HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jodini, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 08, 2010, 10:52 AM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,062 Posts
New Product
Whirlybird Aviation in the USA!

KITS ARE HERE! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED SEND: $180.00 WHICH INCLUDES THE KIT AND PLANS and shipping...TO whirlybirdaviation@hotmail.com via paypal. If you are interested in a AstroFlight 701 Gearbox...they are $40.00....but please contact me to make sure I still have them in stock.

I will be going out of town, but these will be shipped UPS Ground on Aug. 9th when I get back in town. Family vacation comes first, then business.

Thanks for your patience!
Joe Cole
Whirlybird Aviation USA Rep

http://www.whirlybirdaviation.com/
It's official! After much begging, trading parts, and promising my "first born" to be named Dave...it has been officially done.

We now have two distributors of the Whirlybird Avaition products.

safelandings - Richard Harris will be the UK contact.

jodini - Joe Cole will be the USA contact...that's me.

So let me give you a quick intro. (Feel free to skip this part!)

39 years old...I have two kids, and lots of doves! It might seem strange to say, but there is a reason my rcgroup name is "jodini"....magician full time for the last 10 years! I've had a passion for it since I was a kid, finished college, had the real jobs (working on computers, teaching, helpdesk for computers) and one day I told my wife, "When I screw up a card trick, everyone laughs....when I screw up someones harddrive...no one laughs!" That quote was 10 years ago when I took the plunge full time. But over all I've been putting things up my sleeves since the age of 8 years old!

So is it magic and autogyros have something in common. It's the unexplainable, it's unique, and it's amazing! That's why we love them and that's why I've been hooked ever since.

I love building. I've built and flown the C.4 from Arizona Autogyro, PT-1/2a from flying balsa, PT-25, PT-profile, Gyrace, Twirl, Whistler, Slow-G, BEGI, Gyro Schtick, DAG-R1 (2 of them ), DAG - R2, DAG-60 and now the PCA-2 60 Gyro.

If there is anything that stands out on these gyros is "customer support" and some of these got me thru the hobby and others made me throw there gyros in the crash can! If I had a goal, I would want to be as helpful as someone like John and Mark with flyingbalsa. Super nice guys and very quick with their responses.

So why the Whirlybird Team. I think they have the best looking gyros out there. I love the scale looks and so do the guys at the field. The parts are very minimal....not a lot of special hinges, bearings, shafts.....just basic but flies well.

What's for sale!

I'll be able to distribute the following plans:
RPG and DAG R1 - (30-40 size motor)
DAG R2 (40- 50 size motor)
Profile Kellet (40-50 size motor)
DAG 60 (60-90 size motor)
PCA -2 (60-90 size motor)

PRICES:
DAG R1 - $20.00
DAG R2 - $22.50
Kellet Profile - $20.00
RPG - $35.00
DAG 60 - $45.00
PCA-2 $55.00

Shipping is $10.00 on all plans (will do combine shipping = $5.00 for every additional plan)

So feel free to contact me guys either here or whirlybirdaviation@hotmail.com . The Whirlybird Aviation Team is hoping this will help keep the shipping prices down for the US guys and keep poor Rich from tracking overseas packages! I'm home during the day mostly and every night, I have the magic gigs!

THANKS AND HAPPY "O" ROLL LANDINGS!
http://www.whirlybirdaviation.com/
jodini is online now Find More Posts by jodini
Last edited by jodini; Jan 31, 2012 at 03:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2010, 11:00 AM
Joined Sep 2004
4,062 Posts
Price list

PRICE LIST

Here's the offical price list. Prices have been dropped because of our new arrival, the PCA-2. Keep watching the website and the forum to find out when the plan is for sale.

SALE on PLANS!

DAG R1 - $20.00
DAG R2 - $22.50
Kellet Profile - $20.00
RPG - $35.00
DAG 60 - $45.00
PCA-2 $55.00

Shipping is $10.00 on all plans (will do combine shipping = $5.00 for every additional plan)
Old Apr 08, 2010, 11:07 AM
Joined Sep 2004
4,062 Posts
Which gyro is right for you?

There is a lot of questions on which one should I buy? What's the weight and rotor span?

Many of these details can be found on the forum but this will give you an idea.

RPG and DAG R1 - 30-40 size
DAG R2 40- 50 size
Profile 40-50 size
DAG 60 (60-90 size)
PCA -2 (60-90 size)

Servos:
RPG - 3 metal (for head and rudder) and one standard (throttle)
DAG R1, DAG R2, Profile 3 metal (for head and rudder) and one standard (throttle)

DAG 60 3 metal (for head and rudder) and two standard (elevator and throttle)

PCA-2 Pitcarin 60 - 5 standard servos (You could go for a metal servo for the rudder but not necessary if you go with a spring loaded tail wheel. Also the aileron servos should be mini servos).

Hope this helps you decide which gyro is right for you!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 07:04 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1 Posts
How do I get a RPG.
Bigalbiker is offline Find More Posts by Bigalbiker
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Feb 2010
2,169 Posts
are you still selling plans for these?
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds
Old Mar 23, 2013, 04:44 AM
Joined Dec 2009
35 Posts
Hi Joe

I would be interested with the plans of the DAG R1.
Could you please say me how to do?
I'm living in France.

Regards
Lionel Mlinaric
Mlinaric L is offline Find More Posts by Mlinaric L
Old Feb 17, 2014, 06:53 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,534 Posts
Joe,
I have a set of plans for the PCA-2, and remember there were some short kits cut for this model. Any of those left or available?

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project