes on the 120mah's inside. I like the lights too. They are a fun edition, and allow me to actually be able to fly it outside since it's always so windy during the day.
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
Old Aug 09, 2010, 06:04 PM
Lauderdale
Joined Aug 2009
95 Posts
Hi

was wondering can I use the RTF radio I get with the NV on the P-51???
Or is it just a 3 channel radio...???

Thx
NillSpace is offline Find More Posts by NillSpace
Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:16 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
Just got in from 5AM flying in the street in front of my house. 1/4 moon, very dark. I set Elev and Aileron control throws at 50% with 100% expo for smoother flying and also mixed Ail > 40% Up Elev to eliminate altitude loss in turns. Sweet flying in zero wind – 4 flights at 12 minutes each with PZ 70mAh LiPo’s.
I've been getting up at 5 am, flying till 545. Flying from 9PM till 10 PM. And any day time flying I can sneak in. This plane is just FUN. This is my first one and the wife bought it for me as an anniversary gift. It is just one cool flying plane. The lights make orientation easy, looks like a UFO in the sky. Alot easier than flying the nitros and gasers. Don't get me wrong I love flying them too. But just to be able to fly the Night Vapor anywhere, anytime, is just a great thing!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:01 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Two nights ago I was flying in more wind than I should have been. To make a long story short, I lost my orientation because the wind was throwing it around a lot, and it was about 20' away from me. Just pulled up/left with WOT, and and held it there... plane has plenty of power to just start "spinning up". It wasnt long until I figured out orientation again, and just flew away.

Now how many airplanes can you do THAT with?

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:02 PM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
474 Posts
Don't know why I never tried this before, but last night I discovered the outside loop with my Night Vapor. Try it! Have it at half throttle, straight and level. With no increase in throttle, simply give her full-forward stick and...Bloop! She does this quirky little loop, practically chasing her own tail...Just snaps right around at half throttle. You pull back on the stick at the right moment, and she just continues on, straight and level with hardly any loss of altitude. I tried different power settings during the loop and got a couple seconds of inverted, too. Pretty cool.
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:04 PM
United States, CA, San Gabriel
Joined Jan 2008
144 Posts
Put the UM J-3 Cub motor which is the same size as the Vapor AND even more powerful and you can do all kinds of vertical flying, inside and outside loops and have the power to pull out of gnarly predicaments.

Thank UNGN for that one.
mxandrews1 is offline Find More Posts by mxandrews1
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:31 PM View Post
fizzledrixx
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while fizzledrixx edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:36 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
If you dont like it, dont buy it, nobody is forcing you to. If I already had a Vapor, Im sure I wouldnt buy one, and if I wanted lights, I would put them on it.

But... I didnt own a Vapor, and I did buy one, and I enjoy it as much as any plane I have right now. Of course Parkzone wants my money... isnt that what they are in business for?

jc
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:34 AM
USA, NH, Bow
Joined Jun 2007
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzledrixx View Post
i dont like this plane

why did they make a whole new plane just to have lights?!!?

PARKZONE WANTS YOUR MONEY! they are rolling out new planes faster than a hobo runs towards a pie flinging contests.

i mean, really, put your own lights on the vapor, and dont spend 100$ for the "lights vapor"

c'mon pals dont fall for that crabp
useless post..

the night vapor also has modular parts unlike the original
anytime pz wants to upgrade the plane and sell at the same price I'm happy.

I much prefer new stuff and choices over stagnation.
bobbutts is offline Find More Posts by bobbutts
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:54 AM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbutts View Post
useless post..

Ignore him... looked at his other posts last night - all confrontational, all useless.

On another note, I tried an outside loop last night, it really didnt work any better than most of my inside loops (which I did manage to get a couple of nice ones last night). I think its a question of where I have the CG set. Mine is currently set for pretty stable flight at about 50% throttle. When I try to loop it, 75% of the time it does more of a flip than a loop.

I do move the battery around a lot as I have both the 70maH, and a 140.

jc
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:58 AM
USA, NH, Bow
Joined Jun 2007
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead View Post
Don't know why I never tried this before, but last night I discovered the outside loop with my Night Vapor. Try it! Have it at half throttle, straight and level. With no increase in throttle, simply give her full-forward stick and...Bloop! She does this quirky little loop, practically chasing her own tail...Just snaps right around at half throttle. You pull back on the stick at the right moment, and she just continues on, straight and level with hardly any loss of altitude. I tried different power settings during the loop and got a couple seconds of inverted, too. Pretty cool.
I think this is called something else, anyone know?
http://www.rctoys.com/pr/2008/07/04/...-intermediate/

Quote:
Perform an outside loop the same way as you would perform an inside loop, but enter the loop inverted.
bobbutts is offline Find More Posts by bobbutts
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:36 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbutts View Post
useless post..

The reason my original one got trashed was due to the fact that you basically had to replace everything if one thing broke.
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:36 PM
Mooresville, IN
Joined Mar 2009
302 Posts
Does anybody know if the motor mount is press fitted or do you have to use debonder to get it off. I somehow managed to break it this afternoon.
rclayton is offline Find More Posts by rclayton
Old Aug 13, 2010, 01:22 AM
Old gasbag glider guy...
Tehachapi, CA
Joined Aug 2006
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclayton View Post
Does anybody know if the motor mount is press fitted or do you have to use debonder to get it off. I somehow managed to break it this afternoon.
Same question for the horizontal, I have a new one but am concerned about the force it is taking to get the old one off...

Stan
Stan Hinman is offline Find More Posts by Stan Hinman