SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:55 PM
Shakopee, MN
Joined Aug 2004
154 Posts
Mtrhd0024 -- Someone suggested this but did you check your right servo under load?

I had a similar experience. My plane wanted to turn left way easier than right.
The ailerons and throw looked fine on the ground but the right servo was stripped slightly and with air flow over the aileron it would not give enough throw.
Dan777 is offline Find More Posts by Dan777
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan777 View Post
Mtrhd0024 -- Someone suggested this but did you check your right servo under load?

I had a similar experience. My plane wanted to turn left way easier than right.
The ailerons and throw looked fine on the ground but the right servo was stripped slightly and with air flow over the aileron it would not give enough throw.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will mess with them and see if I can detect anything wrong with one of the servo's.

The plane shouldn't be banking this hard to the left at neutral trim though, thats why I'm convinced there's something else wrong with the airframe... The plane banks heavily to the left, and at that point, when I try and correct it using aileron control, I have a hard time offsetting that tendency.
Mtrhd0024 is offline Find More Posts by Mtrhd0024
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:08 AM
Slovenija, Cerklje na Gorenjskem
Joined Nov 2008
107 Posts
I had prettey much same problem. Solved. Like somebody before just said wings are not 90 degre to fuselage, so I cut a little and on other Side support a Little so my wing are now 90 degree to fuselage. Second thing is I support back wings with carbon rods
Back wings were perfect in garage but in the air they were wombling here and there and they was never in line with main wing. After I made this modification it flys wery nice.
sajo is offline Find More Posts by sajo
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:48 AM
New Zealand, Wellington, Lower Hutt
Joined Sep 2011
115 Posts
How big are your ailerons?

Forgive me if this has been long asked, but long thread, non-unique words I could search for days ....

About to cut my ailerons out and I notice something that I didn't notice at first - the very slight indentation of the foam makes it look like they should be an inch longer than they first appear. See the pic below.

The orange indentation seems to be the design intent I believe, but looking at pictures of what others have done, some people seem to take the black, others the orange.

How is the plane with fairly standard throws? Is it quite sensitive? If it is I might just cut them at the black, but if it struggles a little in roll, then I'll go orange.

Thoughts?
DaveTheKiwi is online now Find More Posts by DaveTheKiwi
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:10 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Back wings were perfect in garage but in the air they were wombling here and there and they was never in line with main wing. After I made this modification it flys wery nice.
Back wings = Horizontal stabiliser

I also solved a similar issue, with the same method. Carbon rods on a 45 degree angle, from lower section of vertical stabiliser, to the underside of the horizontal elevator. I also added a carbon rod to the underneath of the fuselage, running the full length of the tail.
I know many people say here that it is unnecessary to go to these lengths, but mine improved 110% with these easy mods. Also, make sure your control linkages on the elevator and rudder are free enough so that the control rod does not bend, or warp the horizontal or vertical stabiliser under load.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:32 AM
Joined Jul 2012
27 Posts
To me, it looks like the wing is mounted at an angle, compared to the body of the skywalker. Looks like its tilting to the left viewed from behind.
vadav is offline Find More Posts by vadav
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
new skywalker

hhhmmmm. how long will it take until its on the shelves or better still, in my garage!!

https://www.facebook.com/BEVRC?ref=stream
StillAir2013 is offline Find More Posts by StillAir2013
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillAir2013 View Post
hhhmmmm. how long will it take until its on the shelves or better still, in my garage!!

https://www.facebook.com/BEVRC?ref=stream
Factory said it'll be released in December.
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
excellent, i hope you are right!
usually its a case of add a month late tax, plus Chinese new year and it may actually hit the shelves in late march early april.
StillAir2013 is offline Find More Posts by StillAir2013
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:26 AM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadav View Post
To me, it looks like the wing is mounted at an angle, compared to the body of the skywalker. Looks like its tilting to the left viewed from behind.
Exactly. See my post with measurements earlier.
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:58 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillAir2013 View Post
excellent, i hope you are right!
usually its a case of add a month late tax, plus Chinese new year and it may actually hit the shelves in late march early april.
Lol !
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:43 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrhd0024 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I will mess with them and see if I can detect anything wrong with one of the servo's.

The plane shouldn't be banking this hard to the left at neutral trim though, thats why I'm convinced there's something else wrong with the airframe... The plane banks heavily to the left, and at that point, when I try and correct it using aileron control, I have a hard time offsetting that tendency.
Did you check the aileron differential as suggested before?

I'd be willing to bet that if you trim with rudder and set enough aileron differential you'll have a sweet handling sky walker.
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Well...

I've got bigger problems now guys...

Skywalker didn't make it back from my last flight today.

If I ever find it, I doubt it'll be in any condition to worry too much about this problem anymore... I was about a mile out, and started losing video.

I finally turned my Tx off, as RTH on my RVOSD was my only hope, however it never made it back. It was very windy this evening, and I was having trouble flying it myself. So thats that...

I'm going to put out a few REWARD posters, with pictures of her, and maybe someone will run across it, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
Mtrhd0024 is offline Find More Posts by Mtrhd0024
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrhd0024 View Post
Well...

I've got bigger problems now guys...

Skywalker didn't make it back from my last flight today.

If I ever find it, I doubt it'll be in any condition to worry too much about this problem anymore... I was about a mile out, and started losing video.

I finally turned my Tx off, as RTH on my RVOSD was my only hope, however it never made it back. It was very windy this evening, and I was having trouble flying it myself. So thats that...

I'm going to put out a few REWARD posters, with pictures of her, and maybe someone will run across it, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
Sorry to hear that. Were you recording? Contact number on the plane?
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:20 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Hi guy's, just wondering... what is the consensus on best method of gluing the wings together... especially with respect to the below 2 factors:

1) type of glue?

2) how to ensure perfect alignment?

Thanks
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames