SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:59 PM
Deutschland, HH, Hamburg
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Hi!

I m a new member onto this forum; but I I red it for a long time and I have to say: Its the most detailed "full of RC fans totally crazy" - RC forum...

One expirience from Hamburg: Im flying the Vapor only in my livingroom... With loops (all stock) and very nice slow hoovering. I attached two pics, which are showing my tip for flying much more "stable"; especially if y are flying fast...:-))

I would like to know, if Dave Eichstedt is thinking about to extend exactly this "Vapor" product range? Slow, SILENT (could be VERY important; you fly and the family is sleeping...:-)), capable to provide fun, Bi-Vapor??, extra 260 AS3X Vapor-Style?? Yes, we are the target group...

Have Fun!
palelive is offline Find More Posts by palelive
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Sep 2011
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Nice pic. Have you taken her to Legacy Park yet?
No the wind has been up lately but have flown it out front. Just built skis for it to fly on the snow. Might get snow tomorrow so hopefully no wind with it.
Notsogood is offline Find More Posts by Notsogood
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:51 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
I just replaced the horizontal stab on my original Vapor. I used an X-acto knife to carefully cut the old "box" off. Not sure if acetone/debonder would work...often that stuff melts more than you want!

I just did a friction fit with the new unit.

Hope his helps!

Pete
Got the new elvator assembly on this morning, of course I had remove the rudder to replace the elevator block and of course when I did that I dropped the small, (tiny)rubber retainer that keeps the rudder in place when I was reinstalling the rudder. I could not find it anywhere. Will figure something out to replace it with. Other than that, RTF again!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:56 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
The Night Vapor came with extras in the bag with the spare prop!
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:31 PM
Fly it like you stole it!
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by palelive View Post
I m a new member onto this forum; but I I red it for a long time and I have to say: Its the most detailed "full of RC fans totally crazy" - RC forum...

One expirience from Hamburg: Im flying the Vapor only in my livingroom... With loops (all stock) and very nice slow hoovering. I attached two pics, which are showing my tip for flying much more "stable"; especially if y are flying fast...:-))

I would like to know, if Dave Eichstedt is thinking about to extend exactly this "Vapor" product range? Slow, SILENT (could be VERY important; you fly and the family is sleeping...:-)), capable to provide fun, Bi-Vapor??, extra 260 AS3X Vapor-Style?? Yes, we are the target group...

Have Fun!
Well, I am not Dave Eichstedt, but I would like to point out that Eflite makes a micro Extra that you can most definitely fly in your living room, depending on your skill level and the size of your living room....

UMX Extra 300 3D BNF by E-flite (1 min 18 sec)
ODUsurfer is offline Find More Posts by ODUsurfer
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,954 Posts
[QUOTE=billd76;20462206] Will figure something out to replace it with.QUOTE]

If you don't have small enough shrink wrap wire insulation will work.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:36 PM
Blade CP Pro Newb
New York
Joined Sep 2006
79 Posts
Figured I'd chime in... I'm a new Night Vapor owner, it just came in the mail today, charging up all the batteries tonight for some fun tomorrow.
funbags is online now Find More Posts by funbags
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:43 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funbags View Post
Figured I'd chime in... I'm a new Night Vapor owner, it just came in the mail today, charging up all the batteries tonight for some fun tomorrow.
Same here! After reading this thread, and talking to a couple of the guys who post here (LoveSpicyFood & IndyMatt) I finally took the plunge and got one. Thanks fellas!

Flew it a bit out front in a light 2-3mph wind. What a hoot! I used an e-Flite 150mah 25c battery and got around 18 minutes before I decided to bring it in. I handed the sticks to my brother in law (on low rates), he lawn darts it within 15 seconds onto the pavement which sheared the prop shaft clean off where it meets the prop. Looks like a trip to the LHS for more props and shafts will be in order.

Nonetheless, I am stoked about this little yard flyer! Looking forward to many calm nights and great flights!
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:44 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
Got the new elvator assembly on this morning, of course I had remove the rudder to replace the elevator block and of course when I did that I dropped the small, (tiny)rubber retainer that keeps the rudder in place when I was reinstalling the rudder. I could not find it anywhere. Will figure something out to replace it with. Other than that, RTF again!
I lost that too when I broke my rudder. A dab of hot glue did the job fine.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:48 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Welcome, you will enjoy her. Give her enough room for the first few flights, then move to the crowded areas after you have a feel for it. (unless you have decent RC skills already)
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:51 PM
Blade CP Pro Newb
New York
Joined Sep 2006
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
Welcome, you will enjoy her. Give her enough room for the first few flights, then move to the crowded areas after you have a feel for it. (unless you have decent RC skills already)
I'm going to try to fly it in one of my larger rooms, its to cold outside to fly this week. The wife is going to love this (not).
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:04 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
Same here! After reading this thread, and talking to a couple of the guys who post here (LoveSpicyFood & IndyMatt) I finally took the plunge and got one. Thanks fellas!

Flew it a bit out front in a light 2-3mph wind. What a hoot! I used an e-Flite 150mah 25c battery and got around 18 minutes before I decided to bring it in. I handed the sticks to my brother in law (on low rates), he lawn darts it within 15 seconds onto the pavement which sheared the prop shaft clean off where it meets the prop. Looks like a trip to the LHS for more props and shafts will be in order.

Nonetheless, I am stoked about this little yard flyer! Looking forward to many calm nights and great flights!
Congrats Blucross! Watch out for those brother-in-laws! . I remember when I was first teaching my bro to fly on a brushless Easy Star and he says, "I think I am going to try a loop.". I wasn't paying enough attention and BAM, straight into the ground!
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:04 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,256 Posts
Quote:
I'm going to try to fly it in one of my larger rooms, its to cold outside to fly this week. The wife is going to love this (not).
LOL, good luck with that one! You have a double whammy coming your way
1. limited space -it's not a heli you can't just hover..
2. The wife... need I say more?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:18 PM
Blade CP Pro Newb
New York
Joined Sep 2006
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
LOL, good luck with that one! You have a double whammy coming your way
1. limited space -it's not a heli you can't just hover..
2. The wife... need I say more?
Haha we shall see
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:21 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Haha we shall see
Please do give a flight report