HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:48 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Hey Pilots,

I just wanted to chime in real quick here to give you all some info. I have been talking and working with LX the past many months on this Mig. It is near completion and we are in the testing stages. My sample should be here in the next 2 weeks and I will be doing an extensive video. Looks like it's going to be an excellent MIG! I am excited!

Happy Flying,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:23 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
an excellent mig but I want the EXCELLENT F-22 also
and please do include extra Yleads to connect the slats and flaps with gearrs for us who don't have an "189channel" radio
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:34 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
Well guys they are getting better and better at getting the scale touches right. So since it is still in proto form they may just change it. Would be nice if they did. Would be a nice addition to hang next to my SU-34.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:51 PM
Spain, AL, Granada
Joined Mar 2007
356 Posts
Not sure anyone has mentioned it but leaving the scale look of the cockpit aside I am more concerned about the durability of the landing gear.. is that cheap plastic, too thin? I wonder how it will stand the weight and "tough" landings over and over :S.
I am unsure whether I like more the Freewing Eurofighter or this Mig (hmm maybe the to-be-released F-18, or Galaxy..?
petronio is offline Find More Posts by petronio
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:58 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by petronio View Post
I am more concerned about the durability of the landing gear.. is that cheap plastic, too thin? I wonder how it will stand the weight and "tough" landings over and over :S.
The gear looks similar to the gear in the Su-47. I had some ungentlemanly landings on them and so far they withstood it well.

Quote:
I am unsure whether I like more the Freewing Eurofighter or this Mig
The EF has all kinds of gear problems (check out the thread). I have it and think it is easier as a plane - fewer options, a large delta wing, only one fan etc. The Mig looks better, I think, and has interesting options like the flaps and slats. Good for tinkering.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:25 PM
Spain, AL, Granada
Joined Mar 2007
356 Posts
Dankeschön für deine Tipps Henrich .

That relieves my mind, happy to hear the gear seems to be better than FW one, yep read the thread about the EF and there are quite an amount of complaints...

Thanks again for the clarification.
petronio is offline Find More Posts by petronio
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:21 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,189 Posts
Nice subject, but it's a shame you have to rework the darn thing to make it actually look like a MiG 29. I think the canopy is not even close and I aggree that this area of the plane is like it's face. Look at all of the F-4 foamies that don't look right because of this.

On the other hand, you can fix it all and you'd have the only one that looks right. Kinda what corsair nut is doing with the FlyFly F-4.

Steve C
Steve C is online now Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:42 AM
Joined Feb 2010
225 Posts
guys im looking for a replacement airframe on my recently crashed starmax 90mm f16...This mig looks awsome, except for the un-scale like canopy which will hopefully be fixed upon release. Another thing which bothered me was from a vid i saw of it in flight. The smoke and pilot ejection options looked cool but the power setup running it was lame. The jet looked like it barely made it past 70 mph...will this jet be available airframe only??
walkingonair69 is offline Find More Posts by walkingonair69
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
a large jet always looks slower than a small one... but with 2.5kg of thrust on 2.0kg plane I think it will be faster than it looks...
Old Jun 16, 2010, 09:07 PM
AEROBOT
Socal
Joined Jan 2009
318 Posts
Has this video been posted already? I just founded.

Giant Mig-29 Lanxiang www.ready2fly.eu (1 min 32 sec)
muzik59 is offline Find More Posts by muzik59
Old Jun 16, 2010, 09:09 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2008
999 Posts
Any ideas:
- if it comes with Tx?
- how the smoke mechanism works, and can it be toggled?
Mtn_Commando is offline Find More Posts by Mtn_Commando
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
it comes with optional Rx/Tx 9 channel
it can be toggled with a switch on the Tx.. it only lasts for 3 minutes or so and once you start smoking the place you cannot stop it unless there is no more material in the tanks.. not sure if they are refillable but it should be..

walkingonair69
with such short take off I wouldn't say that this thing would be slow
Old Jun 17, 2010, 06:57 AM
Tom Bass Park RC Nonconformist
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2007
923 Posts
Guys, stop complaining about the canopy and what not...

You know that if they decided to not fix said, cosmetic errors.. You'd still order this model!! It's just a freaking RC Model... Ok, while we are fixing the cosmetic looks of it, Could you add drop tanks release mechanism.. and anti-static antennas?

And now back to your regularly schedule program!!
Cdr.Instigator is offline Find More Posts by Cdr.Instigator
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:24 AM
Joined Jun 2009
389 Posts

Very nice runway for big EDF models, I wish I had access to one like that !
Just for curiosity, where is it located ?
flylowfast is offline Find More Posts by flylowfast
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:28 AM
Tom Bass Park RC Nonconformist
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2007
923 Posts
Nice
Cdr.Instigator is offline Find More Posts by Cdr.Instigator