HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Yep! It was DEFINITELY a clevise failure. Haven't had any problem doing 6 foot take offs since the change. HUH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
Hey did you change all those CLEVISES.....?

And have you had any problems since....even doing STO (Short Take Offs) just exactly like in your crash video? Huh then that was the failure just as we discovered.

Looks awesome and flies great. Time for me to start a Buildin.
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:51 PM
USA, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Apr 2008
1,008 Posts
After waiting about 6 weeks for my Mig-29 (airframe only)...finally contacted BH...they said atleast six more weeks (again). Even more frustrating because when I ordered it, the website said it was in stock.

Pete: I left you a PM about this; it is not the delay so much as the lack of accuracy for these ship dates. If we were told it would be 12 weeks, then we can make better decisions. If you don't know when it will ship...just say you don't know...don't make up something just to placate us or worse to entice people to buy something that will take forever to ship. It is not your fault it takes so long to get the planes to you...but you have to take responsibility for not communicating accurately with customers.

And no matter what...you should not be charging for products that haven't been shipped.

I don't want to be a jerk here...but come on. This is my first experience with ordering from you guys, and you are not giving me a reason to keep this order...let alone place another in the future.
sbritton is offline Find More Posts by sbritton
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
Joined Oct 2010
7 Posts
because i may be having to cut into this one i have hear i myself have been onto live chat and asked if i should pay now to secure one or do they know when there arriving , they have no idea just say late october , i mean if they said when they are coming in i could make the desision topay for the item right now ...if i wait for the rtf ..it comes in and sells out straight away ile just faint. ide love one thats ready to go straight out of the box more or less
rachelwilcock123 is offline Find More Posts by rachelwilcock123
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:28 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,099 Posts
Shipping delays

Hello there,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbritton View Post
After waiting about 6 weeks for my Mig-29 (airframe only)...finally contacted BH...they said atleast six more weeks (again).
Tell that to Ready2Fly of Switzerland... they had the MiG-29 for preorder on their website in May, with estimated ship date June. I have an order confirmation from May... but they didn't ship it YET, and we have October, not June! They wrote on their website today that they have got the red version in stock (all the grey versions they had in their shipment are already preordered).

Quote:
Even more frustrating because when I ordered it, the website said it was in stock.
Two Options to chose from:
1) Bad order & inventory & website management -> which is bad
2) A scam to make you order -> which is very very bad

Quote:
If you don't know when it will ship...just say you don't know...don't make up something just to placate us or worse to entice people to buy something that will take forever to ship. It is not your fault it takes so long to get the planes to you...but you have to take responsibility for not communicating accurately with customers.
Correct. But to the defense of Ready2Fly (they are a "good" shop in my humble opinion) and, for that matter, BH, I'd like to point out that in this case the culprit is probably Lanxiang, the manufacturer. They had "MiG-29 coming soon" on their trade websites very early this year. They probably gave "overoptimistic" (in other words: FALSE) shipping dates to their distributors BH and R2F.

Quote:
And no matter what...you should not be charging for products that haven't been shipped.
Very correct.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:55 PM
USA, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Apr 2008
1,008 Posts
The plot thickens...if this has been an issue since May with other people, then it isn't LX's fault. The problem lies with BH since they know they get bad estimated from their suppliers. Personally knowing there is a waitlist already I don't see the point even putting a date out there for new orders since you can't fill them. Wait until they are in stock and sounds like they will be out the door in a matter of days.

What I would like to know is how far down the list I really am. I get the feeling this will go on forever.

Trust is a funny thing...easy to maintain, very very difficult to regain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Hello there,

Tell that to Ready2Fly of Switzerland... they had the MiG-29 for preorder on their website in May, with estimated ship date June. I have an order confirmation from May... but they didn't ship it YET, and we have October, not June! They wrote on their website today that they have got the red version in stock (all the grey versions they had in their shipment are already preordered).

Two Options to chose from:
1) Bad order & inventory & website management -> which is bad
2) A scam to make you order -> which is very very bad

Correct. But to the defense of Ready2Fly (they are a "good" shop in my humble opinion) and, for that matter, BH, I'd like to point out that in this case the culprit is probably Lanxiang, the manufacturer. They had "MiG-29 coming soon" on their trade websites very early this year. They probably gave "overoptimistic" (in other words: FALSE) shipping dates to their distributors BH and R2F.

Very correct.

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:03 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,554 Posts
Have to agree with you guys...bad communication combined with charging for products before they ship is shady if you ask me. You don't see other shops doing that.
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:54 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
thought I'de share some info I recieved today from BH and my order. looks like the 12 CH TX's & RX's are back ordered (2-3 Weeks) but the planes are here. Mine is shipping today. so if you've ordered them without the TX & RX they should be shipping starting today...? at least that's some good news.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Oct 20, 2010, 04:05 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,099 Posts
Quote:
The plot thickens...if this has been an issue since May with other people, then it isn't LX's fault. The problem lies with BH since they know they get bad estimated from their suppliers.
It has been an issue since June, not May, because June was the first estimate shipping date given by ready2fly.ch from Switzerland. BH had nothing to do with this. BH announced availability much later and also have been shipping their first batch already. So I don't see how "the plot thickens" against BH based on the information I gave.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Oct 20, 2010, 04:40 AM
maghull , merseyside
Joined Aug 2010
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
It has been an issue since June, not May, because June was the first estimate shipping date given by ready2fly.ch from Switzerland. BH had nothing to do with this. BH announced availability much later and also have been shipping their first batch already. So I don't see how "the plot thickens" against BH based on the information I gave.

Cheers,
Henrik
There are two ways of getting these planes to the dealer. By sea, quite cheap, or by air, which doubles the trade price of the aircraft. The problem is that sea travel is extremely slow, not including the time waiting for a suitable carrier vessel, off loading, customs etc. We all want to get are purchases at bargin prices and in order to satisfy our needs, dealers will import in quantity
by sea. It can take anything up to 60 days to arrive here in the UK by sea from China, not including port time. Not sure about US. However, if you want one a bit quicker then use a dealer that will import by EMS (air ), but be warned, it will cost you a good bit more. I agree Henrik, I dont see any plot by BH. So guys, (and gals) how about giving BH and some other dealers a bit of slack, I am quite sure they are just as eager, to get these planes delivered.

PS. Henrik, I know Stuart has another red airframe if you want to replace your battered one with something a bit more colourful.
BRIARCROFT is offline Find More Posts by BRIARCROFT
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:50 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,592 Posts
Quote:
After waiting about 6 weeks for my Mig-29 (airframe only)...finally contacted BH...they said atleast six more weeks (again). Even more frustrating because when I ordered it, the website said it was in stock.

Pete: I left you a PM about this; it is not the delay so much as the lack of accuracy for these ship dates. If we were told it would be 12 weeks, then we can make better decisions. If you don't know when it will ship...just say you don't know...don't make up something just to placate us or worse to entice people to buy something that will take forever to ship. It is not your fault it takes so long to get the planes to you...but you have to take responsibility for not communicating accurately with customers.

I don't want to be a jerk here...but come on. This is my first experience with ordering from you guys, and you are not giving me a reason to keep this order...let alone place another in the future.

Man that is a DRAG.........BH needs to do better here.
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:06 AM
USA, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Apr 2008
1,008 Posts
This is great information, but my issue with BH is the estimates keep getting pushed out with no end in sight, yet they still charge me upfront. When I ordered it said it was in stock...then it gets moved out six weeks...then six weeks more. Sure, being shipped by boat is slow and not entirely predicable...but 12 weeks off? Buying things on-line is about trust...I feel like my trust was not taken care of like it should have been.

Yes, BH wants to get them shipped as badly as everyone else and it feels like the delivery dates on their website are kept short enough to get people to order now rather than wait.

Personally if BH wouldn't charge me until it shipped...this would be a whole lot less of an issue. It would be a non-issue if they would have just said 12 weeks when I ordered.

It is what it is...a lesson for me to not order stuff without checking by phone that something is in stock and ready to ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIARCROFT View Post
There are two ways of getting these planes to the dealer. By sea, quite cheap, or by air, which doubles the trade price of the aircraft. The problem is that sea travel is extremely slow, not including the time waiting for a suitable carrier vessel, off loading, customs etc. We all want to get are purchases at bargin prices and in order to satisfy our needs, dealers will import in quantity
by sea. It can take anything up to 60 days to arrive here in the UK by sea from China, not including port time. Not sure about US. However, if you want one a bit quicker then use a dealer that will import by EMS (air ), but be warned, it will cost you a good bit more. I agree Henrik, I dont see any plot by BH. So guys, (and gals) how about giving BH and some other dealers a bit of slack, I am quite sure they are just as eager, to get these planes delivered.

PS. Henrik, I know Stuart has another red airframe if you want to replace your battered one with something a bit more colourful.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 04:56 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,966 Posts
Quote:
It is what it is...a lesson for me to not order stuff without checking by phone that something is in stock and ready to ship.
You could also tell BH to cancel the order and issue a credit, then wait until the item is back in stock. Of course, this might not guarantee you a plane anytime soon, because there could be a back-order queue waiting for fulfillment ...
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Oct 20, 2010, 04:57 PM
Too many numbers
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Oct 2010
1,783 Posts
Just ordered mine from BH today. It shipped today. Can't wait. 7 days... (UPS ground)

They told me if you order PNP, they have them in stock today. Any other version, you have to wait until the last container clears. That's what the CSR said anyway.
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:57 PM
Suspended Account
TEXAS
Joined Sep 2005
1,006 Posts
Why aren't you ordering from me at www.edfhobbies.com paypal and c.c. cart will be turned on this week end after I list the air frames only, everything is in stock. If all goes well I will be able to become a rcgroups vendor sponsor very soon and play by the rules. Happy flying.
zach_dad is offline Find More Posts by zach_dad
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:23 AM
Europe, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
97 Posts
Finally I got mine...

Halfway through the build...

I noted the different construction for the brake-chute...
I thought in the beginning that the mechanism on the Su-47 is flimsy, but that's holding by form, not by friction and I came to trust it.
But this appears to be even more flimsy, holding only by friction of two tiny plastic pins within two plastic tubes...?

Any experience with the cover?

Does it really hold reliably up?

Or did everyone glue it on...?

Cheers from switzerland,

Dany
Danyboy is offline Find More Posts by Danyboy