HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2011, 06:45 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
Ok pilots,

So after waiting 3+ Months for Hobbyking to send me the HS65MG servos, I still haven't received them. Those clowns are telling me that it can take up to 90 more days (3 months), which I am simply not gonna wait for. Instead of HS65MG, which other servos can I use for the SW FPV platform?? And where can I get them?

Thanks
If you're in the states, buy your servos from domestically unless you're tacking some 9gs onto a Hobby King order IMO.

You can get them in the states @:

Tower Hobbies
Servocity
ReadyMadeRC

to name a few. Outside of US... not sure.

@ pdiddyg40 - Thanks for the note on the V3. Good to know they overlap with the other spars... it didn't seem that great of a design is they didn't overlap, but seems it was all in my head.
CaliDave is online now Find More Posts by CaliDave
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2011, 08:18 PM
Joined Nov 2008
605 Posts
maidened mine this morning with a 4000mah 4s
all went well but was having trouble trimming it. landed (needed a lot of space I might put flaps on) and found those $&@@%#} control rod fastners had in fact slipped (two of the four) I bet more than one SW had died at their hands now going to put on proper clevis things I should have done that to begin with. grrr.
nyc863 is offline Find More Posts by nyc863
Old Aug 01, 2011, 10:10 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,810 Posts
I have those aweful control rod fasteners on 3 out of 4 essential surfaces. They are destined to be changed before next the flight. I have logged about 20 flights so far on my SW, not a lot compared to many guys here. I get around 2 or 3 flights each visit to the field. The rest of my time is spent on my EDF addiction.

I have already changed the elevator connector as it is the one that seemed to suffer most when I started using autopilot functions but in any wind, the ailerons need to be more effective. I suspect it is the connectors restricting free movement here as well
J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Aug 01, 2011, 11:15 PM
I do all my own crashes
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined Jan 2011
243 Posts
Yea, about those stock fasteners. I looked at those for awhile thinking I hadn't put them together right and as it turns out, they just suck. I sprung for some aftermarket parts and made it right. ~Wingnut13
Wingnut13 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut13
Old Aug 01, 2011, 11:22 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
Ok pilots,

So after waiting 3+ Months for Hobbyking to send me the HS65MG servos, I still haven't received them. Those clowns are telling me that it can take up to 90 more days (3 months), which I am simply not gonna wait for. Instead of HS65MG, which other servos can I use for the SW FPV platform?? And where can I get them?

Thanks
Get HS-65HB instead, if available easily.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Aug 01, 2011, 11:25 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc863 View Post
maidened mine this morning with a 4000mah 4s
all went well but was having trouble trimming it. landed (needed a lot of space I might put flaps on) and found those $&@@%#} control rod fastners had in fact slipped (two of the four) I bet more than one SW had died at their hands now going to put on proper clevis things I should have done that to begin with. grrr.
I changed mine with clevises and new pushrods after the first two flights. Its been working well.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Aug 02, 2011, 12:53 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,681 Posts
Agreed about the stock fasteners. Friction between the set screw and the control
horn can probably loosen that screw, and then the pushrod is free to slide.
I suspect that some of the "My wing broke during normal flight." stories
are actually "My elevator slipped free, SW pitched straight up at speed and snapped
the wing." stories, but there's not enough left after the crash to know that.
I used standard pushrods with a Z-bend at one end, and threaded clevis on the other
all the way around on both my SWs.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 02, 2011, 02:48 AM
UAV Pilot
sweden
Joined May 2007
994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDave View Post

Its a little weird they also made a platform, but it's not horizontal, rather it's tilted down. Not a big deal, but I don't think I'd use it in the stock angle:

About the angle

I also have my GoPro HD pointed downwards - if you don't you will have half of your picture full off sky when flying level.

I want to see more interesting stuff in my recordings

If you have pan/tilt it does not matter at all if the platform is tilted or not.

If you mount your pan/tilt up there you also increase drag (compare to pictures with pan mounted GWS360 servos.

//UndCon
UndCon is offline Find More Posts by UndCon
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:56 AM
Lisbon, Portugal
Joined Jan 2011
177 Posts
have a look at my camera mount
The maiden of the frankenwalker http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1465750

end of the afternoon by LOS. Enjoy
frankenwalker maiden
frankenwalker maiden (8 min 31 sec)
filipinto is offline Find More Posts by filipinto
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:57 AM
Joined May 2009
154 Posts
Finally get my plane back!

Only damage was broken wingtip (some 15cm of wing is gone) and 1 wire from transmitter is damaged.
All electronics are fully working after two weeks on forest/field in rain and everything possible....
It was about 3 kilometers from starting point.

GoPro camera is working BUT SD memory card is somehow damaged and I couldn't open video.
I get that file from card with special program but player wont play it... Any ideas to get it working...

Two LiPos 3s2200mAh was empty but I get those back to life.

Article in newspaper was key element why plane was found. Founder was Ukrainian berry picker. His Boss called me to get my plane back.. I gave 70€ to that Ukrainian guy
bigbear_fin is offline Find More Posts by bigbear_fin
Old Aug 02, 2011, 06:41 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,466 Posts
So anyone recognizes this model?

I've finally received my own Skywalker and will begin building as soon as time permits. In the mean time I've started modeling and will use the model to plan my installation and how to pack it in my transport case.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Aug 02, 2011, 12:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
183 Posts
Hey everyone...is there anywhere to get this in the USA? If so, is it the most recent version?

If not, who carries the most recent version/best vendor to deal with oversea's?

Thanks all!

`Jack
beaverlover is offline Find More Posts by beaverlover
Old Aug 02, 2011, 02:13 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverlover View Post
Hey everyone...is there anywhere to get this in the USA? If so, is it the most recent version?

If not, who carries the most recent version/best vendor to deal with oversea's?

Thanks all!

`Jack
Bevrc.com. If you order stuff over 200 dollars you get from 3-7 shipping. Got mine from there and it came in great condition.
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:11 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
650 Posts
I just put glue over the fasteners. Havnt had a problem
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:20 PM
Espainia, PV, Berriz
Joined Jul 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
I just put glue over the fasteners. Havnt had a problem
outx ! ... i'm newie ... good idea !
glue is the solution for everything ! hehe ...
in_out is offline Find More Posts by in_out