HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:19 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,148 Posts
Hello there,

Quote:
Originally Posted by c131frdave View Post
Anyone dug out the magnets on the canopy and turned them around? I hate that stupid little plastic catch thing, and since I never plan to eject my foam pilot, why not make the canopy magnetically sealed?
I considered it, too, but how do you do this without messing everything up?

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:25 PM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by backman8571 View Post
Just picked up this one

http://www.rclander.com/default.aspx...f-a849a3be2de6

You can find them here in USA now at http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?route=common/home

cheers

Per
Where is the MIG on the site?
SMorrisRC is online now Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:36 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorrisRC View Post
Where is the MIG on the site?
Seriously? No offense but did you even look?

http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?rout...tegory&path=42
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:38 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
Per did you find out the stats for the fan? I did quick run on the stand awhile back.

LX 6S fan/motor =43.3amps 985 watts=3.3lb of thrust (Using a plush 80 amp ESC and a set of old 25c rhinos.)

Lx housing motor mini rotor 6s (0 min 32 sec)
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Oct 29, 2010, 06:43 PM
Too many numbers
United States, IL, Lake in the Hills
Joined Oct 2010
1,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Hello there,

I considered it, too, but how do you do this without messing everything up?

Cheers,
Henrik
Not sure, but I'm going to give it a shot. lol
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave
Old Oct 30, 2010, 01:11 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
I meant the lander one mentioned in the post, not the lx one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
Seriously? No offense but did you even look?

http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?rout...tegory&path=42
SMorrisRC is online now Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Oct 30, 2010, 01:58 PM
Too many numbers
Joined Oct 2010
1,811 Posts
Anybody found a good supplier for clevises? The ones that came with it look pretty brittle. I'd love to get some nylon or steel clevises, but all the local shops are baffled at the conrol rod size.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 03:38 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Sep 2006
166 Posts
Quote:
Anybody found a good supplier for clevises? The ones that came with it look pretty brittle. I'd love to get some nylon or steel clevises, but all the local shops are baffled at the conrol rod size.
The closes I've found is .047 in size and that's to big. I'm not sure if they make them smaller. Still looking

Leon
troadus is offline Find More Posts by troadus
Last edited by troadus; Oct 30, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 07:24 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troadus View Post
The closes I've found is .047 in size and that's to big. I'm not sure if they make them smaller. Still looking

Leon
After inspecting the clevises on mine, no way I can use them on my vital control surfaces. But I'm not entirely sure what to do yet.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old Oct 30, 2010, 09:26 PM
Too many numbers
Joined Oct 2010
1,811 Posts
I'm thinking of carefully sizing a set up with soldered metal clevises. I hate doing that because it always takes me 4-5 tries because I'm not a craftsman, but I think this might be the best way to do it. Is everyone that is flying just using the stock gear?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:41 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,148 Posts
Hello there,

Quote:
Is everyone that is flying just using the stock gear?
I guess, most. I fly stock and so far, so good. On the other hand, if you flip the MiG around and watch the two pushrods for the rudder function of the tv units, you will see that they BEND while operating. Not exactly beautiful. So there is something to be gained from using real (e.g. 2mm) pushrods.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Oct 31, 2010, 08:31 AM
Houston. .we have a problem.
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
983 Posts
Searching for 1.25mm clevises?

No, I can't find any, either, alternatively you could try these with Z bends at the other end of the control rod, plus they'll be much more secure than nylon clevises:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4365

Or the 845's here could work, although the holes may need enlarging slightly, it's easy. They're only alloy: http://www.shopatron.com/products/se...&submit=Search
FOX ONE! is offline Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Last edited by FOX ONE!; Oct 31, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 09:33 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
I am doing great so far using 2-56 rods and clevises!! Yeah its a little large but it works excellent.
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee
Old Oct 31, 2010, 04:34 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Sep 2006
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abagnalejr123 View Post
Searching for 1.25mm clevises?

No, I can't find any, either, alternatively you could try these with Z bends at the other end of the control rod, plus they'll be much more secure than nylon clevises:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4365

Or the 845's here could work, although the holes may need enlarging slightly, it's easy. They're only alloy: http://www.shopatron.com/products/se...&submit=Search

Would the 2mm clevises work with the control wire that comes with the kit? What size is that wire?

Leon
troadus is offline Find More Posts by troadus
Old Nov 01, 2010, 02:04 AM
Europe, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
97 Posts
Hi,

The wires are 1,2mm.

I replaced all of them, as on the left-hand-linkage for Flaps/Slats, the pin which goes in the the horn just broke off when I wanted to slip some tubing over the clevis...
I found that the clevises from Hobbyzone work like a charm, they only come in a packing of four clevises, need to my some...
I had to shorten the rods slightly, because the clevises are somewhat longer, but that's easily done by bending another Z just below the original one.
They even come already with fuel-tubing installed...

I'm using two times 3S 3600mAh, each 300g, according to the manual, I have the CG, but it feels horribly nose-heavy, will add a little weight in the drag-chute compartment...
Hendrik, could you please post a picture of the position of the elevator's leading edge at the fuselage when in neutral position for flight?

By the way, some manufacturers make it easy with the data on the CG, by giving *useful* data.
Other take the "scale" route and try to do it the way it's done in real-life airplanes...
But...
790mm from the tip of the Radome...?
Gotta be kidding me, how in heaven do you want to measure that accurately...?
The fuse's got such nice panellines that definitely are all the same with all of the kits, as all of the kits come out from the same form, so why don't the reference to such a line? Like the one that runs across the fuse just behind the black rectangular shape behind the canopy...? 30mm behind that one would be so much easier to measure than 790 from a tip that's hidden behind two curves that prevent straight measuring... And I personally don't like to shove that fuse up against a wall or something to have the first ding in the nose even before she's ready to maiden...

Had the strange case on flight number 5, that the right main-gear wouldn't extend.
After the belly-landing, it turned out that the tire somehow must've inflated since manufacturing...?!? Really, in retracted position, toward the center of the fuselage, there's about 1mm gap, toward the wing-tip, there's about half a millimiter missing, jamming the gear, which in turns makes the electronics think that it's already extended... Gotta dremmel some extra-room there...

Otherwise, my first flights were quite... uuhmmm... Unimpressive...?
Quite easy to fly her.
I have the Flaps and Slats connected to the original holes on the servo (2nd inntermost) and on the controlsurfaces on the outermost. Turns out, that until they're half-extended, they don't add any momentum to the plane, but already slow her down nicely. Full extension requires 10% of up-elevator for compensation. Slows her down nicely, though I did not land her in a crawl yet... Still somehow fear that the ripe cornfield underneath the final approach sometime will suddenly jump up and grab her...
What's amazing is how little impact those big throws have, especially from the elevator... (Elevator is on outermost from servo and 2nd outermost on elevator as I felt the throw to be too extensive...) I expected her to be quite more touchy...!

Cheers,

Daniel
Danyboy is offline Find More Posts by Danyboy
Last edited by Danyboy; Nov 01, 2010 at 02:14 AM.