SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 27, 2011, 01:25 PM
Registered User
in_out's Avatar
Espainia, PV, Berriz
Joined Jul 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
Screenshot from the thermal cam.

It looks better in motion trust me. Plus our settings were a little wacked, video was poor. There is a nasty impedance mismatch from the camera to the RVOSD board.
IMPRESSIVE !!!!!
video video video ...
in_out is offline Find More Posts by in_out
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2011, 02:07 PM
Registered User
iw28's Avatar
Denmark Copenhagen Hvidovre
Joined Nov 2009
137 Posts
Video video video ! Btw how much did the flir camera cost ?
iw28 is offline Find More Posts by iw28
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 02:25 PM
Registered User
BushmanLA's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
1,819 Posts
It's gonna be a bit guys. I'm at work till late this afternoon.

Camera was approx $4500
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 03:03 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
It's gonna be a bit guys. I'm at work till late this afternoon.

Camera was approx $4500
It's so frickin' cool!

Looks like that CoD4 level with the AC130...

I can't wait to see the video.

Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 05:14 PM
Registered User
in_out's Avatar
Espainia, PV, Berriz
Joined Jul 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
It's gonna be a bit guys. I'm at work till late this afternoon.

Camera was approx $4500

wow ... i dont know how to say it in english ... but you've two big balls to put that camera flying onboard !! jeje

... and i was doubting if i would install a GoPro and FPV system or not ...hehehe

videeeeooooo videooooooo videeeeeoooooooo ... ehhehe
in_out is offline Find More Posts by in_out
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 07:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2010
38 Posts
Skywalker Give-away contest.

FPV for Beginners PART 1 plus SKYWALKER GIVEAWAY. Win a free FPV Plane Contest (3 min 57 sec)
hairlesshippy is offline Find More Posts by hairlesshippy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:28 AM
Haww Hawww Haawww
Falafel's Avatar
United States, VA
Joined Apr 2011
19 Posts
I am concerned my control surfaces do not have enough deflection. Would any one be so kind as to take pictures of their control surfaces at maximum and typical deflection or measurements thereof? Help is much appreciated!
Falafel is offline Find More Posts by Falafel
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:09 PM
Fast and low...
aa78's Avatar
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel View Post
I am concerned my control surfaces do not have enough deflection. Would any one be so kind as to take pictures of their control surfaces at maximum and typical deflection or measurements thereof? Help is much appreciated!
Ailerons here.

You don't need excessive throws on the surfaces anyway. Even 5-10mm should be good for normal flying.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:14 PM
wep
https://vimeo.com/wep800
wep's Avatar
Joined Dec 2006
220 Posts
Auwwww.... CRASHED today .......


http://vimeo.com/27020108
CRASH AT 01:28


First FPV flight with the skywalker.
Plane flew perfect 3 flight before this. Very very smooth.

1 minute before the crash I thought something was wrong with ailerons... like maybe only 1 aileron was working?
I think now that I basicly.... stalled and crashed.... but not sure yet.
30 seconds before this crash I was planning to land to see if all was ok.....

The initial right just before the spiral bank was not my input.... almost looks like gust but the wind was not gusty.

Maybe I was just flying to slow all the time (FPV) and the ailerons just feel "mushy"

CG was slightly forward but I trimmed the airplane for low speed. I think I was flying close to stallspeed and due to a negative gust the right wing stalled... and the rest you can see.

What do you guys think?





2 other questios:
last part of my video is OSD overlay...
-Do you think the Current flow is about normal?
I have an 3s engine 3536 Turnigy from HK but flying on 4s.
power limited to about 50A max on TX.

Last question:

I think I can repait this SW but I need some tips for the nose.
Some of the material is sort of compressed (first pic), is ther a way to flatten is a bit again?
Any other tips? Tail: just glue it again?


Last thing: this was also first flight with the GoPro and set the 'wrong' resolution...
wep is offline Find More Posts by wep
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:24 PM
Flying low is expensive.
pdiddyg40's Avatar
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
I placed an order with HK for some of the gear on my SW. I got "buddy codes" that give you a break on the price of an item, and me a refund if you use the code. So if anyone is planning on buying the following and would like codes, just PM me.

8-15A UBec
Lipo Charge Sack
25A ESC
TP 2408-21 Motor

Note: The motor and ESC are not for use on my SW

I do not intend to spam this thread. But I figured that plenty of people buy from HK and could possibly need a BEC.

I can't wait to get building!
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:52 PM
Flying low is expensive.
pdiddyg40's Avatar
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
I was going to reinforce my wing with a CF strip from RcPlanebuilder.com

They have 5mm wide and 10mm wide strips, but are out of stock on the 10. Should I wait for those to come back in stock, or will the 5mm strips work as well?
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:06 PM
uavservices on MRF
saabguyspg's Avatar
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,071 Posts
sorry about your crash, I have a similar repair to do on mine... hot water on a rag then heat the foam with it.... should pulll some of the compression out... then use fiberglass over top.... stronger than new...

your crash does not look like a stall.... looks like the ailersons got stuck or you lost RC and the receiver held the last position.

Steve


Quote:
Originally Posted by wep View Post
Auwwww.... CRASHED today .......


http://vimeo.com/27020108
CRASH AT 01:28


First FPV flight with the skywalker.
Plane flew perfect 3 flight before this. Very very smooth.

1 minute before the crash I thought something was wrong with ailerons... like maybe only 1 aileron was working?
I think now that I basicly.... stalled and crashed.... but not sure yet.
30 seconds before this crash I was planning to land to see if all was ok.....

The initial right just before the spiral bank was not my input.... almost looks like gust but the wind was not gusty.

Maybe I was just flying to slow all the time (FPV) and the ailerons just feel "mushy"

CG was slightly forward but I trimmed the airplane for low speed. I think I was flying close to stallspeed and due to a negative gust the right wing stalled... and the rest you can see.

What do you guys think?





2 other questios:
last part of my video is OSD overlay...
-Do you think the Current flow is about normal?
I have an 3s engine 3536 Turnigy from HK but flying on 4s.
power limited to about 50A max on TX.

Last question:

I think I can repait this SW but I need some tips for the nose.
Some of the material is sort of compressed (first pic), is ther a way to flatten is a bit again?
Any other tips? Tail: just glue it again?


Last thing: this was also first flight with the GoPro and set the 'wrong' resolution...
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:51 PM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddyg40 View Post
I was going to reinforce my wing with a CF strip from RcPlanebuilder.com

They have 5mm wide and 10mm wide strips, but are out of stock on the 10. Should I wait for those to come back in stock, or will the 5mm strips work as well?
Im using 5mm on the main wing and 3mm on the tail. should be fine.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:01 PM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
673 Posts
Just finished building my skywalker, but have one concern. I was testing out the motor and when I gave it full whopp the air going over the tail was making it like wobble back and forth. Is this normal. This is the newest version from bevrc.com. Thanks!
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:03 PM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
673 Posts
Also I bought a normal 9x6 prop not the pusher version. Is it ok if I just make the motor run the other way. Or am I loosing thrust doing this? Thanks!
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Best plane for FPV while on vacation? patricklupo FPV Aircraft 23 Aug 08, 2010 06:27 AM
Cool FPV plane rescue with an FPV truck :-) AnthonyRC FPV Aircraft 17 Feb 24, 2008 10:45 PM
For Sale Skywalker plane and a bunch of extras moody07747 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Sep 19, 2006 09:34 PM
Discussion Aviator Skywalker RC plane given to me moody07747 Electric Plane Talk 46 Sep 12, 2006 11:45 AM