HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
Nigeria, FCT, Abuja
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Are you saying that LX is installing and including metal case EDFs in the latest version of this plane? How do you know? did yours come with them?
I bought two migs RTF and some spare EDF and retracts. Am taking a picture shortly.
sidajili is offline Find More Posts by sidajili
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:00 PM
Nigeria, FCT, Abuja
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidajili View Post
I bought two migs RTF and some spare EDF and retracts. Am taking a picture shortly.
Ok find attached images of the new edf and retracts. The EDF in Twin F22, Mig 29 and F18 has all been upgraded. The ESC is now 70A instead of 50A. The Servos are all metal gear. The screw area of the retracts has been changed to metal which i think should resolve the failure experienced with the old one. The old ones usually have problems locking on ground or even retracting while making the landing approach.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:26 PM
Making a Dynam Razorback Snafu
Joined Apr 2006
4,597 Posts
Nice improvements.
Yet, the wheels are too small.
Tartago is online now Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:27 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
531 Posts
Quote:
Ok find attached images of the new edf and retracts. The EDF in Twin F22, Mig 29 and F18 has all been upgraded. The ESC is now 70A instead of 50A. The Servos are all metal gear. The screw area of the retracts has been changed to metal which i think should resolve the failure experienced with the old one. The old ones usually have problems locking on ground or even retracting while making the landing approach.
Wow. I knew about the retracts but I am surprised with the metal/alloy EDF's.
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:38 PM
Nigeria, FCT, Abuja
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
Nice improvements.
Yet, the wheels are too small.
Yes, I agree the wheels are too small. The clearance from ground for the intakes is small and I have had stones sucked in and lost a fan (several times) during take off and landings. Surprisingly, a single EDF is able to bring the Mig back for emergency landing.
Last edited by sidajili; Jun 07, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,659 Posts
Quote:
Where can you get the upgraded retracts from? Thanks.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:08 PM
Nigeria, FCT, Abuja
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Where can you get the upgraded retracts from? Thanks.
US distributors should soon be stocking this. Don't know if any has started selling the upgrades yet. Was lucky to be part of those to have the first few productions of the upgraded model after the Beijing RC expo. Was able to get the new F22, Mig29, F18 and F16 all upgraded version. I am eager to try these out and will update the forum after I have the chance to test things out.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:42 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Was able to get the new F22, Mig29, F18 and F16 all upgraded version. I am eager to try these out and will update the forum after I have the chance to test things out.
Bravo and we are very curious !

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:26 PM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
sweet stuff! I still see the retracts have that one piece that screws on it still is plastic or a weird color metal.(yellowish color).
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
sweet stuff! I still see the retracts have that one piece that screws on it still is plastic or a weird color metal.(yellowish color).
Yep---Those are the pieces that are splitting/breaking...Although they changed one key component the rest of the retracts still leave a lot to be desired...I would still go with the Lander retracts...The fans look cool though!!!...They have a good kv too...(2500kv)...This will allow GREAT performance on 6S!!!...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:14 AM
Deutschland
Joined Oct 2008
80 Posts
Only 39 items in stock, be quick!
Click below to view this item;
Turnigy DSR 0.60 class Tricycle Retract System 90 degree Rotating Main Gear (Mig 29 style)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21160
husel is offline Find More Posts by husel
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:25 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by husel View Post
Only 39 items in stock, be quick!
Click below to view this item;
Turnigy DSR 0.60 class Tricycle Retract System 90 degree Rotating Main Gear (Mig 29 style)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21160
These are the same custom retracts I had Tim Wan from RCLanders make for me last year for my Custom LX Mig-29...they work very well for the Mig
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
These are the same custom retracts I had Tim Wan from RCLanders make for me last year for my Custom LX Mig-29...they work very well for the Mig
Are they a drop in replacement or does it require some modding?
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:09 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Are they a drop in replacement or does it require some modding?
It will require some moding like making rail mounts to mount them on...I did a review on thes last year some where in here ....this thread has gotten so big. but there are installation pictures I did a while back in here
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
It will require some moding like making rail mounts to mount them on...I did a review on thes last year some where in here ....this thread has gotten so big. but there are installation pictures I did a while back in here
Cool...Thanks Brandon.