HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2010, 09:08 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
Only a quick job if you can get to the ESC!
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2010, 09:42 AM
Houston. .we have a problem.
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
984 Posts
Thanks, but it's definitely the ESC programming. I have a programming card but it's not compatible unfortunately. Doesn't light up when connected.

I've been playing around with beeps and throttle positions for the past hour. Got it working, but not sure if the LVC is set correctly.

I never fly to LVC, but I like it there for insurance!

So if anyone has the ESC programming instructions, please feel free to share. . .
FOX ONE! is offline Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:42 AM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,768 Posts
*Quick Review of www.edfhobbies.com* (Yes this has to do with the Mig which is why this is here).

First I want to say that I've found Banana Hobby's service to have improved. I was able to contact them and it was not the teeth pulling hassle it's been in the past. I was inquiring about one of the Mig-29's like everyone else. In fact I had it in the cart ready to buy when I ran into two things...

1) First was the fact that at the time I was about to purchase, it said "in Stock" when it wasn't. That is a BIG no no. You have just wasted my time.

2) Banana Hobby wanted to charge me $150 to SHIP the plane to my location in Canada. Yes that's right...$150. I'm not kidding you. There were no other shipping choices.

As I said, this isn't a BH bashing event. It's straight out facts. I decided to see if I could source the plane from someone else as the shipping rate was the killer. My search failed as I could not find anyone who spoke English to send to me. I then saw a link for the Mig-29 in an E-bay add and noticed it was for Zach_Dad's company. Now I'll be blunt, I've heard nasty stories, bashing, and all kinds of crap regarding him. Just for fun I contacted him (I did not want the setup being sold on Ebay) to see what he would charge me to ship a Mig to my location. He came back with $24 bucks. That is shipped from the USA to Canada. That is a FAR CRY from the $150 that BH was trying to get from me. I took the chance with www.edfhobbies.com and what did I get?

An undamaged, perfect condition (just went through the box) Mig-29 LX. And I didn't have to spend $150 on shipping. I don't know how EDF Hobbies is getting the LX models nor do I care. I'm happy with the communications and service I received and it was nice to have a choice on where I purchased the plane. It arrived via USPS Priority shipping in a reasonable time frame and I did not have to pay additional duty charges.

Long story short, I got what I paid for. The price was decent. The shipping price was excellent and the communications are decent. Your mileage may vary with this company but I'm off to build up this very nice aircraft.
Pepperpete is online now Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Last edited by Pepperpete; Oct 22, 2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:04 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2007
335 Posts
+1 on www.edfhobbies.com. Well, I purchased my Midi 90mm fan and CC 100ICE from him for a decent price on ebay. It was free shipping, and the stuff arrived in 3 days brand new in box (I live in California). I was sending email to him since then asking for tips and recommendations, and he replies really fast, plus he really knows the stuff well. Will definitely buy from him again.
Honestly, I told him I'll say good things about him on RCG despite all the ugly basing I read before, and here I go.
nerv is offline Find More Posts by nerv
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:17 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
*Quick Review of www.edfhobbies.com* (Yes this has to do with the Mig which is why this is here).

First I want to say that I've found Banana Hobby's service to have improved. I was able to contact them and it was not the teeth pulling hassle it's been in the past. I was inquiring about one of the Mig-29's like everyone else. In fact I had it in the cart ready to buy when I ran into two things...

1) First was the fact that at the time I was about to purchase, it said "in Stock" when it wasn't. That is a BIG no no. You have just wasted my time.

2) Banana Hobby wanted to charge me $150 to SHIP the plane to my location in Canada. Yes that's right...$150. I'm not kidding you. There were no other shipping choices.

As I said, this isn't a BH bashing event. It's straight out facts. I decided to see if I could source the plane from someone else as the shipping rate was the killer. My search failed as I could not find anyone who spoke English to send to me. I then saw a link for the Mig-29 in an E-bay add and noticed it was for Zach_Dad's company. Now I'll be blunt, I've heard nasty stories, bashing, and all kinds of crap regarding him. Just for fun I contacted him (I did not want the setup being sold on Ebay) to see what he would charge me to ship a Mig to my location. He came back with $24 bucks. That is shipped from the USA to Canada. That is a FAR CRY from the $150 that BH was trying to get from me. I took the chance with www.edfhobbies.com and what did I get?

An undamaged, perfect condition (just went through the box) Mig-29 LX. And I didn't have to spend $150 on shipping. I don't know how EDF Hobbies is getting the LX models nor do I care. I'm happy with the communications and service I received and it was nice to have a choice on where I purchased the plane. It arrived via USPS Priority shipping in a reasonable time frame and I did not have to pay additional duty charges.

Long story short, I got what I paid for. The price was decent. The shipping price was excellent and the communications are decent. Your mileage may vary with this company but I'm off to build up this very nice aircraft.
I"m sure there is a problem with BH shipping.. I always get refund when I purchase from them.. page always charges more than the actual shipping ticket.. fortunately I get my money back every time but you will be fully charged the first time you purchase and wait for 1-2 days for shipping ticket to be issued so that you can be refunded..
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:40 PM
Suspended Account
TEXAS
Joined Sep 2005
1,006 Posts
Thanks for kind words guys, taking a chance, and supporting my bus. I only wish I would of approached my selling strategy differently from the beginning, gonna be a long road to recovery... I was only here to help...

I can't get the email on the site to forward to my personal email account yet, so feel free to contact me here or it will take a while to answer emails. But that phone is all ways on..
zach_dad is offline Find More Posts by zach_dad
Old Oct 22, 2010, 02:07 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Not a long road Jack , just do instead of say and be completely transparent regarding stock/ordering and take the comments on the chin and the orders will flow in. All you can do is offer a better service and cheaper costs than what is out there and your on a winner , hell , even the same prices but better CS and you'll still get the orders.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:15 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,149 Posts
Hi there,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_dad View Post
Thanks for pointing that out... edited... Please look over the rest and tell me if I posted any other wrong info.
Thanks (!) for the quick fix. I think the description is almost realistic now. Some nitpicks:
  • "yet the wing loading is still very low" -> hard to say, i thought it is rather (for a foamie) on the high side. Maybe "relatively low", but not "very low".
  • "Stable inverted flight" -> possible, I don't know, can't tell, didn't dare it yet
  • "Slow Speed Flying Capable" -> not really, maybe with programmed flaps, but for that, the wiring needs to be ripped out

But much better. The other thing to keep in mind is that Lanxiang like to give unrealistic "flying weights" on their websites. E.g. for the MiG-29, they quote 2000gs on Ali Baba, but print 2.400gs on the package, which is achievable if you leave the rockets, smoke bombs etc off. For the Su-47, I can't give you the realistic weight, because I built it differently from the stock system, but I guess the 2000gs given by Lanxiang are wrong.

In any case, good luck and I think the price you quote is very competitive, very low.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:22 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,320 Posts
In Stock at Toysonics.com

Just wanted to share that Toysonics.com has the Mig-29 and F-22 Twin 70mm Kits in stock.

I've noticed they only show stock of what they have, so if you can complete the transaction, it should ship. I've had good experiences with them in the past with my J-Power T-45 and Sapac JAS-39, fast shipping and arrived without any problems. I'm not sure what they charge for overseas shipping but a great place for those in the states.

-swps
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:52 PM
Account Closed
McAllen, TX
Joined Jul 2006
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post

I had the same situation with the BH 90mm F4. Ordered this on a Wednesday evening, after waiting 5 days till Monday - BH doesn't count weekends as "days" but I do - I was told it would ship that day, or the following day at the latest. Two hours later I got an email telling me it was out of stock.

Apparently the BH orders dep't. does not have access to inventory records. And the shipping dep't. does not inform the orders dep't. about inventory status until they actually run out. Since their website accepts orders 24/7 - including weekends - that means any time a product goes out of stock they have 3 to 5 days worth of orders "stuck" in the pipeline.

I will say this about BH, they canceled my order with no argument, and the refund was prompt. It showed up in my account the following day.

I ordered the F4 from Zach_Dad last week (Thurs), and got it Tuesday. Same airframe and retracts under the Starmax name, with a really nice power set for an excellent price. I just ordered one of the Migs on his ebay store yesterday, and it's already on it's way to me.

I don't know what problems others have had with Zach_Dad in the past, and don't really care. From my perspective he sells quality products, that people want, for fair prices, and gives superior customer service.

PJ
PJohnson is offline Find More Posts by PJohnson
Old Oct 23, 2010, 02:51 AM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
I did order some stuff from Zachs_dad and the price was right, quick shipping and low s/h, his e-mail responce was really quick and when i had an urgent question i call and got a live person on the line ( 10pm) so i am really happy with that service to.

Cheers

Per
backman8571 is offline Find More Posts by backman8571
Old Oct 23, 2010, 04:02 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
984 Posts
LX 50A ESC Programming

If anyone's interested,

There are 6 beeps, indicating six options, but I'm not exactly sure which option is which. Add to that the fact that there seems to be about 10 or so different ESC program instructions with different options assigned to each of those six beeps. . . . it's a lottery. And I haven't won one of those yet!

I wish there was an international standard of ESC programing. Everyone would know then that option 1 is brake, option 2 battery type, etc. etc.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 07:57 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelwilcock123 View Post
well ile make u a deal .. u carve it up ..and i will to....
I've sent you a PM. Hopefully it will solve your rudder/nosewheel problem.

Somebody at the factory is colour blind.

Unplug your nosewheel steering servo (plug can be found under the turtle-deck, at the back of the cockpit). Now try your rudders. If they dont work, unplug and turn your "direction" lead around 180 degrees, so that black goes to white when it's plugged into your receiver. My rudders worked after this step.

Now plug your nosewheel steering servo in again. If it all stops working, unplug the nosewheel steering servo and turn that plug around 180 degrees, too, so black goes to white.

I had to do both steps before everything worked.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:02 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Hey Zach Dad I had asked you a page back if you are able to get me a nose cone for this Mig. Well can you?
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:07 AM
Suspended Account
TEXAS
Joined Sep 2005
1,006 Posts
Not sure never asked for any. I will see tomorrow night if they are.
zach_dad is offline Find More Posts by zach_dad