SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2010, 12:13 PM
Joined Mar 2009
3 Posts
Discussion
New to flying - Need some help with a plane. FA 18e

Hello i just purchased this plane.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1419.html

I know a whole lot of nothing about planes but i do know i like the fighter jet type. This is cheap and i dont expect great things with it but i would like to know things i should or should not do with it excpecially since im a first time flyer.

Now i do have two friends that have been doing this a long time and they are going to fly it the first few times to get it trimmed out and setup for me but after that im giong to give it a go. So i would like to know if anyone has had experience with them and what advice they could give me. Thanks!

Also i was going to order 3-4 batteries for it but i cannot find any information on the battery tray size. Anyone know?
Fanatic1074 is offline Find More Posts by Fanatic1074
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2010, 04:36 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,354 Posts
Ive had the Red Viper version for about a month or so now....probably about 25 flights or so. Ive got 5 edf jets right now and I bought this one as a "beater" that never leaves the backseat of my car. Great little jet for the money, I dont really have anything to complain about on this one. Flies nice and is fast enough for me.

On the other hand, I would definetly not recommend this for anyone that does not have any aileron flying experience....especially for a small edf jet. I know jets are sweet and everything, but this isnt a plane newbie beginner pilot. Get some high wing rudder/elevator practice in first then move up from there. Good luck!
JGuilty13 is online now Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Apr 08, 2010, 05:04 PM
Joined Mar 2009
3 Posts
Yea i dont plan on flying it soon, Imma work on the simulator for a while and then ill let a buddy of mine run it a few times, then ill let him launch and land it and ill fly it in the air till im comfortable, then ill try landing and such.

I finally found the battery bay size and its 77x24x40 witch is kinda small i found some batteries that might fit but have you done anything different with the batteries? Or what are you running for batteries?
Fanatic1074 is offline Find More Posts by Fanatic1074
Old Apr 08, 2010, 10:01 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
i saw one of my bodys flying it at the field, it looks so easy to fly, not to fast just moves around nicely. just make sure you work on the simulator a lot.
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman