HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
Registered User
Nigeria, FCT, Abuja
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Are you saying that LX is installing and including metal case EDFs in the latest version of this plane? How do you know? did yours come with them?
I bought two migs RTF and some spare EDF and retracts. Am taking a picture shortly.
sidajili is offline Find More Posts by sidajili
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:00 PM
Registered User
Nigeria, FCT, Abuja
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidajili View Post
I bought two migs RTF and some spare EDF and retracts. Am taking a picture shortly.
Ok find attached images of the new edf and retracts. The EDF in Twin F22, Mig 29 and F18 has all been upgraded. The ESC is now 70A instead of 50A. The Servos are all metal gear. The screw area of the retracts has been changed to metal which i think should resolve the failure experienced with the old one. The old ones usually have problems locking on ground or even retracting while making the landing approach.
sidajili is offline Find More Posts by sidajili
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:26 PM
Making a Dynam Razorback Snafu
Tartago's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
4,597 Posts
Nice improvements.
Yet, the wheels are too small.
Tartago is online now Find More Posts by Tartago
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:27 PM
Registered User
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidajili View Post
Ok find attached images of the new edf and retracts. The EDF in Twin F22, Mig 29 and F18 has all been upgraded. The ESC is now 70A instead of 50A. The Servos are all metal gear. The screw area of the retracts has been changed to metal which i think should resolve the failure experienced with the old one. The old ones usually have problems locking on ground or even retracting while making the landing approach.
Wow. I knew about the retracts but I am surprised with the metal/alloy EDF's.
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Nigeria, FCT, Abuja
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
Nice improvements.
Yet, the wheels are too small.
Yes, I agree the wheels are too small. The clearance from ground for the intakes is small and I have had stones sucked in and lost a fan (several times) during take off and landings. Surprisingly, a single EDF is able to bring the Mig back for emergency landing.
sidajili is offline Find More Posts by sidajili
Last edited by sidajili; Jun 07, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:41 PM
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidajili View Post
Ok find attached images of the new edf and retracts. The EDF in Twin F22, Mig 29 and F18 has all been upgraded. The ESC is now 70A instead of 50A. The Servos are all metal gear. The screw area of the retracts has been changed to metal which i think should resolve the failure experienced with the old one. The old ones usually have problems locking on ground or even retracting while making the landing approach.
Where can you get the upgraded retracts from? Thanks.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:08 PM
Registered User
Nigeria, FCT, Abuja
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Where can you get the upgraded retracts from? Thanks.
US distributors should soon be stocking this. Don't know if any has started selling the upgrades yet. Was lucky to be part of those to have the first few productions of the upgraded model after the Beijing RC expo. Was able to get the new F22, Mig29, F18 and F16 all upgraded version. I am eager to try these out and will update the forum after I have the chance to test things out.
sidajili is offline Find More Posts by sidajili
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:42 PM
Registered User
hklagges's Avatar
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidajili View Post
Was able to get the new F22, Mig29, F18 and F16 all upgraded version. I am eager to try these out and will update the forum after I have the chance to test things out.
Bravo and we are very curious !

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:26 PM
Registered User
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
sweet stuff! I still see the retracts have that one piece that screws on it still is plastic or a weird color metal.(yellowish color).
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:54 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
sweet stuff! I still see the retracts have that one piece that screws on it still is plastic or a weird color metal.(yellowish color).
Yep---Those are the pieces that are splitting/breaking...Although they changed one key component the rest of the retracts still leave a lot to be desired...I would still go with the Lander retracts...The fans look cool though!!!...They have a good kv too...(2500kv)...This will allow GREAT performance on 6S!!!...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:14 AM
Registered User
Deutschland
Joined Oct 2008
80 Posts
Only 39 items in stock, be quick!
Click below to view this item;
Turnigy DSR 0.60 class Tricycle Retract System 90 degree Rotating Main Gear (Mig 29 style)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21160
husel is offline Find More Posts by husel
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:25 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by husel View Post
Only 39 items in stock, be quick!
Click below to view this item;
Turnigy DSR 0.60 class Tricycle Retract System 90 degree Rotating Main Gear (Mig 29 style)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21160
These are the same custom retracts I had Tim Wan from RCLanders make for me last year for my Custom LX Mig-29...they work very well for the Mig
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:53 AM
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
These are the same custom retracts I had Tim Wan from RCLanders make for me last year for my Custom LX Mig-29...they work very well for the Mig
Are they a drop in replacement or does it require some modding?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:09 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Are they a drop in replacement or does it require some modding?
It will require some moding like making rail mounts to mount them on...I did a review on thes last year some where in here ....this thread has gotten so big. but there are installation pictures I did a while back in here
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:18 PM
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
It will require some moding like making rail mounts to mount them on...I did a review on thes last year some where in here ....this thread has gotten so big. but there are installation pictures I did a while back in here
Cool...Thanks Brandon.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Flyfly mig 29 OVT ak MIG 35 amigob Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 Oct 28, 2010 01:22 PM
Sold HET-RC Mig 29 Twin Fans Grey 3DTRYER Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Dec 07, 2009 11:15 PM
For Sale Mig-29 twin fan (including 2 X Het 6904mm fans 3DTRYER Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 17, 2009 05:58 PM
Discussion new mig-29 twin fans to be out soon gazza2003au Foamy EDFs 11 Feb 24, 2009 06:08 PM
Discussion HET Mig-29 Vs FlyFly Mig 29 skydve76 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 Oct 06, 2008 01:32 PM