HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sonny1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 08, 2010, 04:26 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Discussion
Ax rewind!

Adding a couple of pics here on my blog of a rewound motor I have to help the person who rewound it identify it. Here's a couple of pics of it. It's a 28mm motor, and runs like a bat out of h**l!!
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2010, 05:01 PM
Flying high
Seattle, Wa
Joined Dec 2002
2,263 Posts
I have a few of those:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...N_Floater-Jet_

I've been wondering about a rewind, any chance you can give some info like gauge of wire, number of winds, and the results?
billwhit is offline Find More Posts by billwhit
Old Apr 08, 2010, 05:35 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwhit View Post
I have a few of those:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...N_Floater-Jet_

I've been wondering about a rewind, any chance you can give some info like gauge of wire, number of winds, and the results?
I didn't do the work; I'll contact him and have him pm you, (or get his ok to have you contact him). I can tell you one thing, this is the smoothest running outrunner I've ever owned, with huge power and high efficiency. I've been running it on 3S 25C lipo, a 12x6 folding prop and pulling 20+amps and it just barely gets warm; I'm sure I could push it further if I wanted. Stay tuned!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Apr 08, 2010, 07:59 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Those are originally wound with 13 turns delta of multistrand junk wire that adds up to about 26 awg. The rewind you see here is the same number of turns, but done with 24awg wire. The Kv is theoretically the same, but due to the drop in Rm it actually "acts" like a somewhat higher Kv motor (more RPM for the same current draw).

Dave
timocharis is offline Find More Posts by timocharis
Old Apr 09, 2010, 04:54 PM
Flying high
Seattle, Wa
Joined Dec 2002
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timocharis View Post
Those are originally wound with 13 turns delta of multistrand junk wire that adds up to about 26 awg. The rewind you see here is the same number of turns, but done with 24awg wire. The Kv is theoretically the same, but due to the drop in Rm it actually "acts" like a somewhat higher Kv motor (more RPM for the same current draw).

Dave
Thanks for that! Did you rewind it Delta? I've never done that wind before, I've just done the ABC wind. It sounds like it's worth rewinding one though!
billwhit is offline Find More Posts by billwhit
Old Apr 09, 2010, 05:40 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwhit View Post
Did you rewind it Delta?
Yup!

Dave
timocharis is offline Find More Posts by timocharis