SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:16 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
If they are still using the EPS version as packaging material, then I am seriously asking myself how many of these "pre-release EPS versions" ("never intended for sale") they had produced. The EPO version is sold now exclusively since more than two months and they still have EPS versions for packaging. LOL
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:20 PM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
Vigoss, skip the xmount and drill new holes to go directly through the plywood into the motor. Otherwise, you will have no way to remove the motor later if necessary.
arkcom is offline Find More Posts by arkcom
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:55 PM
Joined Mar 2009
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFLoTiTo View Post
Sergey,

There might be different ways to do that, but here is mine:
- The plywood will hold well to the plane, donīt worry. Keep in mind this is a contact glue, so pass a thin layer of glue on BOTH surfaces (foam and plywood), let it dry for about 3min and only then put them together.
- Putting a 35mm motor there is the tricky part... the holes are really on the edge and while Iīve seen others doing it here this is not ideal. Thatīs why I opted for a 28mm motor. But now you will have to try insīt it? Start by carefully drilling a hole to guide the screws. This hole should be about half the screws diameter. Add a drop of CA (= superbonder) on each role and let it dry completely (1h or more). This will strengthen the plywood. Use screws designed for self taping on wood (deeper threads and sharper tips). When you bolt then down, be very carefull not to overtighten, or your female thread will be gone for good.

As for the batteries, you should connect then in parallel on your setup. That will add the capacity (mAh) and keep the voltage (3S). If you connected them in series, you would add the voltage (=6S) and keep the capacity (mAh) - that would probably burn this motor.

Cheers,
Luiz
Thanks for the tips. I would think ... While there are ideas in this regard, a little later released photos as I can imagine, that is how it can be done with PCB.

It means to properly connect the battery I needed a solution Series-Deans-2-to-1-Adapter ???
vigoss is offline Find More Posts by vigoss
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:01 PM
Joined Mar 2009
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkcom View Post
Vigoss, skip the xmount and drill new holes to go directly through the plywood into the motor. Otherwise, you will have no way to remove the motor later if necessary.
Thank you.
I also thought long over this ...., think should be given more time to solve this problem. And make the best, that is constructive and opportunities available in the future dismantlement. At this point there are a couple of ideas., Later draw and lay out their ideas graphically.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:10 PM
Joined Mar 2009
24 Posts
Prompt please me more about the issues raised:
1.Kak gently straighten the wing (in the photo is clearly seen, the region of deformation)
2.What is a glue in the kit (tsiakrin or epoxy)? Who and what they pasted?
3.Dlya which combined with the motor is a lock (on the photo shown with red arrow)? It is for something needed, where and how to apply it? Or you can remove it and it is useless?
4.What tell me about the controller and servo drives, the correct choice made by buying them?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:09 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
hey does anyone know which way is "on" for the channels on a lawmate rx? Does the switch need to be towards the white dot?
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:40 AM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigoss View Post
It means to properly connect the battery I needed a solution Series-Deans-2-to-1-Adapter ???
You need to connect the batteries in parallel. Use this adaptor:
http://www.readyheli.com/GPMM3142-Pa...r_p_32868.html
MorrisM is offline Find More Posts by MorrisM
Last edited by MorrisM; Jul 30, 2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:28 AM
Australia, NSW, Peakhurst
Joined Mar 2006
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
hey does anyone know which way is "on" for the channels on a lawmate rx? Does the switch need to be towards the white dot?
Ash,
There is no "ON" it is a channel selection switch. You guys in the USp are locked on 910mhz. Sorry you might be talking about 2.4 so yes towards the white dot is on.
Cheers
Richard
Bear_au is offline Find More Posts by Bear_au
Last edited by Bear_au; Jul 30, 2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:01 AM
Australia, NSW, Peakhurst
Joined Mar 2006
163 Posts
Hi guys,
Well I'm starting the SW. Funjet finished.
Having gone through most of the thread it still has some conflict on the wing.
It does seem however that the best option is to make the wing in one piece ca the lot. Then for some no further reinforcement needed but the option of cross weave tape. I do this on the LE of most of my epo builds anyway. I might us some cc flat on the outer section from the cf spars. Just a knife slit and push the cf strip in and drop ca in to follow easy.
The other question is do we the fin
Is it needed to be reinforced with cf rod or just leave as is. I could use cf on the outside from the fin to stabilizer.
Any suggestions welcome.
BTW will be running a 3536A 1450kv 60/70 speedy 3s2p 3600 mAh flight battery and 3s 1300 mAh aux. Rvosd gen 3, 900 mHz tx and dx201 cam.
Cheers
Bear au. /. Richard
Bear_au is offline Find More Posts by Bear_au
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:30 AM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,679 Posts
I reinforced my wing with strips of carbon just as you described. I used 2 strips on the bottom, and one on top. I covered them with white packing tape.There is much less flex now.

Morris
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:12 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Hey Morris.

Should the CF rod not be crossing the weak point? I thought the weak point was where the glap starts, which seems to be where your rods go up to?
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Hey Morris.

Should the CF rod not be crossing the weak point? I thought the weak point was where the glap starts, which seems to be where your rods go up to?
There is about 2 inches of overlap where the wing joiner tubes end and the carbon strips I installed begin. I couldn't make the overlap any greater because of the diheadral angle.
Last edited by MorrisM; Jul 30, 2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: add pic
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:39 PM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
Alrighty,

SkyWalker Setup
Motor - Turnigy 35-36 1400kv
Prop - Either the 10x6 or 9x6 Graupner Cam folding prop on a 36mm Turbo Spinner
Battery -Either 2 or 1 3s 5000mah
ESC - 60a turnigy plush or 40a if I can get a way with it.
Camera - kx131 12v and kx191
servos - EXI 9g metal gear (solid rudder)
OSD - RVOSD
5A UBEC
TLRS and DragonLink for RC control
DPCAV 900mhz 500mw pro

Sounds like a winner to me.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:50 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
10 inch prop won't fit. And I use the 1100 kv version of that motor on 4 s which works great. Otherwise everything else looks good
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:02 PM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
To late for right now. I don't have any 4s batteries, only 3s. Thats why I went with that motor. I wanted vertical climb performance, get high quick. So the 9x6 folder will be the prop. I hope it fits even though its has the folding stuff.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me