tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:47 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster View Post
Maybe all it takes is some paint. Extend the turtledeck by painting behind the canopy. Other wise meaning shorten the canopy up. Just a though....It could be worse like that twin 70mm F-14 thats about to come out soon with squashed up nose. Now thats scary A great jet done wrong

Danny
Danny, I have said it several times that the release of the F-14 you are referring to has the nose and the canopy re designed.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2010
86 Posts

where can I get the specs of this Mig? WS? Length? AUW?

thx.
going-electric is offline Find More Posts by going-electric
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:03 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Edited
Last edited by banana hobby; Jul 22, 2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:06 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Details will be available at www.bananhobby.com in the next day or so. Thanks for all your support and patience.

Happy Flying,

Pete
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:28 AM
United States, OH, North Olmsted
Joined Feb 2009
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Anyway, the wheels are way more big than the RC version.

And furthermore, we need them to take off from grass, don't know why they developed such little wheels for the RC version (I understand they are a new version)

Anyway this plane rocks!

Pavcon, could you please share again with us the link of that video?
(Cannot find it!)

Cheers!
Here is the video that some are asking for:

F-22 ( 70mm Twin Duct)デモ動画 (3 min 50 sec)
Steam28 is offline Find More Posts by Steam28
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2010
86 Posts

the best for me is I can do TV and retracts with only 6 channel.
Great.

not cartoon canopy, but F-16's canopy on the Mig-29 :-)
That Canopy is a very minor thing. I am quite sure
that some scale lovers will fix that look of the Canopy. Sparks may do so.

Thx for bringing in this great Mig
going-electric is offline Find More Posts by going-electric
Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:03 AM
Tom Bass Park RC Nonconformist
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2007
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
Details will be available at www.bananhobby.com in the next day or so. Thanks for all your support and patience.

Happy Flying,

Pete

Nice plane, but your costumer service really bites.. so much so, that not even if this thing was $120.00 for the empty kit.. would I order from you.

The funny thing is that, the Gods must have heard our cries, because when I click on that link above, it shows your web site is down!! We couldn't be sooo lucky, now could we?

Good Luck with all that!!
Cdr.Instigator is offline Find More Posts by Cdr.Instigator
Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:04 AM
Tom Bass Park RC Nonconformist
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2007
923 Posts
Dam,.... my mistake!!

You misspelled banana...
Cdr.Instigator is offline Find More Posts by Cdr.Instigator
Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:19 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
cdr it seems that you are not a regular in these boards as BH sure made a lot of improvement ... too bad for you if you are not ordering.. I'm getting that F-22 nomatter what
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:11 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
Hey Pete I didn't mean to step on your toes buddy. I do buy alot from you. I was just trying to tell everyone all we had to do if it really bother them about the whole canopy thing. Was just to paint it yourself. This doesn't bother me at all. SO I will for sure be buying this MIG! True about 100% scale we don't have the fly-by-wire to do so. As for EDF application these small jets need big intake. But it's great to see you try to have them fix the nose on the ultra classic super duper F-14! I didnt see your post on about fixxing the nose, because I can't seem to find it on rcgroups. I ran into on accident and could never find it again. Just keep up the hard work Pete. You build what you can and we'll buy what we like

Danny
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:17 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,696 Posts
Pete, I'm doing Industrial Engineering (Next year I've managed to get into Aeronautical Engineering) And I see all your points, you can't just scale down the Big Thing.
Anyway, I think they could find a way to set larger wheels, those little ones may come up with serious problems for those who take off from grass. It's a huge drawback for lots of people, here you might be loosing buyers for this same reason

Anyway, the Raptor in the video seemed to get through pretty well, even though a wheel blocked and couldn't retract. (Thanks Pavcon!)

Cheers!
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:20 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster View Post
Hey Pete I didn't mean to step on your toes buddy. I do buy alot from you. I was just trying to tell everyone all we had to do if it really bother them about the whole canopy thing. Was just to paint it yourself. This doesn't bother me at all. SO I will for sure be buying this MIG! True about 100% scale we don't have the fly-by-wire to do so. As for EDF application these small jets need big intake. But it's great to see you try to have them fix the nose on the ultra classic super duper F-14! I didnt see your post on about fixxing the nose, because I can't seem to find it on rcgroups. I ran into on accident and could never find it again. Just keep up the hard work Pete. You build what you can and we'll buy what we like

Danny
Danny, you didn't step on my toes buddy. I guess I was just having a long day. The F-14 nose and canopy has been revised. It does fly really nice! I apologize if I came off rude in any way.

Pete
Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:22 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Pete, I'm doing Industrial Engineering (Next year I've managed to get into Aeronautical Engineering) And I see all your points, you can't just scale down the Big Thing.
Anyway, I think they could find a way to set larger wheels, those little ones may come up with serious problems for those who take off from grass. It's a huge drawback for lots of people, here you might be loosing buyers for this same reason

Anyway, the Raptor in the video seemed to get through pretty well, even though a wheel blocked and couldn't retract. (Thanks Pavcon!)

Cheers!
I totally hear you. The issue behind larger wheels is that once retracted, it will not fit inside the retract area. I will explore once again how much larger we can get the wheels. As far as I know, this is the largest diameter we can get before the doors can not close. As for taking off on grass, on my second trip to the field, I will see if I can get a grass taxi and take off.

Pete
Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:27 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
I totally hear you. The issue behind larger wheels is that once retracted, it will not fit inside the retract area. I will explore once again how much larger we can get the wheels. As far as I know, this is the largest diameter we can get before the doors can not close. As for taking off on grass, on my second trip to the field, I will see if I can get a grass taxi and take off.

Pete
Pete - is your Video going up soon?
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1