Closed Thread
Old Apr 08, 2010, 01:23 PM
Suspended Account
Elk Grove Ca. In RC since 1976
Joined Jun 2008
152 Posts
Discussion
CD of race instructs pylons judges not to call cuts on him

If the CD of an AMA sanctioned warbird race instruct's the pylon judges not to call cuts on him.....what should be done about it?

Should the pilots be informed?
Should the AMA be informed?

How should it be handled?

I would like to hear your opinions as race pilots on what should be done.
John Casey is offline Find More Posts by John Casey
Last edited by John Casey; Apr 08, 2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: additions
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2010, 09:37 AM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,869 Posts
I would assume he was joking and hopefully the judges ignored the instruction.
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers
Old Apr 09, 2010, 01:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2008
152 Posts
How about we assume he was not joking....Although that would be a great excuse if caught.

What should be done about this? Even if he /she did not "win that heat" it would still seriously affect the points outcome of a race for 2nd 3rd and so on.

So question still stands what should be done about a CD
instructing the judges not to call cuts on the CD.? (again this is an AMA sactioned race)
Last edited by John Casey; Apr 09, 2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: additions
Old Apr 09, 2010, 02:43 PM
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Oct 2008
341 Posts
Delete
I Marauderer is offline Find More Posts by I Marauderer
Last edited by I Marauderer; Apr 09, 2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: I don't want to feed the Troll
Old Apr 09, 2010, 05:35 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Oct 2004
527 Posts
Hey Guys,

Please don't feed the troll.

http://search.rcuniverse.com/search....archwhere=both
ChrisAttebery is online now Find More Posts by ChrisAttebery
Old Apr 09, 2010, 11:31 PM
Sacramento Executive, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
288 Posts
Thank You Chris,
I am in the process of contacting the people running this forum to stop this before it even gets started.
BTW just so you know, I am "TommyGun"
FlinVR is offline Find More Posts by FlinVR
Old Apr 09, 2010, 11:59 PM View Post
ChrisAttebery
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while ChrisAttebery edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:39 AM
Sacramento Executive, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post

This crap has been coming up for 5 years now? Go get a life dude. Move on.
Hey Chris, just to be clear, because it is REALLY necessary in this case.
This was not directed at me?
I don't think it was. But there is one who might think it was.
FlinVR is offline Find More Posts by FlinVR
Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:16 PM
Joined Oct 2004
527 Posts
No it was directed at the original poster. Some of the RCU stuff dates back to at least 2005. I could see being steamed for a year, but 5 years? It's way past time to move on.

There's more to it, but the fact is it's time to quit stirring the pot.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2008
152 Posts
Wow , ask a question .....get.... personally attacked.

####Recent Visitors ####
The last 9 visitor(s) to this page were:
CaseySP FlinVR hoppy99 I Marauderer Jimmy Skids kaptain1 scribble007 soarm Tunes .

Looks like I'm being stalked again by some of the same gang that attacked me on another forum on another site.... Nothing new there! keep stalking the prey....

The question is still a valid one for the racing community, BTW a racing community that does span way beyond northern cal.

So this question is.... What should be done about a CD of an AMA sactioned racing event that instructed the pylon judges not call cuts on him?

What should be the "cleaning up procedure" to keep the racing clean and pure?

For the posters whom are attacking "the original poster"
...If it did not happen...... what are you so worried about?

"Still being steamed after 5 years......?"
Thanks for showing us WHO THAT IS.....
IF someone other Than "John Casey" posted the question......would you be reacting like this??? sounds like your the ones with the personal grudge.
Last edited by John Casey; Apr 12, 2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: additions...
Old Apr 12, 2010, 04:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2008
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlinVR View Post
Thank You Chris,
I am in the process of contacting the people running this forum to stop this before it even gets started.
BTW just so you know, I am "TommyGun"
Well I would hope the folks running the forum won't do a knee jerk reaction without finding out what the "otherside" has to say.

I bet the so called "know it all's/experts/powers that be" were pretty embarrassed when it was proven the world was not flat , and only one person right with the rest of the world being......wrong.

hopefully a discussion can be held with responsible pilots from the rest of the country.
Last edited by John Casey; Apr 12, 2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: additions
Old Apr 17, 2010, 06:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2008
152 Posts
Troll....?
How about quitting the personal attacks...???

More like cyberstalking if someone looks into things close enough...
Last edited by John Casey; Apr 17, 2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: follow the trail....from one thread to another
Old May 07, 2010, 01:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2008
152 Posts
I finally figured out why ChrisAttebery, someone I have never met in person is so upset with me, You see the folks down at his club DO NOT let the racing guys overrun the flying site with their "facet of the hobby" .

While the "race"group he is defending....( little hard for him to be impartial here).. does allow for that and does not care what the other club members think about their weekends always being impacted with races.

A quick check of the events schedules of both clubs proves the case.
One has a variety of events, while the other primarily only racing
(18 races, two types). It would be great to actually get to see some other event at the site.

I like racing too, but too much of ....even a good thing....is'nt a good thing.

So Chris, I'm sorry you feel that way you do towards someone you have never met and are ONLY going by what you are "TOLD".

So guys don't help in the "organized oppression" of a fellow pilot.
Last edited by John Casey; May 08, 2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: additions to the revelation's
Old May 10, 2010, 12:39 PM
Joined Oct 2004
527 Posts
Actually John, I have read your posts and talked to some of my friends. You seem to have a very large axe to grind with one club in particular. You managed to upset the club officers enough to get yourself banned permanently from the club.

I don't know what you did, I don't even care. When you join a club you have two choices, accept the way things are or leave. It seems that you tried to make things the way you though they should be and people didn't like it. It also seems that since all of this went down you have tried on several occasions to defame the club and make the racers out to be a bunch of thugs. Some of those racers are my friends. It's as simple as that.

IMHO this thread is just another troll, an attempt to garner some sympathy and win some support for your cause.

If you had a concern about someone trying to skew the judges in their favor you should have said something then and there. If you don't think you're getting a fair race go somewhere else.

For the record, in the 5 years since I came back to flying I have done 3D, electric speed, electric ducted fan, and racing. I have been involved in some form of R/C since 1985 or so. At this point I don't have time for anything other than the 4-5 races I make it to each year.

Now, you night have noticed that each time you've posted in a thread about racing at that particular club there is a change in environment as soon as you post. At least one of those threads has been closed to prevent you from turning it into another soapbox. My honest opinion is that if you can't enjoy racing you don't want anyone else to either.

This is the last time I will respond to any of your posts. I'm blocking you permantently. I honestly wish you well. I hope you can find a club that you like and allows you to get your racing fix.

Good luck.
Old May 11, 2010, 02:54 PM View Post
John Casey
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Group attack). Show it to me anyway.
Closed Thread