|Apr 06, 2010, 03:20 PM|
Joined Jul 2003
Trader Rating: 0
RTF Quique Somenzini 73” Yak-54S w/EVO 26cc Gas Engine (Never Flown)
Complete RTF QQ 73” Yak-54S
Just add your Receiver and Rx battery...and go!
Over $1800 of components all new & never used!!
I'm asking $1,150 for it.
Wingspan: 73.00 inches
Wing Area: 1048.00 sq. inches
Wing Loading: 24.3 - 27.7 oz./sq.in.
Weight: 11.75 Lbs. (Manufacturer's Spec.)
Airfoil: Fully Symmetrical
Complete Package Includes:
- Quique Somenzini 73” Yak-54S
- Evolution 26cc Gas Engine
- Evolution Pitts style Muffler
- (4) Futaba S9206 Servos (for Ailerons & Elevators)
- (1) Hitec HS5955TG Servo (for Rudder)
- (1) Futaba S3151 Servo (for Throttle)
- Dubro Heavy Duty Servo Arms (for Ailerons & Elevators)
- Batteries America 7.2V 700mAh NiCad Battery (for Ignition)
- Tru-Turn 3” Aluminum Spinner & Adapter Nut
- APC 18 x 6W Propeller
- Great Planes Scale Tailwheel Assembly
- (2) MPI Charge Switches (one for receiver & one for ignition)
- Madison ¼-Turn Miracle Fueler Assembly
- Dubro Large Fuel Filter
- Tygon Fuel Line
- Assembly Manual
I assembled this airplane for the president of my R/C club (the Romeo Skyhawks in Michigan) two years ago, and just recently got it back from him as part of trade for another airplane. In the two years that he owned it, it only left his house to be displayed at a couple club events each year. He never brought it to the flying field, and never even put gas in the fuel tank.
This airplane was meticulously assembled for over ½ a year, to make sure that everything was just right. The aileron and elevator hinge lines are sealed with clear Ultracote. All fuel line connections are zip-tied to insure that they don’t come off. All servo extensions are secured with multiple windings of thread to insure that they don’t come apart. I sealed the exposed root ribs on the wings with thinned epoxy, to protect from fuel damage. I designed a throttle arm (which I’ve sold on RCU separately), and a choke assembly, for the Evolution engine (as the stock engine doesn’t come with either of these items). The airplane is balanced, and setup, according to the information provided in the manual.
Because of the size, and weight, of this model I have it listed as “Local Pickup Only”. But if somebody is willing to pay actual shipping & handling charges (including all materials used to crate it up) I’d be willing to ship it. However, based on prior experience with shipping items of this size, you'd probably be looking at $200-$300 to ship it.
If you have any questions, or would like photos of anything, please let me know and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible. If you’re in the neighborhood, please don’t hesitate to drop by, and have a look. I’m unemployed right now, and home most of the time. So any time you’d like to see it is fine with me…just call first to make arrangements.
* I'll be going to the Toledo Show in Ohio this coming Saturday (4-10-10). So if anybody is interested in this airplane, and would like to see it in person. Let me know, and I'll bring it along with me. Please, only ask if you are a serious buyer though. Because I won't be taking my vehicle on the trip, and I don't want to inconvience the people I'll be driving with unless you are really interested.
P.S. – If you'd like to know more about me I can be found on RC Universe under the name "3D Romeo". I have a perfect seller rating with over 80 very positive reviews.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale QuiQue 102" Yak Gen IV w/ DA-100||r6-iowan||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||4||Nov 15, 2010 04:27 PM|
|For Sale RTF Quique Somenzini 73” Yak-54S w/EVO 26cc Gas Engine (Never Flown)||3D Romeo||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||1||Dec 22, 2009 10:30 PM|
|Sold Quique yak 73" with super tiger 2300 rtf||johnsheri||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||3||Dec 13, 2009 11:16 AM|
|Discussion any thoughts on a Quique Somenzini Yak 54||joey1117||3D Flying||12||Nov 22, 2009 07:55 PM|
|Sold Quique Somenzini 73" Yak 54 Electric with Hacker motor and ESC RTF||Steve H.||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||1||Sep 05, 2008 02:01 PM|