HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:28 PM
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Sep 2011
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
2nd upgrade all about power.

I just attached a Champ prop, to my NV. It already has the J-3 motor upgrade and a 150mAh batt. Tested it in the living room *******Whooooooooosssssh********* its fast

Noticed the rudder getting "flimsy". >Probably from all the living room crashes over the years
Sounds live fun. Mine is still stock. Only changed the prop shaft after breaking the first one. Been to windy and COLD to fly here. Can't wait for a break in the weather.
Notsogood is offline Find More Posts by Notsogood
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:40 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsogood View Post
Sounds live fun. Mine is still stock. Only changed the prop shaft after breaking the first one. Been to windy and COLD to fly here. Can't wait for a break in the weather.
I'll drink to that Its pretty much the same here in northern europe. Hope things clear up for you guys, so you can get out with your bigger stuff too...ohh and helis
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:42 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Hi

I need to replace the prop on my Night Vapor. I bought a replacement over the weekend but haven't had a proper look yet. How do i get the old prop off? And tips? I don't want to break anything
Nobby33 is offline Find More Posts by Nobby33
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:11 PM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby33 View Post
Hi

I need to replace the prop on my Night Vapor. I bought a replacement over the weekend but haven't had a proper look yet. How do i get the old prop off? And tips? I don't want to break anything
Do some searching around....like this...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...p#post24072788

The prop should just unscrew and screw on the new one. I grip the main gear, the motor and go.
Steve 0 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:42 AM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Thanks Steve O
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:24 AM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,092 Posts
You're welcome. I flew my Mini-V this evening and nosed it into my B-ball court from about 12 feet up. BANG! Snapped the prop shaft.....second one now. I was using the micro citabria prop which makes the plane speedy and a tad squirrely for the airframe's slow fly design. Fixed it quickly.
Steve 0 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Prop came off really easily Not sure what i was expecting, I am not that great with fixing things, just want to fly them Anyway, she is as good as new now.

The Mini Vapor and the Parkzone UM Spit has finally arrived in South Africa, I really want to get both of them, now to try to convince the wife
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
56 Posts
What material should I use to re-do the main wing on my NV ?

I would like to be able to find something in HobbyLobby or Walmart.
...and what glue to use. Thanks
SpinningProp is offline Find More Posts by SpinningProp
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:40 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,836 Posts
[QUOTE=SpinningProp;24226711]What material should I use to re-do the main wing on my NV ?

Interesting coincidence you should ask that be cause I was going to ask a similar Q.

At Lowes today for painters tape , just below that I notice 3M masking file. The website calls it paper, but whatever. The 3M page calls it film http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...gl85WXMWTCXVbl

Not quite that page, because they make a ton of different size packages, but another page says it's 0.4mil. I poked at it a little and it seemed *very* strong.

Anyone ever tried it? I don't know any painters or auto body people or I'd ask for a sample.

Quote:
...and what glue to use. Thanks
Homefly.com has mylar and also a page that mentions dope or glue stick. http://www.homefly.com/reference/mylar-instructions.htm

Plain old saran wrap works too.
jbarchuk is offline Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:38 AM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
After fixing the N vapor prop, i got to fly it outside this weekend (no wind, not a normal thing for Cape Town lol). On friday night i flew it in our apartments parking area, and out over the street at about 20 metres up. Lets just say a few cars riding past slowed down to have a look at the strange light in the air
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:59 PM
United States, NJ, Jackson
Joined Nov 2011
332 Posts
Was flying the NV and the rod that runs through the pivot point broke. Any suggestions on how to fix this????
Scooch is offline Find More Posts by Scooch
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:09 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooch View Post
Was flying the NV and the rod that runs through the pivot point broke. Any suggestions on how to fix this????
Lap a piece of CF from the plastic piece to the other remainder of the broken CF.

Tie each side with thread. Maybe 2 ties on each side of the break depending on how firm the first ties feel. Dental floss works too but it's very wide compared to thread. Best would be very lightweight Spider Wire fishing line or other similar Kynar. Obviously, snip of loose ends.

Add CA off the tip of a pin or toothpick. No kicker just wait for it to set up.

Fixed LG that way and need to do it again.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:43 PM
United States, NJ, Jackson
Joined Nov 2011
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarchuk View Post
Lap a piece of CF from the plastic piece to the other remainder of the broken CF.

Tie each side with thread. Maybe 2 ties on each side of the break depending on how firm the first ties feel. Dental floss works too but it's very wide compared to thread. Best would be very lightweight Spider Wire fishing line or other similar Kynar. Obviously, snip of loose ends.

Add CA off the tip of a pin or toothpick. No kicker just wait for it to set up.

Fixed LG that way and need to do it again.
Can you post a pic or a sketch of what you mean?
Scooch is offline Find More Posts by Scooch
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:23 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooch View Post
Can you post a pic or a sketch of what you mean?
Ohhhh I'm sorry I did *not* realise that that piece of CF is the elevator hinge!

On the plus side the theory of the fix is still roughly the same.

The difference is that that piece of CF that still attached, you need to snap that off.

Then you need another piece of CF the same diameter so it'll fit into the hinge part that's attached to the fuse.

Tie one side first, then fit on fuse, then tie other side. Add CA *VERY* carefully with micro-drops from a pin, just enough to wick into the ties and between new CF and plastic.

Here're a thousand words. Well, maybe 85 words.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:13 PM
NE England
Joined Jul 2002
213 Posts
Flew my Night Vapor tonight after changing the standard motor for the J-3 Motor - gobs more power; will take-off and go vertical; loops with ease now that the motor can 'power the model over the top' (no need to dive to gain speed). I put a video on YouTube (
Parkzone Night Vapor flying high alpha (2 min 12 sec)
) but unfortunately all it shows is some slow and high-alpha flying (had the camcorder recording when I thought it was off and vice verse . . . better luck next time, eh!). Tony
T.W. is offline Find More Posts by T.W.