HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:57 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,222 Posts
I have my vTx immersion parked there. Antenna at the back, made a little brace for it as it is in the flow of air off the prop. I have an open antenna, not in the foam ball, so the air doesn't affect it much.
Been out over 3km with good video, on a 7T helical.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:07 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Flight with my Skywalker this weekend. Just love this bird.

Lake Michigan Ice Flying with DragonLink 2 2 13 (4 min 29 sec)
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:16 PM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
646 Posts
Fantastic video. I completely forgot that winter existed elsewhere. Right now in southeast Texas, we're all in shorts (and have been for the past week and a half).
TexasAggie is offline Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:20 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,997 Posts
Funny, 2 weeks ago here it was -30 C, then last week we got lots of rain and this week snow is starting again with some -15 to -20 C. I forgot that sumer exists somewhere else on the planet and frankly would like you to stop bragging that it is summer in your part of the world

PS: not really mad but I find you lucky
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:26 PM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Funny, 2 weeks ago here it was -30 C, then last week we got lots of rain and this week snow is starting again with some -15 to -20 C. I forgot that sumer exists somewhere else on the planet and frankly would like you to stop bragging that it is summer in your part of the world

PS: not really mad but I find you lucky
I'll trade you 25 degrees for some of your rain. We've been in a drought for quite some time.

Honestly, it's been an usually mild winter. Just a handful of cold days immediately following a front, then the gulf air moves back in.
TexasAggie is offline Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:50 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
Fantastic video. I completely forgot that winter existed elsewhere. Right now in southeast Texas, we're all in shorts (and have been for the past week and a half).
Thanks! Summer seems like a distant memory. What's amazing is that same iced over beach in the video becomes the best beach to be on in the summer. Till that day comes, I'm doing some cold flying. Just stinks I have to give up before my battery is drained because my hands are numb.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:58 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,997 Posts
Don't you use a transmitter mitt ? Must have for winter days, very comfy.
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:28 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,222 Posts
As much as I love the high def videos, I also like being able to see the pilot view. See distance, altitude, and video quality. Maybe just me though. Nice video.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:46 PM
Work less, fly more!
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Aug 2012
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
I'll trade you 25 degrees for some of your rain. We've been in a drought for quite some time.

Honestly, it's been an usually mild winter. Just a handful of cold days immediately following a front, then the gulf air moves back in.
you blokes are lucky, 43deg celcius here today during summer gets to 48 C and winter it may go as low as 28C, got to fly very early in the morning or its too hard on batteries etc by 9.00am
angry is online now Find More Posts by angry
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:07 AM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry View Post
you blokes are lucky, 43deg celcius here today during summer gets to 48 C and winter it may go as low as 28C, got to fly very early in the morning or its too hard on batteries etc by 9.00am
Yea I killed my black HD cam by leaving it out in the sun on my wing for 20 minutes while flying my Skywalker. Could not touch it it was so hot, RMA... Otherwise, the South Easter every single day, 20-30kts for two weeks now.
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:46 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
As much as I love the high def videos, I also like being able to see the pilot view. See distance, altitude, and video quality. Maybe just me though. Nice video.
I agree with you - definitely like both. It's fun to see the high def beautiful scenery but sometimes the visceral thrill of the video interference and crap-outs and watching the amps and estimated mAh consumption is super cool too.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:44 PM
Norbert
Graz, Austria
Joined Feb 2006
1,580 Posts
Beautiful video, Jeff!
Norbert
EyP3 is offline Find More Posts by EyP3
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:12 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyP3 View Post
Beautiful video, Jeff!
Norbert
Thanks!

Here's another one I did a few days later:

Lake Michigan Winter Wonderland.wmv (7 min 26 sec)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:46 AM
New Zealand, Wellington, Lower Hutt
Joined Sep 2011
113 Posts
Pushrods ... and clevises

Hi all, having heard that many people weren't too impressed with the stock pushrods and horns with the plane, I puchased these ones:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=8416
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9887

My question is, how do people normally connect these to their servos? I've gone el cheapo and bought the HXT900 servos, and the holes in the servo arms are significantly smaller than the 2mm of those pushrods, or clevises, or linkage stoppers. In fact I think I need a microscope to actually see the holes in the servo arms.

So, what's the best course of action? I could of course make the holes bigger, but am a little worried about either joining up two holes, or weakening the servo arm so much that it'll snap in flight.

What have other people done here?
DaveTheKiwi is offline Find More Posts by DaveTheKiwi
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:32 AM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,007 Posts
Drilling the servo horns is standard practice. Make a z bend at the servo end.

The parts you linked to make for a very solid connection. A drop of locktite on the clevis screw helps too.
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic