jdm
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2010, 04:21 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Interesting idea... Maybe Adnan can tell us a price if we could get 20 orders together... Or how many orders would be required to get it to $99?
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old May 08, 2010, 08:19 AM
Istanbul / Turkey
Joined Oct 2007
185 Posts
Hi friends.

If I send more than one Skywalker, will be problem in your country customs. Like taxes, customs procedures, EU confirmity declarations, ...

Sea shipping very cheap, but need long time, and not suitable for one Skywalker. Our EMS shipping price is fix as 41 USD. But many countries more than 41 USD. I remembered 71 USD EMS shipping price I paid.

Lost parcels, broken items there are additonally. Please don't forget the money transfer fees. We are paying about %7 for money transfer fee.
We will find better price solutions in future. But need time. We are new, Skywalker is new, please be patient.

Please send your comments about design, material and assembling also. Don't you need wheels? Are you happy with it's clear canopy? Is combo sets better? Is original box enough and strong for shipping? Is necessary reinforcement band for bottom side of main wing? Spare parts need and supply?

Best regards.
FPVhobby team
Adnan.
FPVistanbul is offline Find More Posts by FPVistanbul
Last edited by FPVistanbul; May 08, 2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old May 08, 2010, 08:19 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
consider the EPO version cost 550yuan (80$) in China...
I found it at 35Euro ! But this was price for chinese market only! To export it you must contact an agent that add a lot of fees, raising price to about the said 80. I think this is the Achile's heel of the flow...
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 08, 2010, 09:09 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
Quote:
I found it at 35Euro ! But this was price for chinese market only! To export it you must contact an agent that add a lot of fees, raising price to about the said 80. I think this is the Achile's heel of the flow...
I don't see it for that price on Chinese sites now! Just the EPS version. I just did some checking earlier and the amount of vendors offering this plane for sale in China via taobao has decreased dramatically.

The EPO version was available initially at the same price as the EPS version (550Y). That's assuming it was indeed the EPO version like they said in advertisements. It is now only available from one vendor for 900y (134dollars) which I think includes some electronics. Add shipping and commission to that to get it out of China and its going to be more expensive than what Adnan is offering it for. Plus you have no come back if anything is wrong when you get it. The EPS version is around 350Y and seems to be available but Guys don't bother. It is just too fragile. Adnan has definitely impressed with his service. Yes the airframe could be cheaper. If that can be achieved then return would increase due to sales of greater volume. This is obvious by the amount of people here who have expressed interest in the plane but are not purchasing due to price.

Quote:
Please send your comments about design, material and assembling also.
I have previously posted my thoughts on the kit design. Just to add:

My Skywalker arrived in good condition as did my friends. Zaguru was not so lucky. The box could do with beefing up as the parts are just wrapped in foam paper and left sitting inside it. They have no protection from rough handling.

As for offering packages. I would sooner see the price come down for the bare foam plane than see bundled electronics. I've flown RC helicopters for ten years and have concluded that the airframe tends to cost about one third of what goes into it. Perhaps this is not so with fixed wing but its a theory I'm sticking with. Some may want cheap bundled random centering servos and an ESC that MIGHT work. I would prefer to pay less for the airframe and spend more on my choice of quality electronic components.

Of those who received the EPO version can you update us on progress. I am hoping a line can be drawn under the dramas I experienced with the EPS version! At least in terms of durability. Can anyone with the EPO version chime in and let me know if that is the case.

Regards

Fergus
Fergus is offline Find More Posts by Fergus
Last edited by Fergus; May 08, 2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old May 08, 2010, 09:34 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,570 Posts
I very much like the look of this airplane > Skywalker < but it is just too expensive for a foamy kit.

Instead I have ordered this one...

http://www.cyber-fly.pl/produkt-1441.html

If the price of the Skywalker will be less someday I will order it also......
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old May 08, 2010, 01:25 PM
Joined May 2010
194 Posts
hi,
renatoa could you send me a link , I import to the uk and i should be able to get 10 or so put in my next container I can not see the customs being very much at all

Tks
Nick
NickTT is offline Find More Posts by NickTT
Old May 08, 2010, 03:15 PM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Manufacture of the SKYWALKER should consider building a cover nose for the platform. Glassfiber, Carbon, kevlar or PVC.

Any opinions on the proto I made, feel free...

BTW..

We all in here are interested in having the best platform for FPV and UAV amateur flying.
But some of you need to understand time is money and things cost money.

A China company made a really great FPV platform which perform very great.
Why some in here post negative opinions in every post they make! I simply don't understand.

The platform are just what we "all" was looking for, but not able to make our own.
Please try to be more positive! Don't see this platform as a piece of foam! It's much more than that!
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Last edited by Hooks; May 08, 2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old May 08, 2010, 04:14 PM
I AP'd myself again......
Yawn....Iowa
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
They asked for constructive criticism, Another way to get it would be to send out some kits for beta testing. (people not associated to the kit)
aviatordave is offline Find More Posts by aviatordave
Old May 08, 2010, 10:18 PM
Southwest Chicago
Joined Jul 2006
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVistanbul View Post
Fergus, this is bad news.

Please don't worry about airplane, I will send to you a new box EPO Skywalker as a gift.
You are our first Skywalker customer, I don't want to see you unhappy.

I hope your electronic equipments are as well.

I will send EMS Tracking number tomorrow.

Best regards.
FPVhobby team
Adnan.
You just won my business.

Fergus, sorry all that hard work went to hell - looks like things are back on track though.
CageHound is offline Find More Posts by CageHound
Old May 09, 2010, 11:54 AM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,521 Posts
They should mold this plane from real hi density 1.9 EPP also. That will be winner !
tushev is online now Find More Posts by tushev
Old May 09, 2010, 02:37 PM
"Here birdy birdy birdy..."
Israel
Joined Sep 2006
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
Manufacture of the SKYWALKER should consider building a cover nose for the platform. Glassfiber, Carbon, kevlar or PVC.

Kevlar + Glass-fiber in 45deg is the best solution. The glass gives finish and the Kevlar is very robust. I would consider one 45deg layer of 50g glass-fiber from the outside and two layers of 200g Kevlar "Foot-Crow". The sides(outline) needs to be reinforced with one 0.05 Unidirectional Carbon thread-string. I assume it would weight 15-25g depending on the wanted cover
MDreamer is offline Find More Posts by MDreamer
Old May 10, 2010, 01:22 PM
Joined May 2010
5 Posts
we don't trend to increase the price at EPO, we trying to make our product fit more and more customer. sure, that the common sense that if we got the big order like serveral hundred planes , the sale cost will reduced.
actually, we do not sale the product with shortage oversea. but someone had sold out our EPS test version plane, without our permission.
skywalker-ceo is offline Find More Posts by skywalker-ceo
Old May 10, 2010, 01:54 PM
KJ6BFN
United States, CA, Fountain Valley
Joined Aug 2008
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post

BTW..

We all in here are interested in having the best platform for FPV and UAV amateur flying.
But some of you need to understand time is money and things cost money.

A China company made a really great FPV platform which perform very great.
Why some in here post negative opinions in every post they make! I simply don't understand.

The platform are just what we "all" was looking for, but not able to make our own.
Please try to be more positive! Don't see this platform as a piece of foam! It's much more than that!
What would the intent be with such a cover?
Seems as though the weak areas are around the wings & strut and the fuse connecting tail to main wing.
This cover may give abrasion resistance for rough airfields and landings?
It would be cool!?
Thanks in advance for clarifying.
henkvdw is offline Find More Posts by henkvdw
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Futaba 9CHPS
Old May 11, 2010, 11:59 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
@Henkvdw

The "covernose" should give you more protection in hard landings. It would also be easy to paint in strong colours for easy to spot in the air.
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks