HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Minibichus, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 02:02 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Build Log
The MB-6E will see the light after all.

== UPDATE Aug-23-2010

The wait is over. The MB-6E took back to the skies on the night of August 22. It still needs some work and probably new blades (as these scale blades for 450 are not that great in the flying department) but it flies. Batteries are officially done too, with over 8.0 mOhms internal resistance after 10 months without being used they barely keep the charge above half capacity now. So it is time to buy new batteries as well. The 6E model for now is a stripped down version of the mighty 6D, no lights, no accessories and lightened. It retains the Spartan/SK-360 configuration but it goes back to the HS-65MG servos used in the early 6A model after 1 year and a 3 model run using the crappy DS410M Align Digitals ... what a joke of a servo.

I am planning for a full return of the MB-6E to the flight time race within the next few weeks, because after finishing the MB-8 (and almost killing my wallet on the process) the budget for helis is now as close to zero as its ever been.

== UPDATE May-26-2010

Looks like the MB-6E will become operational again. Estimated time now will be around the first week of June.

===

After a few months of mostly flying the MB-7/UAV, I decided it was time to say farewell to my 450 class scale adventure. It was a hard decision for me to make but I've chosen to decomission the MB-6E to redirect funds and certain components to future projects. The MB-6E was going to be a striped down version of the 6D, lightened and equipped with a new (and more powerful) powerplant to do exclusively scale aerobatics. Ironically, estimated flight time was going to be in excess of 20 minutes. Unfortunately, the MB-6E assembly was never completed after the MB-6D had a minor incident and was disassembled and shelved for repairs last month so this, regretfully, was almost perfect timing, given the fact that we're ramping on the xMB-X. The MB-6E airframe and fuselage will be proudly displayed in all its glory as a static model on my gallery. The MB-6 will always be regarded as the one that started it all.

Therefore, the MB-7/UAV now becomes the mainstay of my scale flying. Its next apperance will be at the TORCHS local funfly May 1st, 2010.

Ironically, after almost 2 years flying (and crashing), the MB-3 is still fully operational, although it barely gets any flying time these days, it is still a really fun little thing to fly!

G.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus
Last edited by Minibichus; Aug 23, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts