HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:35 AM
Its Just a Game Of Drones
Joined Sep 2010
49 Posts
the motor stoping problem is caused by bad (tired)batteries..puzzled me for an answer till i used a new battery
LUCKY_LOTUS is offline Find More Posts by LUCKY_LOTUS
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:45 PM
Aerobatics?
Joined Oct 2010
63 Posts
do a lot of you guys fly indoors (living rooms?) How big'o rooms are yall flying in? My living room is about 19x16 and has a vaulted ceiling. Is that big enough?
Britnkurt is offline Find More Posts by Britnkurt
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Yes , plenty big
richardll is offline Find More Posts by richardll
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,627 Posts
My living room is 19x12 and I enjoy doing laps in "the pattern".
jwp2 is online now Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:01 PM
UK, Ballymena, Ballymena
Joined Aug 2008
139 Posts
vapour trails

Night flying in hall and field
ourbluehorizon is offline Find More Posts by ourbluehorizon
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:30 AM
Good Times!
Joined Feb 2011
249 Posts
Living room flying with the vapor, hell yeah, thanks for the idea. Move that battery as far back as possible and keep it in a harrier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX0GYg37psw
Micro Budget is offline Find More Posts by Micro Budget
Last edited by Micro Budget; Apr 02, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:12 AM
United States, WA, Burien
Joined Feb 2012
29 Posts
Night Vapor is AWESOME!
1week flying and I've cleared evergreens without a problem! very impressed.
Broke the carbon shaft of the end of the rudder..dont know how i did that though (maybe it was the vodka??), just picked one up today.
All stock still..I've read that people are using Champ props?? is this the name of another ParkZone bird?
chi chi is offline Find More Posts by chi chi
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:21 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi chi View Post
Night Vapor is AWESOME!
1week flying and I've cleared evergreens without a problem! very impressed.
Broke the carbon shaft of the end of the rudder..dont know how i did that though (maybe it was the vodka??), just picked one up today.
All stock still..I've read that people are using Champ props?? is this the name of another ParkZone bird?
I broke my rudder carbon shaft a while back, repaired it with music wire. I think it was .020 size. Used hot glue to dab it in in a couple places and worked great. I have a spare rudder now but see no need to use it yet. Fun little plane, have not flown mine in a while but with days getting longer, I can see some early evening flights coming soon.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:55 AM
United States, WA, Burien
Joined Feb 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
I broke my rudder carbon shaft a while back, repaired it with music wire. I think it was .020 size. Used hot glue to dab it in in a couple places and worked great. I have a spare rudder now but see no need to use it yet. Fun little plane, have not flown mine in a while but with days getting longer, I can see some early evening flights coming soon.
Ooo..I kept my broken rudder... I think its a great candidate to use with your music wire fix!

I just saw the Champ Utra-Micro propeller. Once I'm thru with the original propeller, I'll go for the Champ.
chi chi is offline Find More Posts by chi chi
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:30 AM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
Mine got grounded by a bird the other night... surprisingly the only damage was a single broken landing gear... broken at the root though so awaiting replacements... there's nothing to glue to in its current form.

I'm relegated to hand launch and landings, but I'm overly pleased how durable this plane is considering how fragile it feels.

(The bird in question was a little black bird, not sure the species but they like to hop around in the back garden all the time... this time though, they wanted to attack the slightly bigger bird with lights )
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Apr 01, 2012, 03:02 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
The night vapor finally is going to get to come back out again... its been sitting in its box for 6 months. Going to try a little indoor flying today (away from the wind that is supposed to be coming up). I've heard that there are often more than a dozen of them in the air at this gym at once. Might have to take the video camera for that...
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Old Apr 01, 2012, 03:41 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPonyRocks View Post
Mine got grounded by a bird the other night... surprisingly the only damage was a single broken landing gear... broken at the root though so awaiting replacements... there's nothing to glue to in its current form.

I'm relegated to hand launch and landings, but I'm overly pleased how durable this plane is considering how fragile it feels.

(The bird in question was a little black bird, not sure the species but they like to hop around in the back garden all the time... this time though, they wanted to attack the slightly bigger bird with lights )
I broke a gear leg too and pulled the other one out to match until my replacement arrived. Funny thing was that after flying for a week with no gear, it floats so nice, I never installed the new gear.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Apr 01, 2012, 04:36 PM
UK, Ballymena, Ballymena
Joined Aug 2008
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighjc View Post
The night vapor finally is going to get to come back out again... its been sitting in its box for 6 months. Going to try a little indoor flying today (away from the wind that is supposed to be coming up). I've heard that there are often more than a dozen of them in the air at this gym at once. Might have to take the video camera for that...
Vapours in combat is something else. Try tying a piece of coloured thread to the tail. With just enough rudder it will circle quite happily. The nano tech 130mah lipos from Hobbyking are good value. Also replace the velcro supplied as it doesnt hold.
ourbluehorizon is offline Find More Posts by ourbluehorizon
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:55 AM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
649 Posts
I've been messing around with indoor micro helis (msr, msrx) but have been frustrated with them.

Decided to try planes and picked up a champ. I've Flown my champ twice now and love it!

On a whim I got the night vapor and took it out last night for the first time.

Wow is this thing fun!!!!

I am seriously hooked!
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:41 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Yup, It's a fun little bird. I'm going to take mine out for some living room laps tonight after the house is quiet. It's looking like it might even be calm enough to catch a few battery packs outside in the yard tonight even.
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids