HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2010, 02:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2010
230 Posts
With the B2, I had three bad servos right out of the box. And the only way to change them was to cut hatches into the foam. The other big problem was the landing gear, it was too sloppy to acheive a straight takeoff.
Maybe you want to wait for the next version. You can be pretty sure there will be problems with the first version.
You also might think of waiting for one of the Hong Kong dealers to get this one, too.
doctorjimmy is offline Find More Posts by doctorjimmy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2010, 05:19 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,108 Posts
Hello Earaoz,

you wrote:
1) Not enough airflow to fans
-> Possible, but I am optimistic, the ducting is simple and almost straight (and not as weirdly formed as e.g. in the Su-47). If worst comes worst, one could cut cheater holes.

2) Retract support base weak
-> A common problem, I agree. But the Lanxiang guys have this nailed down better than e.g. Freewing. Already since the Su-47, the gears have HUGE support areas, the glueing area is something like 12x2,5cm.

3) Retract struts need a lot of maintenance
-> That seems to be the biggest risk to me.

Cheers,
Henrik

PS: I am half-way through the build... It is pretty straightforward, but I'll post a report when done, because there are a few points to consider (and at least my edition of the manual contains only small pictures, but no explanatory texts).
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:44 PM
Rc Flying is my Sanity!
United States, CA, San Jacinto
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
All i can say is,

I FRIGGEN WANT ONE!
Fast_Eddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast_Eddy
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:06 PM
Northern CA
Joined Apr 2003
124 Posts
Henrik, I know I can run it on less channels. My question was about the radio.
sharam is offline Find More Posts by sharam
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:26 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,243 Posts
Here is a picture of the radio.
It is the standard LX unit from the Su-47 (at least here in the UK, maybe Pete ships with a better unit). It's perfectly functional, but no more than that. I'd recommend using your own radio on such an expensive jet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharam View Post
Henrik, I know I can run it on less channels. My question was about the radio.
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:40 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorrisRC View Post
Here is a picture of the radio.
It is the standard LX unit from the Su-47 (at least here in the UK, maybe Pete ships with a better unit). It's perfectly functional, but no more than that. I'd recommend using your own radio on such an expensive jet!
This is the same radio I got with my lx models F-22 V3 (The one with the retracts)
Good radio.. had the chance to range test it when I lost my F-22 out of sight Luckily I drove almost 5 minutes into the fields and found it without a scratch in the tall green wheat
I now use it on my Guanli A-10 I got from BH because I had a loss of signal with that stock fm radio(that was before my DX6i)
I now have my dx6i on the F-22 the F5-E, mini Cox warbirds P51 mustang and FW-190, and the EXTRA300 4stroke that I was given as a present. I didn't want to retire that LX models radio which also has an elevon mixing switch AND channel no.5 which is for retracts has built in slow rate. if you connect the retracts of any plane on ch.5 you can see them retract slow and scale
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:56 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,243 Posts
I never knew that about ch.5 on that radio. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
This is the same radio I got with my lx models F-22 V3 (The one with the retracts)
Good radio.. had the chance to range test it when I lost my F-22 out of sight Luckily I drove almost 5 minutes into the fields and found it without a scratch in the tall green wheat
I now use it on my Guanli A-10 I got from BH because I had a loss of signal with that stock fm radio(that was before my DX6i)
I now have my dx6i on the F-22 the F5-E, mini Cox warbirds P51 mustang and FW-190, and the EXTRA300 4stroke that I was given as a present. I didn't want to retire that LX models radio which also has an elevon mixing switch AND channel no.5 which is for retracts has built in slow rate. if you connect the retracts of any plane on ch.5 you can see them retract slow and scale
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Aug 15, 2010, 08:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
That's why we are here.. to share info and learn. I'm in this forum and "study" almost every day since I got my first plane.

Now I noticed that mine is missing the TV on/off switch.. other than that everything is exactly the same.
I tried the radio on my F5-E when I first built it and it was the same slow retract motion
after I installed the AR500 on it I needed the turnigy servo reducer and reverser to have the same effect. (sold on HK and it's very usefull to avoid stripping servos)
unfortunately my F-5 crashed badly when I squeezed one of the turnigy packs in and the soldering came off so I totally lost control. waiting for BH to stock a new airframe only to rebuilt because it is a very nice plane to fly.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 08:47 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,108 Posts
More measurements from the front

Hello there,

here two new data points about the MiG-29 from the test bench. Measurements were taken inside the airframe with a Jeti MUI-150 capacity / voltage / current combined sensor. The battery used was a SLS 4.000mAh 25C 6s freshly charged. Plugs where 4mm gold plugs which have slightly better resistance than Dean's plugs (<0.2 mOhm instead of <0.3).
  • Maximum current drawn at WOT: 78 Ampere (1,9 kW at 24 Volts)
  • Maximum thrust: Less than 1:1 an AUW approximately 2.430 grams.

I am a bit sad we didn't get 1:1.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Hey Henrik.

what's the overall weight with the 3700 pack ???
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:33 AM
Northern CA
Joined Apr 2003
124 Posts
SmorrisRC and pavcon, thanks for your replies re the transmitter. I appreciate the input. Henrik, thank you for the additional information. This plane really looks beautiful but perhaps it needs a more powerful EDF system.
sharam is offline Find More Posts by sharam
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:40 AM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
Henrick

Maybe you need to get 2 of this

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1377

Static Thrust: Around 1,650 - 1,700g

So for 2 of them we are talking 3300 to 3400g of thrust, that be about 1.25-1.4:1 in power to weight (depending on the battery weight

Cheers

PB
backman8571 is offline Find More Posts by backman8571
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:39 PM
Brazil, MG, Unaí
Joined May 2006
107 Posts
Pete, you use the radio in flight, and even that comes in RTF KIT?
juninhodunai is offline Find More Posts by juninhodunai
Old Aug 16, 2010, 01:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by backman8571 View Post
Henrick

Maybe you need to get 2 of this

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1377

Static Thrust: Around 1,650 - 1,700g

So for 2 of them we are talking 3300 to 3400g of thrust, that be about 1.25-1.4:1 in power to weight (depending on the battery weight

Cheers

PB
man..these will make the plane ULTRA tail heavy.. I did it with the first LX-22 and it was super tail heavy.. I was lucky to Harier land it..

2 sapac edfs will be fine.. now I'm looking for a good EDF unit so that I will use my Hoffman Magnetics the Beast in that F-22 on a 5S setup

I think that would be the HET6904 becasue I got a couple of EDFs that won't accept that motor for various reasons..

The Beast is a very expensive motor though so the best solution is the Sapac Solution but you will need to go for 4S setup so you will need better ESCs unless the stock ones can handle 60amps at burst at least
Old Aug 16, 2010, 01:14 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
Cool

Have you checked the fans from http://www.effluxrc.com/

Not sure what weight they have but they have some insane power

PB
backman8571 is offline Find More Posts by backman8571