HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:57 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
If you use the Cyclone power MG92 that has i think 2.4KG of torque and that should be enough.

Per
backman8571 is offline Find More Posts by backman8571
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2010, 01:00 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
Would you disconnect the front side of the wing (the flap) and then joint the flap and aileron together and then have the flap function mixed with the original flap servo and now both aileron and flap??

Per
Old Oct 27, 2010, 01:12 PM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by backman8571 View Post
Would you disconnect the front side of the wing (the flap) and then joint the flap and aileron together and then have the flap function mixed with the original flap servo and now both aileron and flap??

Per
You mean, disconnect the leading edge slat, then join the flap and aileron together and use the original flap servo to drive the aileron?
You could do, but I wouldn't use them as a flaperon in that case, just a straight aileron.
Whilst the wing profile is reasonably thick, so should have decent low-speed performance (unlike the real thing), I wouldn't risk deploying the flaps without having a protected leading edge. There would be a reasonable risk of wing stall in the case of a large aileron movement with flaps down, on the wing with most deployment.
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Oct 27, 2010, 04:42 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
What do you think of using an Gear & Door Sequencer for the gear doors instead of that flimsy wire??

Per
Old Oct 27, 2010, 04:47 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
I like the look of how the B-25 by hobby lobby is done

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/b_25_apac...96368_prd1.htm

All servo's and sequencer in one solid tray, you have an servo controlling the door not a wire

And door opens first and the the gear, gear go down and then the door

Like the real thing

Any opinion??

Per
Old Oct 27, 2010, 09:26 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
Hey where do they sell those door sequencer?

Danny
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:31 AM
maghull , merseyside
Joined Aug 2010
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorrisRC View Post
You mean, disconnect the leading edge slat, then join the flap and aileron together and use the original flap servo to drive the aileron?
You could do, but I wouldn't use them as a flaperon in that case, just a straight aileron.
Whilst the wing profile is reasonably thick, so should have decent low-speed performance (unlike the real thing), I wouldn't risk deploying the flaps without having a protected leading edge. There would be a reasonable risk of wing stall in the case of a large aileron movement with flaps down, on the wing with most deployment.
Leading edge still protected by slat on original servo. Depending on radio, slat could be deployed on separate channel allowing it to be used in high alpha conditions when flaps may not be of any great benefit. System needs no extra servos, just a lot of mixing. It is also reversable as the carbon rod can be cut to free the aileron/flap combination. Now with such a long aileron (flaperon), would there be any need to mix with the elevators ? I dont think so, making the whole layout much more "model like" and perhaps a bit more predictable in performance. From at lot of the videos I have seen the slow speed gear down stability has not been great. Landings have been like something off "Top Gun" without the safety net. The reason, who knows - Pilots, over control, many possible causes. I do however feel a lot of us are trying to make a very quick plane go slow instead of making a slow plane go quick. After all, its the beginning and end of the flight that really matters, not the silly bit in the middle.
BRIARCROFT is offline Find More Posts by BRIARCROFT
Old Oct 28, 2010, 09:33 AM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
I have found one from towerhobby for 35 bucks
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCJE1

Per
Old Oct 28, 2010, 09:42 AM
Suspended Account
TEXAS
Joined Sep 2005
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster View Post
Hey where do they sell those door sequencer?

Danny
Your friend elmer called me says he knows u... gonna come buy some stuff. I think I saw them on the tamjets site last year..

They are definitely on all the fiberglass jet websites..
zach_dad is offline Find More Posts by zach_dad
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:10 PM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,282 Posts
Hi.
For Landing Gear Bay Doors, take a look to this device:
http://www.oregonscaleaviation.com/R...MicroGear.html
You can take an idea from this page:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=293994
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Oct 28, 2010, 02:18 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
Pete

For all of us that was fooled by the CSR what are you planning to do for us in regards to the now in stock retracts and the smoke bombs, i see you have the igniters and smoke capsule in stock and it is saying bombs not sure if they are for the smoke bomb's.

You said you where going to help us, we are here and have been waiting patiently, but lots of guys are starting to lose that, so please answer us, ok

Thanks pete, we do trust you when you tell us you are going to help so now show us

Regards

Per
Old Oct 28, 2010, 03:09 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,686 Posts
Ok so what are you guys using for the CG measurement? I've never trusted what the manual says as they tend to just throw numbers out there. Lets here it.

My setup is...

ARC 28-58-1 3180Kv Brushless Inrunner X 2
Wemo Fans
5S 65C (yup 65C) 4000MAH XPS Batteries.

The size of the 65C 5S battery is PERFECT (seriously it slides in like it was made for it) with no mods required and combined with the two ARC motors should give way over 1 to 1 ratio. If I went 6S I would pull too many amps (around 160+ combined). With 5S I should pull around 60amps each motor at WOT and produce a crap load of thrust.

Should be fun.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:21 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
Any idea what your thrust is??

you say 60 amps on 5S your amp draw should go down not up if you add more voltage

P (power) = amp draw x voltage

P will not increase much but the amp draw should go down if you add a 6S, i can not see how it would increase, the weight is the same of all parts so the power to move the plane is the same so why would the amp draw increase, only if your motor can not handle the power, if i where you i would check into that more, the FAN you have is top the motor is probably rated for 5S as the efficient factor and don't have enough to take the 6S power that's why the AMP goes up, if you use a specific ARC 6S when you might even have less then 60A for the same or more tourque.

And 60 A x 18.5 volt = 1100 Watt that is ok

The WM400 MKS II was on 6S 110A that's over 2000Watt and the power on that is scary.

You can not produce insane torque if you don't have the power to start with, thats like saying my car can do 150mph but it takes 1 min to reach but my neighbor has a Ferrari with twice the power he can reach that in 20 sec, i hope that gives you an idea of what i am saying.

Cheers

Per
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:53 PM
Too many numbers
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Oct 2010
1,742 Posts
Ordered my Mig last Thursday, and it came in today! Thanks Pete!

Question though. I kind of got ahead of the game and ordered a battery in advance, or so I thought. The description said 6S 25C 3600mAh, so that's what I bought. But when I opened the box today, I see that it appears to actually take two 3S 25C 3600mAh batteries, one to each ESC. Crap!

So I take it I need to get a couple batteries, yes? Or can I somehow use the one I have? Luckily I only bought one battery, so I'm not completely screwed, but I'm still out some cash.

Also, the local hobby shop insists that I get a pair of 3S 25C 5000mAh Lipos instead. Are you guys using the stock batteries, or what. Thanks.
c131frdave is online now Find More Posts by c131frdave
Old Oct 28, 2010, 05:23 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,686 Posts
It's not as simple as that Per.

For example on my Tamjets 1/12th when I was running 10S I was hitting around 96 amps and 3900 Watts at WOT. Switching to 12S the motor was then pulling 110 amps but with 4800 Watts again at WOT. They were the same batteries just with two cells added. Adding cells does not guarantee an amp drop. It only works that way if you regulate your power via the throttle stick to the exact watts that the 5S would put out vs the 6S. And frankly that's not easy to do. I prefer having the cell count I want so I can go WOT at any time. If I was running a 6S system and I went WOT (Wide Open Throttle) then I would pull 160amps instead of 120 with a 5S setup at WOT.

Plus having higher cells can guarantee a weight increase which is sometimes counterproductive vs the power increase. Sure on 6S I would have so much power I could hit the moon but I would also be out of juice in just a few minutes. Trust me with 5S 65C packs and dual 70mm fans, I will be well above 1 to 1 ratio and won't have to land in a minute.

I will post my thrust data once I get setup including amp draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman8571 View Post
Any idea what your thrust is??

you say 60 amps on 5S your amp draw should go down not up if you add more voltage

P (power) = amp draw x voltage

P will not increase much but the amp draw should go down if you add a 6S, i can not see how it would increase, the weight is the same of all parts so the power to move the plane is the same so why would the amp draw increase, only if your motor can not handle the power, if i where you i would check into that more, the FAN you have is top the motor is probably rated for 5S as the efficient factor and don't have enough to take the 6S power that's why the AMP goes up, if you use a specific ARC 6S when you might even have less then 60A for the same or more tourque.

And 60 A x 18.5 volt = 1100 Watt that is ok

The WM400 MKS II was on 6S 110A that's over 2000Watt and the power on that is scary.

You can not produce insane torque if you don't have the power to start with, thats like saying my car can do 150mph but it takes 1 min to reach but my neighbor has a Ferrari with twice the power he can reach that in 20 sec, i hope that gives you an idea of what i am saying.

Cheers

Per
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Last edited by Pepperpete; Oct 28, 2010 at 08:41 PM.