HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2010, 04:53 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Sep 2006
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelwilcock123 View Post
why thank you leon alas my trouble lies in actualy programming the throttle to the esc's ie up down on throttle a few times it will beep and u now have throttle response . I think its the speed controler
Well then put the throttle stick to full throttle before you turn on your radio. Then plug in your lipo pack to your plane, now turn on your radio then move the throttle stick to throttle cut off and turn off your radio. When you turn it back on you should have throttle......
Leon
troadus is offline Find More Posts by troadus
Last edited by troadus; Oct 17, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:18 AM
Joined Oct 2010
7 Posts
the biggest problem i have now..and thank you troadus that worked fine for my transmitter and it now works, my biggest problem is my rudders and my nose wheel wont work no activation from either..is there a particular way to conect them ..as plugging into the ''rudder' part on reciever doesnt work
rachelwilcock123 is offline Find More Posts by rachelwilcock123
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:30 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
After the repair!

LX Models Mig 29 Twin 70MM EDF Jet (3 min 31 sec)
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee
Old Oct 18, 2010, 08:58 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrazee View Post
After the repair!
Bravo!!
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:36 AM
Joined Oct 2010
7 Posts
gorgeouse rccrazy great job on the repair. Could i pick someones brain a little. On your jets the rudder..and front steerable nose wheel. on mine i plug the servo marked (direction) into the rudder port in reciever and nothing.. on your jets is the direction lead plugged into a servo cable splitter and maybe links with another somehow as im baffled why the link is dead. is front strut steering linked with the rudder? ide expect so ...
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:55 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,667 Posts
RCCRAZEE did some serious rebuild action.....that plane flies great....even with the CIRCUS IS COMING TO TOWN lighting system.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:08 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,667 Posts
Hey did you change all those CLEVISES.....?

And have you had any problems since....even doing STO (Short Take Offs) just exactly like in your crash video? Huh then that was the failure just as we discovered.

Looks awesome and flies great. Time for me to start a Buildin.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:05 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Sep 2006
166 Posts
Quote:
the biggest problem i have now..and thank you troadus that worked fine for my transmitter and it now works, my biggest problem is my rudders and my nose wheel wont work no activation from either..is there a particular way to conect them ..as plugging into the ''rudder' part on reciever doesnt work

Unplug your servos at the Y-connector and check them both if they work then it's your Y-connector or the extension on the Y-connector that goes to your receiver....

Leon
Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:08 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Sep 2006
166 Posts
[QUOTE=rccrazee;16317947]After the repair!

Nice flying and a beautiful Autumn day for it......

Leon
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
7 Posts
oh no's it may be back in the plane then ..and ive sealed it all up to i dont fancy carving it up but it may be the only solution then ;(
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:07 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Sep 2006
166 Posts
Quote:
oh no's it may be back in the plane then ..and ive sealed it all up to i dont fancy carving it up but it may be the only solution then ;(

WOW I wish you luck, please let me know what you find.

Leon
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:52 AM
Houston. .we have a problem.
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
983 Posts
Help needed !!

Hi guys,

Help needed please!

I have a receiver ready version, the nosewheel retracts/extends as it should, but the main gear just make a buzzing noise and dont move.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem? Possibly the mains wired incorrectly through the retract/smoke control box? - maybe they got the positive and negative reversed by putting the plugs in the wrong way around (is this possible, or are the plugs only able to be connected one way, like futaba servo lead plugs?)

Anyone know where that box sits inside the model? I dont really fancy carving it up. But then it will cost me a fortune to send it back. Looks like I'm FUBAR

Any help would be appreciated!
FOX ONE! is offline Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:38 AM
Joined Oct 2010
7 Posts
well ile make u a deal .. u carve it up ..and i will to....
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:07 AM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrazee View Post
Congrats! Can't wait to see you tumble with it and give a flight report.

Do the flaps and slats help the slow speed handling?
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:11 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abagnalejr123 View Post
I have a receiver ready version, the nosewheel retracts/extends as it should, but the main gear just make a buzzing noise and dont move.
Can you open the gear door by hand WHILE the noise is on and then peek in? Do the motors turn the little threaded metal rod? What if you put a screw driver between the gear door and the fuselage and try to lift the gear at the wheel a bit WHILE the noise is on? Can you lift the gear?

If you can open it at least partially, look for gear obstructions and also OIL the threaded rod. If it is bent, you can bend it back straight again (I did this after my MiG-29 crash).

Quote:
Possibly the mains wired incorrectly through the retract/smoke control box?
Quote:
maybe they got the positive and negative reversed by putting the plugs in the wrong way around (is this possible, or are the plugs only able to be connected one way, like futaba servo lead plugs?)
I think that reversing would be no problem (with respect to the gear not moving). Only gear-in and gear-out would be reversed.

Quote:
Anyone know where that box sits inside the model? I dont really fancy carving it up.
You should be able to get the box free and look at it. The cable lengths are so that it sits essentially next to the canopy on one of the side cavities in the fuselage (next to the front wheel). If you carefully sort the servo wires and pull the wire for the gears, you should be able to pull out the control unit for the gears.

It will probably not help you to have it, because, it the motors turn, they turn. I don't know whether there is a sensitivity adjustment in the control unit under the heat shrink tube.

Quote:
Looks like I'm FUBAR
Not fubared yet. Don't give up so early.

Cheers and good luck,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges