SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by shanesmadhouse, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 08, 2010, 02:46 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
702 Posts
Discussion
F-111 pusher finally built.

Hello all,
Well another addition to the hanger has finally occured.
This time it is an F-111 built from foam and depron wings. It really was a labour of love as I had to have this plane finished nearly two years ago as thats when the lovely other half said it had to be finished by. We can not rush these things.
Plans were a mix of Beanies/ Super hornets and PSSS on line in the UK. I took the good aspects from each and built a bit of a hybrid. It does not have swing wings as I just wanted to get the plane right.
Its now built and just awaiting for a very decent day to head off into the wild blue yonder. So far it feels good with a Cof G just about right and everything else feeling good.
Hope you like the pictures if your that interested you can find the build log in the pusher jet planes section under F-111 pusher.

Cheers Shane
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by shanesmadhouse; Apr 08, 2010 at 03:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2014, 06:59 PM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
702 Posts
After flying the pig a many a time from both bungee, dolly launches and fixed u/c I have come to the conclusion that taking off and landing this beast with the prop at the rear causes more heartache than anticipated. I think that I have maybe 20 flights without the motor coming away from the plane after having a prop strike. So F-111 evo 2 is being born with a complete change to the structure. Take off one pusher prop set up, opps already done thanks earth. Get two 70mm EDFs check and some foam and start building.
yes twin 70mm EDFs coming our way. Fingers crossed there is enough FSA through the inlets.
Will keep you informed of the outcome. Photos also inbound.
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.