HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2011, 11:15 PM
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
I don't get it...mxandrews and cubesmith I think are talking about the same prop, one says you have to fill it, the other that you don't.... I guess I'll find out, just ordered a set from Amazon with my prime shipping account. $5.99 and free shipping.

What about the J-3 Cub prop http://www.amazon.com/Prop-Spinner-1...4910783&sr=1-1 anyone use try that one yet?
alpinesandtoys is offline Find More Posts by alpinesandtoys
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2011, 12:38 AM
United States, CA, San Gabriel
Joined Jan 2008
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinesandtoys View Post
I don't get it...mxandrews and cubesmith I think are talking about the same prop, one says you have to fill it, the other that you don't.... I guess I'll find out, just ordered a set from Amazon with my prime shipping account. $5.99 and free shipping.

What about the J-3 Cub prop http://www.amazon.com/Prop-Spinner-1...4910783&sr=1-1 anyone use try that one yet?
Opps! I was speaking of the setup I had before. I was running the Champ motor with the 4-site prop. This was extremely heavy, yet had ridiculous power. I'm talking unlimited vertical to the moon, Alice!

I do not recommend this setup, as it takes a lot of modding to the Champ gearbox, and taping of said motor to the Vapor fuse. Like I said, rediculous, but I love power!
mxandrews1 is offline Find More Posts by mxandrews1
Old May 20, 2011, 11:21 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
Some friends invited me to fly at a gym and I used their vapor and ember. Tried pylon racing, hand catches, 50 ft steamers, ect.. Bought a Extra 300 3D to try some 3D, but definitely had to get a Night Vapor for pylon racing, relaxed flying, and flying when air is crouded (NV will take more abuse). Couldn't wait till the gym opened so flew NV in my garage. I am waiting for the battery to charge and will try it outside on the patio.
e-gull is offline Find More Posts by e-gull
Old May 21, 2011, 01:22 AM
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
Tried the 4 site champ prop, had to fill the hole with CA as it's too large for the night vapor shaft. Serious power! BUT, uncontrolled dives that are almost impossible to pull out of for some reason. If you try and nose down a bit the plane points straight down and you can't pull out, weather you're under no power, half or full power. It's bizarre....I had to take the prop off. You can fly it as long as you don't nose down too much. but as soon as you get the nose down too much you can't pull out.
alpinesandtoys is offline Find More Posts by alpinesandtoys
Old May 21, 2011, 08:24 AM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
Couldn't make it out to fly last night so I got up early and flew out in the back yard this morning. Slightly overcast, about 65 degrees, wind 0 - 6.5 MPH. Half the time 0 to 1 and the rest mostly 3 - 5 with a spike of 6.5 MPH. I have good a wind meter. Flew 12 minutes and it was fantastic. Came close to a tree and bushes. Maybe 1 1/2 to 2 feet away. Had to watch that the spike of high wind didn't blow me onto the roof or into the neighbors yard.A lot like flying my Slow Stick in miniature. A lot of time in harrier, but liked cruising at higher speed especially in the windier periods so the wind had less effect.
Old May 22, 2011, 07:06 AM
HK--Phils.
Joined Dec 2006
898 Posts
Hi guys,

Going to get a night vapor and join the "FUN" club, but there're a few questions would like to ask(sorry i didn't read all the posts here and please bear with me if the Qs had been discussed)

1) I know the rudder is on the right(aileron) stick, can i mix it and make it on the 'real' rudder stick(left) on my dx7?

2) Is there anything to mod or check out of the box?

3) Any mix to make it fly the slowest? high alpha? (i just have a small living room so the slower will be the better)

4) Any thing else i have to pay attention to?

Thanks a lot for any help guys.
Just hope my LHS has it in stock.........
heliboy88 is offline Find More Posts by heliboy88
Old May 22, 2011, 08:42 AM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
Post 61 and 62 discuss the rudder stick switch on DX7. It doesn't need any mods, but everyone will probably find some to customize to their liking. To help with flying high alpha move the battery back. I moved it as far back as I could to harrier around and moved the battery forward for more level flying. Needless to say after a couple flights the battery now stays far back. Battery holder slides back and forth. Good luck.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:00 AM
HK--Phils.
Joined Dec 2006
898 Posts
e-gull,

Thanks a lot for the tips, that's a really good idea about moving back the lipo, will definitely do that and find out which position suits me best.
heliboy88 is offline Find More Posts by heliboy88
Old May 22, 2011, 11:09 AM
Flowery Branch GA
Joined Aug 2010
75 Posts
I flew the Vapor for the first time, in the dark, last night. It just floated in the humid, still air of a late Georgia evening. This thing flies slooooooow.

I'd flown it numerous times in the daylight, but the wind was dead calm and once I got the hang of "reading" the lights..... it was a blast.

The maneuverability is amazing, with the slow speed it seems to just stop, and change direction on a dime.. We flew the Ember 2 until it became too dark, then switched to the Night Vapor. What a blast!

Also did a first flight on the micro P-51 this am. This will be my 4 channel trainer.
Allert is offline Find More Posts by Allert
Old Jun 01, 2011, 10:20 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
I flew the Night Vapor this morning once before the winds picked up to 10 to 20 MPH. The real fun was tonight for my first flight with the Vapor in the dark. One flight as the sun was setting and one as it got real dark. That way I got use to the dark gradually as I flew. Now I see why so many put lights on their planes. My Slow Stick I flew outside till an hour after the sun was completely gone. No lights on the plane or in the park. This is my first plane with lights and I can see that I will be flying it in the dark a lot more.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 06:47 PM
Joined May 2011
29 Posts
Does anyone know if teh cub esc brick can replace the NV brick? I fried the brick by plugging a battery in backwards...thanks for any help
trdsupra88 is offline Find More Posts by trdsupra88
Old Jun 02, 2011, 10:38 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
The wind did not die down till it turned dark. Had my maiden flight with the Extra 300 ultra micro. Little hops around the yard trimming the plane and found it easy to harrier almost as easy as the Vapor. After one battery I was ready to switch to the Night Vapor and relax watching the lights in the dark. I started standing at the corner of the garage so I could fly not only in the main part of the backyard but also fly behind the garage. I cut the branches of the maple tree as far as I could reach so I also fly under and around the tree.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 10:58 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsupra88 View Post
Does anyone know if teh cub esc brick can replace the NV brick? I fried the brick by plugging a battery in backwards...thanks for any help
Yes, the cub brick will work.

Chimchim on RCG can fix your fried brick for $25
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 02, 2011, 11:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
beautiful!
MIJane is offline Find More Posts by MIJane
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts