Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:28 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOaMmaSh87 View Post
Got the night vapor yesterday and loving it!!! Sooo much fun with my also new DX7
Mix a little "up elevator" with rudder and your in for very relaxing flights.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:40 PM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,255 Posts
Could you explain how???
fOaMmaSh87 is online now Find More Posts by fOaMmaSh87
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:13 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
I have that mix on a switch for beginners, but I turn it off for myself. It's just either too much or not enough, much better to do it myself, it's only three channels.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:27 AM
Joined Jun 2009
5 Posts
I saw a review: http://rcplane.biz/parkzone-night-vapor-rtf-plane/
that really sparked my interest. But will the BNF version work with my Aurora 9?
Mikester9er is offline Find More Posts by Mikester9er
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:46 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
No, but you can get a module. Or you can use the rtf tx. Or you can buy a dx5e. All are great options.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:48 AM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,366 Posts
I saw a night vapor last night for the first time an hour before midnight and it was ridiculously cool. Definitely need one of these for front yard UFO sightings
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:48 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,675 Posts
I finally got one of these a few weeks ago and and can't believe I didn't get one years ago, I fly it almost every night in my front yard, it leaves a really big smile on my face! The best $85 I ever spent!
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:18 AM
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
I've been flying RC helis for years. I received a Night Vapor for Christmas. I love it. It is so relaxing.

I initially flew the Night Vapor with Rudder on the right stick. I moved it to the left and am comfortable flying Mode 2. I was also comfortable flying mode 4 (rudder on right stick). I just read somewhere that for 3 Chn airplanes, you should assign the Rudder to the right stick so it will make it easier to transition to a 4 Chn Airplane, since turns are usually done with the right stick (aileron).

So, not being a RC Airplane enthusiast what is the recommendation? Do I move the rudder to the right stick, or keep it on the left stick for the 3 chn Night Vapor? I do plan to get a 4 chn airplane in the future.
t1234 is offline Find More Posts by t1234
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:07 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1234 View Post
I've been flying RC helis for years. I received a Night Vapor for Christmas. I love it. It is so relaxing.

I initially flew the Night Vapor with Rudder on the right stick. I moved it to the left and am comfortable flying Mode 2. I was also comfortable flying mode 4 (rudder on right stick). I just read somewhere that for 3 Chn airplanes, you should assign the Rudder to the right stick so it will make it easier to transition to a 4 Chn Airplane, since turns are usually done with the right stick (aileron).

So, not being a RC Airplane enthusiast what is the recommendation? Do I move the rudder to the right stick, or keep it on the left stick for the 3 chn Night Vapor? I do plan to get a 4 chn airplane in the future.
I would say to leave it on the right stick. On a 4 channel airplane, the ailerons are on the right stick and that is all you need to turn the airplane. The rudder can be added in to fine-tune the turns but that is optional. Many people who fly 4 channel airplanes mix the rudder to the ailerons to get coordinated turns with only the right stick.

If you put the rudder on the right stick on a 3 channel airplane, then there is no learning curve to be able to fly a plane with ailerons.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:19 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,392 Posts
I have always put the rudder on the right stick for 3 channel. But lately I mix the rudder and ailerons together. I normally fly 4 channel stuff and use both rudder and ailerons at the same time, so I tend to expect some type of turn using either stick.

For learning I would suggest using the right stick. Just my two cents.

What is funny with this mix is if you go right rudder and left aileron, the rudder never moves.....

By the way, model 2 for above.
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:32 PM
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info. I'll put the rudder on the right stick for the 3 chn Night Vapor.
t1234 is offline Find More Posts by t1234
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:44 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
What is funny with this mix is if you go right rudder and left aileron, the rudder never moves.....
That makes sense, although I have never used an aileron-to-rudder mix. I like to do that manually, and that gives you the option to do flat turns with rudder and opposite aileron. Of course this has nothing to do with the Night Vapor, but it works great with larger planes that can carry cameras. The flat turns keep the horizon level in the video, making it more watchable.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:25 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,490 Posts
I have the rudder programmed to work on both right and left stick on my DX6i. I can turn using the left stick(rudder) and the right stick(elevator). If I get into trouble I can use the right stick as rudder/elevatoer to bail me out of a jam.
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:30 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,246 Posts
I recently found out I can fly indoors at the local community center here and grabbed my Night Vapor for some relaxing fun! . I shot some video today, enjoy.
First Indoor Flight Video (2 min 21 sec)
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:34 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,048 Posts
Nighthawks Frankin Vapor!

2nd upgrade all about power.

I just attached a Champ prop, to my NV. It already has the J-3 motor upgrade and a 150mAh batt. Tested it in the living room *******Whooooooooosssssh********* its fast

Noticed the rudder getting "flimsy". >Probably from all the living room crashes over the years
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dualsky Hornet 460