21 Posts
Sky flight I tried the procedure but It wouldn't work
Wader237 is offline Find More Posts by Wader237
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:44 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
Ah...and throttle and throttle trim are all the way down?
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
Yep
Wader237 is offline Find More Posts by Wader237
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:05 AM
ROLL, PITCH, YAW
Joined Jan 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Hi there,

I bought one MiG29 there. The service was good, no complaints. Also, they were one of the very first in Europe to have the MiG in stock. They seemed a bit pricey, though.

If you are looking for a European source, you can also try trade4me.de, which have both the grey and the red (!) MiG in stock as airframe-only versions for 179 and 159 Euros, respectively.

It really is a matter of taste and inclination. If you go the airframe-only route, you will end up with a pretty damn good airplane if you do the right mods and add the right parts. It will cost you an arm and a leg and a lot of time. If you buy the ARF, you will get an airplane that looks good, but has some lame components, but which will be in the air in no time :-).

One thing to consider is that the ARF-Lanxiang-MiGs currently for sale are probably the older versions without the new fans and motors. So they had better be cheap.

Cheers,
Henrik

HK...thanks for the response. I'm actually in US but just came across this site. I know BH has these but a little leary due to bad reviews/complaints.

I don't mind adding my own components as I already have a good deal of spares in stock (fan/motor combos, MG servos, ESC's). Never in a hurry to get flying, kinda enjoy the build process part of it.
washab is offline Find More Posts by washab
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
When gluing the wings together, should I use normal 5 min epoxy or gorilla glue? If you guys suggest gorilla glue, whats a good technique for clamping the wings into position?

I glued the vertical stabilizers in with gorilla glue but had a VERY difficult time keeping the stabs where I wanted them. After they dried, I spent alot of time sanding and repainting them. In the end they didn't come out bad at all and I'm positive they're not ever coming out.
Pathfynder is offline Find More Posts by Pathfynder
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:46 PM
Making a Dynam Razorback Snafu
Joined Apr 2006
4,501 Posts
PF, use epoxy. This is eps foam so the epoxy will attach quite ok unlike EPO.
Gorilla has the problem of the expanding on curing.
Tartago is online now Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
Joined Apr 2006
4,501 Posts
Finally I managed to install new ESC and to solve the LG doors bugs.

Next is to install all the reinforced pushrods.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:40 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfynder View Post
When gluing the wings together, should I use normal 5 min epoxy or gorilla glue?
I have no experience with gorilla glue but can say that 5 minute epoxy works very well. I just would not try to glue in both wings at the same time, you don't want to be under pressure.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
and to solve the LG doors bugs.
Interesting. How?

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Apr 2006
4,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Interesting. How?

Cheers,
Henrik
I changed all the strings. Then I made sure there was no contact between wheel and fuse, I had to fix some foam with a hot rod . ( I'm using HK/Lander Mig-29 retracts BTW)
Retracted the LG and the started playing with the strings and some hot glue until they were aligned.
The left one gave me more problems so I fixed them with a small magnet.
The landers are really weak on operation. If they find a small obstacle, they will stop.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:23 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,158 Posts
Tx Tartago!
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:08 PM
Gotz tha Jet Feeva!!
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2011
146 Posts
Double post.
Purple Pashin is offline Find More Posts by Purple Pashin
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:46 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
I changed all the strings. Then I made sure there was no contact between wheel and fuse, I had to fix some foam with a hot rod . ( I'm using HK/Lander Mig-29 retracts BTW)
Retracted the LG and the started playing with the strings and some hot glue until they were aligned.
The left one gave me more problems so I fixed them with a small magnet.
The landers are really weak on operation. If they find a small obstacle, they will stop.
If the gear stops you are experiencing the over-current protection feature on these...If they didn't have this they would burn up, so over-current protection is your friend, not foe...

Glad you got everything to work without binding...I put mine up for a while as I have other projects I'm working on...All that's left for mine is to glue the wings on...I have a hot 6S setup with Sapac fans/Cyclone2500kv motors...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:47 PM
United States, LA, Gray
Joined Jul 2011
214 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm in the right forum here....I have this one - http://www.bananahobby.com/red-super...5419-prd1.html

Using the recommended 3-cell, 3000mah packs to fly it...but am only getting about 3-4 minutes of casual flight, nothing "spirited". I watt-metered the setup at full throttle and saw 84A continuous with about 1000w. I found a watt calculator online and computed the numbers...the flight time looks correct.

Just wondering of anyone has found a solution for extending flight times? I'm aware that I can go with larger mah packs, but more-or-less want to know what you guys are using.

Thanks in advance!
DontTMACajun is offline Find More Posts by DontTMACajun
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:06 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
That sounds about right. I use larger packs, but it only gives me about an extra minute. This is one of the reasons I stopped flying her so much. At max with lots of throttle management...I've been able to get 6-7 min. On a pair of fresh turnigy nano-techs 5000 mah. And that was pushing it on the time frame.

Nice plane...you just dont get a lot of flight time with her.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona