HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2011, 08:29 PM
Joined Nov 2008
605 Posts
cool, you got yourself a sort-of naca duct.
nyc863 is offline Find More Posts by nyc863
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2011, 08:40 PM
"I want more air time!"
Joined May 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
For those interested, a plastic spoon cut in half makes for great cooling intakes. I attached them with hot glue. The top scoop cools the esc and the bottom cools the RVOSD5. Before the OSD would hit 112-degrees. After cutting the scoop, it stays around 89 degrees.
Good Idea, I like.. I like
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Float Fly 8 21 14
Old Aug 07, 2011, 08:45 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,165 Posts
So...... where can we get that SW ?

BevRc and LowpriceRC ?

Bevrc is out of stock, any other place worth buying from ?
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:03 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
Did you embed the tx in the wing or just tape it to the outside? Check out this info from Crist http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1309106

Wonder if drag caused the issue?

i embed the tx into the wing and used 800mw
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:35 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
781 Posts
let me tell again what i did.
Christ rigotti put his tx Below wing. I put it in the same position but above. embedded into the wing with Cloverleaf antenna.
so i make a demo flight just like that. The plane bang to the right when i throw it into the air. but i manage to land it.
After that i put some weight 60gr to the other wing to balance the wing i put it below left wing.
so i make a demo flight and this time it was realy hard to turn right or left , it was stack to go straight, i was lucky again and manage to land it
this happen maybe because i put the weight below the left wing and not above ,like i did in tx wing? i dont know.
i better move that tx to safe in front position , but it is realy cool to keep it into the wing.
Last edited by Nettraptor; Aug 08, 2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:59 AM
Joined Apr 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthOrbiter View Post
Let me guess.
High pressure system near Redding California?
Possibly around the central valley.
Nice flying.
Actually this is in the Bay area, more precisely, RC flying field in Ranch San Antonio, close to Cupertino, CA.

Glad you like it.

TZ
alan.tz.tan is offline Find More Posts by alan.tz.tan
Old Aug 08, 2011, 06:14 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc9n View Post
let me tell again what i did.
Christ rigotti put his tx Below wing. I put it in the same position but above. embedded into the wing with Cloverleaf antenna.
so i make a demo flight just like that. The plane bang to the right when i throw it into the air. but i manage to land it.
After that i put some weight 60gr to the other wing to balance the wing i put it below left wing.
so i make a demo flight and this time it was realy hard to turn right or left , it was stack to go straight, i was lucky again and manage to land it
this happen maybe because i put the weight below the left wing and not above ,like i did in tx wing? i dont know.
i better move that tx to safe in front position , but it is realy cool to keep it into the wing.
OK reading this makes me thing the following.
1) Are you on 1.2GHz VTX if so, the cloverleaf antenna at the wing tip would be a massive drag. I use my VTX following the same way as Crist Rigotti but I use an inverted Vee at the wing tip, so minimum drag here.

2) My SW also had problems being lazy on the turns, I cured it by sealing the gap between aileron and wing with tape, by introducing differential aileron (moves more UP than down) and by mixing rudder with ailerons.

Mine turns on a sixpence
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:00 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
781 Posts
i'll put in the standard place behind the motor. and i will fill the gap i made to wing with some lightweight putty
Back to the basics!!
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:17 AM
Somewhere lost in Texas
United States, TX, Flower Mound
Joined Jan 2011
299 Posts
Quote:
So...... where can we get that SW ?
$89 at readymaderc.com... and in appears to be in stock..

-Paul
Patchitagain is offline Find More Posts by Patchitagain
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:19 AM
Somewhere lost in Texas
United States, TX, Flower Mound
Joined Jan 2011
299 Posts
My bad, out of stock ..
Patchitagain is offline Find More Posts by Patchitagain
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:28 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
781 Posts
i saw somewhere that HK will have it soon
Old Aug 08, 2011, 11:03 AM
Espainia, PV, Berriz
Joined Jul 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_1958 View Post
This morning started off really well the sun was shinning with very little wind so it looked to be a great day to fly. Unfortunately I made a couple of mistakes. First mistake forgot to charge the batteries in my goggles so a minute into the flight the warning light comes on telling me to land. 2nd mistake instead of landing I talk my buddy into taking the controls instead of landing. 3rd mistake not making sure he had control of the plane. Last mistake forgetting we were flying with another plane that looks like mine. My buddy was trying to fly the plane but of course he was looking at the wrong one and mine ended up crashing hard. Not his fault totally mine. Looks like I'll have to buy a new one when they come back in stock.

http://www.vimeo.com/27412451
autx !! i'm sorry ...
great vid anyway!
high video quality and very stable !
how is your setup ?
in_out is offline Find More Posts by in_out
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:18 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
For those interested, a plastic spoon cut in half makes for great cooling intakes. I attached them with hot glue. The top scoop cools the esc and the bottom cools the RVOSD5. Before the OSD would hit 112-degrees. After cutting the scoop, it stays around 89 degrees.
Looks great! I've got a pair of spoons waiting to be placed into my build as well. Love the freebie build parts.
CaliDave is offline Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:24 PM
Joined Jun 2008
183 Posts
bevrc is out of skywalkers, who else has them in-stock?!
beaverlover is offline Find More Posts by beaverlover
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:37 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,301 Posts
Just a heads up to all you wing-mount tx guys... placing weight on a long moment arm like that will make roll rate sluggish. Maybe this is good? I guess it would make it more stable, anyway.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq