HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:42 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,158 Posts
Hello Pavlos,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
what's the overall weight with the 3700 pack ???
About 2,43 kg with the stock 2x 3S 25C 3.600 mAh packs.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:07 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
so with that pack it's 1:1
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:42 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
so with that pack it's 1:1
Nope, the 4.000mAh SLS weighs only 30 grams more than the 2x 3.600mAh stock. Sorry .

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:51 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,158 Posts
MiG vs Eurofighter vs Su-47

Hello there,

here some pictures of the MiG compared to the Freewing Eurofighter and the Lanxiang Su-47.

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok then.. 2 sapacs :P
or 2 rclander plastic ones.. or two HET 6904 with 2 THE BEASTS and you got your self a 3.6-4kgs of thrust.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Hello there,

here some pictures of the MiG compared to the Freewing Eurofighter and the Lanxiang Su-47.

Cheers,
Henrik
the images again pls

EDIT: ok now they are visible
Old Aug 16, 2010, 04:03 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,752 Posts
Nice size bird. Foamies just keep on growing. Love it.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Aug 16, 2010, 04:12 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
Nice size bird. Foamies just keep on growing. Love it.
I wonder how big they will get. We now have 1,50m in length, 1,10m in wing span, 2x70mm fans with 2,4kgs AUW. The basic construction is sound and could be easily scaled up with the addition of carbon fibre tubes in the wings and maybe one or two longitudinally.

What if you take 2x90mm fans or 2x120mm fans? Will we have a jet with 2,50 length and 1,70m in wing span? How many kilograms?

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Aug 16, 2010, 04:16 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
I wonder how big they will get. We now have 1,50m in length, 1,10m in wing span, 2x70mm fans with 2,4kgs AUW. The basic construction is sound and could be easily scaled up with the addition of carbon fibre tubes in the wings and maybe one or two longitudinally.

What if you take 2x90mm fans or 2x120mm fans? Will we have a jet with 2,50 length and 1,70m in wing span? How many kilograms?

Cheers,
Henrik
I am IN for a twin 90 or twin 120mm. Then I will need a new TRANSPORT VEHICLE....This MIG29 might just be my Limit. Nice. Time for an Aircraft Trailer.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
there is a flyfly Mig29 with twin 92mm fans

EDIT: -- >
FLYFLY Mig-29 TWIN 92mm EDF お友達とツインフライト~! (4 min 21 sec)

AND

MIG-29 EDF 92mm x 2 (7 min 18 sec)
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
and something irrelevan..
anyone for a fast plane ?
Very, very, very fast Turbine powered RC Jet (5 min 59 sec)
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:18 PM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,599 Posts
congrats pete

Our MIG-29 Won the weekends Best Jet Award this weekend at the Electric Jamoboree! For the Flight and Scale Appearance! I LOVE this JET! WOO HOO! =D ~ Pete
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
despite that flyfly has some good scale models..
I stick with LX models.. They are EPS foam but it's the stiffest EPS out there.. nothing like starmax and other companies.. it's very close to EPO but maintains it's lightness
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:48 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,158 Posts
Build Tips

Hello there,

here some tips on the build. It is not a full report, because a) I only built the ARF and b) because the manual has already been posted in this thread. It just turns out that there are some pitfalls that I wanted to let you know before you stumble into them as well .
  • First, the box is big. So you need a big car to take it home. Or choose a non-rainy day (a challenge here during the last days, hehe).
  • Buy enough 5-minute (or 10-minute or whatever you like) epoxy. The glue shipped with the plane is taking forever (over 12 hours for sure) to set and looks flimsy.
  • The screws for the horns are of two lengths. Don't use all the long ones for the first horns you screw in (and don't ask me how I know that...).
  • Some control rods are bent or need bending in order to run free.
  • When attaching the clevises to the horns, you need to guess. There is no description in the manual what the recommended positions / holes / control throws are. I tried to glean some information from the pictures, but it wasn't always clear.
  • Before glueing any part (wing, horizontal stabilizer) in, check all servos in the part whether they function. Also center the servos and attach the control rods. It is much more relaxed to attach and tune the control rods on an individual wing than on the whole plane.
  • Before glueing in the tv nozzles, consider to put some oil between the big 360 ball joint. The joint grinds a bit and is hard to access from the outside once glued in, any oil added later won't disperse as well because then you have only very limited space to apply it.
  • Also make sure that you understand that the tv nozzles are differing between each other, one is for the left side, one for the right.
  • Use a ruler or other flat and straight object to really align the tv nozzles horizontally and vertically.
  • The seam between the fuselage top and bottom is not always glued well. Consider to add some epoxy, particularly at the stressed parts such as the extensions that carry the elevator hinge / axis.
  • If you don't want Dean's plugs (they are at their limits at the 78A that go through, solder in new plugs before the wings etc. are attached.
  • The foam is mechanically very strong and resistant. This means that the wings and the horizontal stabilizers will NOT (!!) simply fit into the openings in the fuselage. If you put in epoxy first and expect the parts to fit you'll have a big mess on your hands. So fit them first. The trick that helped me was to take a smooth object like the length of a screw driver and carefully flatten the edges of the wing & stabilizer insets a bit. Really do test that they fit all the way, particularly the stabilizer rear was a problem in my case.
  • There are many options how to wire the servos to the receiver. In the shipped version, tv nozzle right, elevator right and aileron right are connected via a three-way Y-wire. But you can easily fish out these wires in the cockpit and reconnect them, e.g. by putting the aileron onto a separate channel.
  • 6s batteries don't fit, except in the front compartment, which will make the plane nose heavy. So forget about 6s (what a drag!). On the other hand, funny combinations of batteries are possible, e.g. 2x3S, or also 1x4S and 1x2S if you want more weight. If you split the weight not 50:50, but e.g. 33:66 towards the rear battery compartment, you can put in heavier batteries as the lever of the rear compartment is much smaller than the one from he front compartment.
Observations:
  • The impeller fans seem to be of questionable quality. At least they again show some "saw-like" edges (see my fan pictures at the beginning of the Su-47 thread).
  • The retracts are very loud.
  • The rear tv nozzle servos are not perfectly synchronized. One leads, one lags, until they reached their final position, which is then good again. Oh where are the HS-65MGs ? :-)
  • The rudder horns of the horizontal TV nozzles are exposed in the plain open. They need a bit of foam in front of them for protection from belly touches during landings.

The MiG is quite similar to e.g. the Freewing Su-34, only better:
  • bigger
  • large flaps and slats, probably better suited for slow speed (approaches, landings, high alpha)
  • working rudder
  • removable 70mm fans (o.k. I fit 70mms into the Su-34, too :-)
  • good looking retracts without servos
  • funny blinkenlights
I have to say, I am pretty impressed by that machine. It looks good. I hope it stays so after flight testing - if yes, it could really be one of the best foam jets available currently.

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:50 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,592 Posts
Pete it was AWESOME watching you fly that Saturday!! I even left my F-104 on the ground till after you landed just so I could watch the whole flight Wanna trade my A-4 for one
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent