Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:42 PM
AMA 988154
United States, NJ, Somerset
Joined Jan 2009
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourbluehorizon View Post
change the velcro on the plane and the batteries
That's my question, to what? Other velcro available that I know of is probably either too course or too heavy.
k4pacific is offline Find More Posts by k4pacific
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:19 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4pacific View Post
That's my question, to what? Other velcro available that I know of is probably either too course or too heavy.
I bought some Velcro brand stuff that was precut into oval shapes and very thin and light. Have used it on many RC projects. Wasn't the run of the mill Velcro stuff. Got it at Wal Mart. As for my NV, I use a little zip tie loosely zipped around the center of the battery tray and slip the battery under it. Holds well and supplements the weak factory Velcro. Don't over-zip the tie.
whirlcap is online now Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:28 PM
AMA 988154
United States, NJ, Somerset
Joined Jan 2009
194 Posts
Thanks Whirlcap, Just checked my local Walmart and they have the velcro dots in stock. I've got plenty of zip ties, just never thought about using them. I appreciate your input.
k4pacific is offline Find More Posts by k4pacific
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:53 AM
UK, Ballymena, Ballymena
Joined Aug 2008
138 Posts
Velcro

The ordinary velcro from walmart will be Ok. Cut it down to size. The original was no good. The new velcro hasnt made any difference to the performance of the plane.
ourbluehorizon is offline Find More Posts by ourbluehorizon
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:40 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4pacific View Post
Just recenly got my Night Vapor, first plane. When using a 150MAh battery, many times it will come out of the battery clip and just dangles in the air. It seems the velcro isn't strong enough to keep the battery in place. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Other than the battery, it's just very relaxing fun.
I use a loose fitting tiny zip tie around the battery holder. Keep it loose enough to slip the battery under it. Works great. Or you can change the Velcro too. Some of my batteries have no Velcro for use in other micros so this works best for me. Others make a shrink tube sleave with Velcro on it to use on non-Velcro batteries.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, GA, Grayson
Joined Mar 2008
507 Posts
FPV Peace Drone on Fox 10 News (5 min 38 sec)

Check out 2:30. Night Vapor drone
tripleup05 is offline Find More Posts by tripleup05
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:14 PM
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Sep 2011
198 Posts
Cool vid. The vapor fling was fun.
Notsogood is offline Find More Posts by Notsogood
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:23 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,075 Posts
Shadow 2.0 civilian edition

"Oww man another Night Vapor. Honey the government are spying on us again!"
Nighthawk74 is offline Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Sep 2011
198 Posts
Whirlcap, been flying the vapor lately? The wind here has been blowing pretty good for awhile as seen by the fires in the area.
Notsogood is offline Find More Posts by Notsogood
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:20 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsogood View Post
Whirlcap, been flying the vapor lately? The wind here has been blowing pretty good for awhile as seen by the fires in the area.
Not in a while. The NV is usually my front yard flyer in the evenings and I have not had a calm evening in a while. When I've been free to sit out front and fly.. Been windy here a bunch this Summer so far. Even the mornings are breezy.
Last edited by whirlcap; Jul 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Jan 2012
90 Posts
I got my NV yesterday, bound it to my dx6i, was actually able to fly it where & how high I wanted within first battery charge. That was my first ever rc flying. Today I was actually able to trim it correctly & do a few loops (on purpose) & catch it when I wanted to land. This makes a perfect first plane!
DIYJIM is offline Find More Posts by DIYJIM
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:23 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleup05 View Post
I am not a fan of them calling RC planes "drones". Those are what the military flies!
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
90 Posts
Hey guys, I got a 3/16" tear in the elevator today. Is there any way of repairing it so it doesn't get worse without adding any weight? I can cut a small piece of tape to cover it. Just wondering the best way to fix without adding any weight.
Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:49 AM
United States, IA, Sidney
Joined May 2012
177 Posts
I just used a piece of scotch tape on mine last winter and works fine. The NV and rose bush had an argument and the Vapor lost.
tyme4me is online now Find More Posts by tyme4me
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
90 Posts
Thanks tyme4me, I'll do that. I guess if I get more tares I'll recover with a Mylar balloon.