Old May 17, 2010, 02:25 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpimous View Post
http://vimeo.com/6760061
Some of my FPV videos (Super dimona up to clouds !)
Cool, love the virtual cockpit, very nice!

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 17, 2010, 02:44 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
Jab,

Can you please post more details of your setup. Have you any more pictures of that plywood reinforcement from prior to joining the two halves of the fuselage?

Elpimous,

On my plane I used hot glue as recommended to me earlier in the thread. It worked very well.

Regards

Fergus
Fergus is offline Find More Posts by Fergus
Old May 17, 2010, 02:50 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpimous View Post
Thanks, Jab !!!!
How did U mount your motor ???
I just drilled some holes in the plywood plate that comes with the airframe kit and used the bolts that comes with the motor. Then I glued the plate to the airframe mount.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old May 17, 2010, 03:44 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
Jab,
Can you please post more details of your setup...
Sure. I just cut some 1.5mm plywood to fit the inside of the frame and glued it to the walls with a thin layer of epoxy. That way you to get a sandwich construction where both the plywood and epoxy makes it stronger and it hardly adds any extra weight. The 1.5mm is also thing enough so that it bends to the shape of the walls. A piece of balsa inside makes a second floor for stacking equipment. Then I just made a opening and inserted some 2mm blind nuts for bolting the door.
At the tail section I added a flat cable and a quick connector, so that I have the possibility to mount equipment there in the future.
I also modified a quick release for the canopy. I just cut out the plywood section on the canopy and glued it to the airframe to keep the canopy from moving sideways. Then I just cut some holes in the airframe and use battery straps to fasten the canopy.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old May 17, 2010, 03:59 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
FPVflying.com are offering a free review model with motor/servos etc, complete with an autopilot in exchange for a build log/video and an honest review.

Check out the thread at FPV-community.com

http://www.fpv-community.com/forum/s...d=5291#pid5291
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old May 17, 2010, 05:57 PM
Joined Jan 2009
8 Posts
setup !

Could you give your setup for this plane (motor, ESC, ...) ?
Thanks
popoti is offline Find More Posts by popoti
Old May 18, 2010, 05:33 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
Great pics Jab. Thanks.

I have fitted an FY20A in my buddies EPS Skywalker for testing before putting it in my epo model. So far I'm not very impressed but it may be down to my setup. I have subtrim in on rudder to acheive 90degrees on the servo arm. I'm not sure if that is causing the problem (FY20A seeing subtrim as a command input!!). Anyway the plane will not track straight even with gain maxed out. I have removed the subtrim and will test it again.

The aileron servos are also constantly chattering. There is no perceivable movement but I do wonder if it should be happening. They are DS368s. Perhaps I should do an IMU reset to see if that helps.

Anyway it's early days. I will need to get more flight testing done to see if I can dial it in.

Has anyone else used this system. I'm looking forward to hearing what the reviewer thinks whenever he is chosen.

Regards

Fergus.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:33 AM
SPL
Joined Aug 2008
103 Posts
I'm using this motor:
http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store..._1100Kv_/_345w

with 9*6 prop on 4s 5000mah

I can cruise on 4-4.5 AMP
SPL is offline Find More Posts by SPL
Old May 18, 2010, 10:51 AM
Joined May 2010
59 Posts
Not sure if I am going to get an answer, but does anyone know (and wants to say) who the manufacturer of this plane is?
plane-addict is offline Find More Posts by plane-addict
Old May 18, 2010, 12:45 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
Quote:
Not sure if I am going to get an answer, but does anyone know (and wants to say) who the manufacturer of this plane is?
RCGroups member SkywalkerCEO has posted earlier in this thread and claims to represent the manufacturer.

I also found this site in the early days of searching for information on this plane.

http://www.skywalker-model.com/

I have no idea if it is indeed the manufacturers website. The contact email address is skywalker-rc'AT'hotmail.com. I have also noticed this same user name 'skywalker-rc' used by a member on the Chinese forums who has replied to questions about the model.

As a cautionary note I would be careful of ordering from unknown sources. I have no idea if the website above is legitimate plus I have already seen references to sales of this plane from sources who are selling the EPS version and advertising it as EPO. Best to buy from a trusted site. As is already evident in this thread Adnan at www.fpvhobby.com is the man to go too.

Regards

Fergus
Old May 18, 2010, 01:05 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
Quote:
Could you give your setup for this plane (motor, ESC, ...) ?
Thanks
Motor: Scorpion SII 3014 1220Kv
ESC: Scorpion Commander 55amp
Prop: APC 9x6
Lipo: 3s Hyperion 4400mAh

I may go with 4s and a 9x4.5 prop on this motor ESC in the future. That would give over 2Kg of thrust with similar amp draw in the cruise to what I have now. Just get me up there a bit quicker LOL.

Regards

Fergus
Old May 19, 2010, 05:41 AM
The Netherlands, Utrecht, Amersfoort
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
Thank you Fergus. I have contacts in China that can verify for me!
CrashingDutchman is offline Find More Posts by CrashingDutchman
Old May 19, 2010, 03:21 PM
SPL
Joined Aug 2008
103 Posts
Here is my second flight:

Sky walker RV OSD Testings. (7 min 16 sec)
SPL is offline Find More Posts by SPL
Old May 19, 2010, 05:21 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,968 Posts
do the servo's twitch in full manual rc mode?
how about when your video TX is off?
how about with the entire system out of the loop (maybe it's a problem with your system not the OSD)
when you say it won't track straight what do you mean? are the wings level but the rudder is causing a turn? or are the wings not staying level?
How about pitch? is the pitch working ok?
try increasing the rudder gain, it may need to move more (not less) to keep it on track...
when adjusting autpilots the standard way is to crank the gains untill there is over correction (plane wobbles back and forth) then reduce the gain untill that goes away....

I have one of these on the way for a delta wing plane that cruises at 70kmph so I will have some reports in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
Great pics Jab. Thanks.

I have fitted an FY20A in my buddies EPS Skywalker for testing before putting it in my epo model. So far I'm not very impressed but it may be down to my setup. I have subtrim in on rudder to acheive 90degrees on the servo arm. I'm not sure if that is causing the problem (FY20A seeing subtrim as a command input!!). Anyway the plane will not track straight even with gain maxed out. I have removed the subtrim and will test it again.

The aileron servos are also constantly chattering. There is no perceivable movement but I do wonder if it should be happening. They are DS368s. Perhaps I should do an IMU reset to see if that helps.

Anyway it's early days. I will need to get more flight testing done to see if I can dial it in.

Has anyone else used this system. I'm looking forward to hearing what the reviewer thinks whenever he is chosen.

Regards

Fergus.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg