HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by bzfrank, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 08, 2010, 04:34 PM
4.2V of pure Kraut power
Germany
Joined Nov 2006
458 Posts
Discussion
"Cooler" Autogyro

A few weeks ago I finished the build and maidened the Cooler autogyro this week.

I always was a fan of autogyros, ever since I saw 'You only live twice' as a child on TV, where James Bond flys the 'Little Nellie'. An autogryo flies a lot like a normal airplane, but as the rotor is not powered and only driven by the airflow the pilots job is to make sure it never stops rotating. As a bonus you cannot stall an autogyro and in a light wind it can do 'on-the-spot' landings.

The Cooler is normally made using a PET bottle. I choose to cover the fuselage with balsa and paper instead and add some scale looking touches.

Link to the video, rough grass demanded a punch-up start:

http://www.wizards.de/~frank/images/...irst_Start.avi

The Cooler is driven by a Turnigy AerodriveXP SK 3536 910Kv / 310W with Turnigy 40A ESC @ 3S2500 mAh / 25C. 3 x Hitec 5645 servos for the rotor and the rudder.
bzfrank is offline Find More Posts by bzfrank
to remove ads between posts