HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:27 AM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Dang it!!!!

Just picked this one up at my LHS tonight and upon binding noticed that the left wing White LED is not functioning at all.

Anyone have any similar issues and an easy fix (didn't observe any obvious loose connections/wiring) or should I try to return/exchange at my LHS?
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2010, 09:07 AM
"I Am The Animal!" in training
Winston-Salem, NC
Joined Sep 2008
1,008 Posts
i posted this in the vapor mods thread... maybe yall will have some ideas tho

hey guys. Ive had my vapor for like a year and a half, and Ive officially flown the snot out of it, and have way too much money invested in replacement parts.

yesterday i mad a trip up to the hobby shop to buy parts for it again, but it was gonna be about $30 worth of parts. then i noticed that they sold the new night vapor as a replacement airframe (without the brick) for just $50. so i figured - for $20 more, i have a brand new airframe - its got the new easy to remove/replace modular parts, and its got lights!

so i got i got it home, and took a look at how to rig up the lights to work with my old vapor board. i cut the micro connector off of the wires coming from the wings main wires, and i soldered it (after i checked for polarity, lol ) to the solder pad where it was plugged into on a BNF night vapor.

it works! (halfway at least...) the three lights on the leading edge are bright as day! but the two nav lights on the trailing edge are VERY dim, and the strobe on the tail boom isn't lit up at all.

im beginning to think that this may have something to do with the fact that the nav lights and tail light blink/strobe on a normal night vapor. there must be some circuitry on the new brick, that mine doesn't have.

so im wondering if anyone else has tried this, and managed a way to just make all of the lights stay on solid all the time - bright. im maybe gonna look into wiring the nav, and tail lights into the same solder pads that the bright leading edge ones are. im a little worried about that tho.

Heli
helifryer is offline Find More Posts by helifryer
Last edited by helifryer; Jul 15, 2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:52 PM
Mooresville, IN
Joined Mar 2009
302 Posts
I just got my Night vapor today. Can you guys share some of your flight times and what battery you're using?
rclayton is offline Find More Posts by rclayton
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:22 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclayton View Post
I just got my Night vapor today. Can you guys share some of your flight times and what battery you're using?
12 minutes on stock PZ 70mAh flying at 1/2 throttle.
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:00 AM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Are the E-Flite 120's too heavy for this one?

I enjoy the "floatiness" of the NV on the stock 70mah...
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:42 PM
Mooresville, IN
Joined Mar 2009
302 Posts
I just ordered a few 160mah packs to try out.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 05:11 PM
USA, NH, Bow
Joined Jun 2007
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post
Are the E-Flite 120's too heavy for this one?

I enjoy the "floatiness" of the NV on the stock 70mah...
They're not bad.. probably better if there is any breeze too
I've been using the stock 70 inside and e-flite 120 and hyperion 130 outside
still feels very floaty even with the larger batteries
bobbutts is offline Find More Posts by bobbutts
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:45 PM
Mooresville, IN
Joined Mar 2009
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbutts View Post
They're not bad.. probably better if there is any breeze too
I've been using the stock 70 inside and e-flite 120 and hyperion 130 outside
still feels very floaty even with the larger batteries
What's you're flight time with the 130mah pack?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:30 PM
USA, NH, Bow
Joined Jun 2007
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclayton View Post
What's you're flight time with the 130mah pack?
did not time the 130 yet will try to do that soon.. just timed the hyperion 160 which feels noticeably heavier and got 27 minutes

longest flight ever for me
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:57 PM
West Babylon, N.Y.
Joined Nov 2001
229 Posts
channel assignment on vapor

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows how to switch the rudder to the rudder stick on the transmitter instead of using the aileron stick. I keep finding myself moving the rudder stick instead of the aileron. I am using a Spectrum DX7.

Thanks
Dave
crocket is offline Find More Posts by crocket
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:20 PM
"I Am The Animal!" in training
Winston-Salem, NC
Joined Sep 2008
1,008 Posts
i just used the setting on my dx7 to mix the aileron channel to the rudder channel. use one of the programable mixes, and slave the aileron channel to the rudder channel 100percent.

its in the dx7 manual... lol
helifryer is offline Find More Posts by helifryer
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:25 PM
USA, NH, Bow
Joined Jun 2007
339 Posts
stock pack 70mah 12.5 min
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:10 AM
Mooresville, IN
Joined Mar 2009
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbutts View Post
did not time the 130 yet will try to do that soon.. just timed the hyperion 160 which feels noticeably heavier and got 27 minutes

longest flight ever for me
Sweet! I just ordered a few of the Turnigy 160mah packs. I was going to order a few more, but at almost a half an hour I should be good to go.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 01:19 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
Woke up out of sound sleep at 3 AM. First thought was to get dressed and fly the Night Vapor. Just completed two 12 minute flights in the street in front of the house in total darkness. 2nd flight was touch-n-goes. The three white LEDís on the leading edge of the wing provide nice ground illumination when flaring for the landing. This is fun. Iíll be tired at work today.
That's COOL!

I had a VAPOR that I flew the living daylights out of until the brick died. I've been wanting a replacement for awhile now, but this NIGHT version has my interest! Some of the funnest times of my r/c "career" have been with the night vapor outside on calm days. Seems nights tend to have more "calm" than days...
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:26 AM
West Babylon, N.Y.
Joined Nov 2001
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifryer View Post
i just used the setting on my dx7 to mix the aileron channel to the rudder channel. use one of the programable mixes, and slave the aileron channel to the rudder channel 100percent.

its in the dx7 manual... lol
Thanks helifryer,

I'll try that

Dave
crocket is offline Find More Posts by crocket