HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:19 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2010
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Does anyone know if the ARF's shipping today are the V2 with new fans and upgraded retracts?
Got red RTF this month:
The only thing that changed in last 9 months were ESC (they are now slightly flatter and ribs are along the airflow). Fans are still standart LX you find even on SU-47. Retracts are servoless but is a nightmare to make work solid (those I got 9 months ago were better)
Sockrat is offline Find More Posts by Sockrat
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:09 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockrat View Post
Got red RTF this month:
The only thing that changed in last 9 months were ESC (they are now slightly flatter and ribs are along the airflow). Fans are still standart LX you find even on SU-47. Retracts are servoless but is a nightmare to make work solid (those I got 9 months ago were better)
Thanks for the info, SR!

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:57 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
I was hoping they would be shipping with these now.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4502
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:44 AM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
I guess they are still shipping the same V1 plane....just got mine and everything is the same.
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:13 PM
Houston. .we have a problem.
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
To remove the plastic retracts, just activate them open, then yank them right and left until they detach from the foam.
Hey guys, just to let you know, I removed the plastic retracts from my old bird using denatured alcohol. Pour a small amount in (it wont eat the foam if it's DENATURED alcohol), wait a couple of minues then remove. Clean the area with paper towel, then you're set to put different ones in. No damage to the foam this way!
FOX ONE! is online now Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:23 AM
Bond, Hotglue Bond
Joined Apr 2006
4,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX ONE! View Post
Hey guys, just to let you know, I removed the plastic retracts from my old bird using denatured alcohol. Pour a small amount in (it wont eat the foam if it's DENATURED alcohol), wait a couple of minues then remove. Clean the area with paper towel, then you're set to put different ones in. No damage to the foam this way!
Good tip!
Tartago is online now Find More Posts by Tartago
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
So I'm replacing the escs and I was wondering if you had to rewire the escs and battery connectors in parallel as blitzworks did form the factory or can you just have them as 2 Seperate entities. And link the bec's with a y harness
Wader237 is offline Find More Posts by Wader237
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:19 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Here is a vid remix of LX Mig-29 I was playing arround with tonight

My Customised LX Mig 29 done in East German Scheme 3 MI2 (4 min 59 sec)
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:05 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2010
234 Posts
Brandon, 2 questions since you probably had more Migs then the rest of us here together:
1) HK sells a copy of retracts you ordered. The nose one has a very weak spring and fully folds at 400g. Not surprising, because spring diameter is too small for trailing link I think. Was it the same with yours?
2) Do you use aileron-elevator mix? I'm not comfortable with small ailerons but even less comfortable about mixing them with huge elevators.
Sockrat is offline Find More Posts by Sockrat
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:24 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Brandon, 2 questions since you probably had more Migs then the rest of us here together:
1) HK sells a copy of retracts you ordered. The nose one has a very weak spring and fully folds at 400g. Not surprising, because spring diameter is too small for trailing link I think. Was it the same with yours?
2) Do you use aileron-elevator mix? I'm not comfortable with small ailerons but even less comfortable about mixing them with huge elevators.
Yes I fly it with a delta wing mix, but I also can disengage that via the TX and fly it it normal wing if I choose to, but I prefer the Delta wing mix.

I don't know about the retracts at HK?...mine are from RCLanders and work great and hold up pretty well...even the nose gear...though I did beef up the strut pint to a 4mm pin
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:58 AM
Deutschland
Joined Oct 2008
76 Posts
Have RCLanders as well: retracts have a spring 43mm x 5.6mm with wire diamater 0.7mm and a 3mm strut pint. Both do not work with a 3.2kg MIG, replaced strut with 4mm and spring with wire diameter of 1mm.
Tim Wan should change that...
husel is offline Find More Posts by husel
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:11 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by husel View Post
Have RCLanders as well: retracts have a spring 43mm x 5.6mm with wire diamater 0.7mm and a 3mm strut pint. Both do not work with a 3.2kg MIG, replaced strut with 4mm and spring with wire diameter of 1mm.
Tim Wan should change that...
I agree. and I told him that when he did the first set for me. Also recomended it be 5mm on all 3 retracts
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:58 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Got red RTF this month:
The only thing that changed in last 9 months were ESC (they are now slightly flatter and ribs are along the airflow). Fans are still standart LX you find even on SU-47.
FYI for the latest version of the Su-47, they now have 80A ESCs and metal-shroud fans.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:43 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,479 Posts
Mine just came in. It seems much lighter and delicate compared to my SU-35.

SU-35 flat spin (1 min 22 sec)

I have some spare SU-35 fans and motors and will use those, as it is a kit and not RTF.

Will the MIG hold a single 6S battery? Up to what size?
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,479 Posts
Both wing landing gear were malfunctioning till I adjusted these screws.

I have a bad feeling about these landing gear but I'll give 'em a try.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl