Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Peace time joint venture?
That's a nice suggestion.......

Quote:
"Hello Kitty" was off so I took what was available in the Skywalker Decals
Hello Kitty would look great! LOL!

I just ordered some decals from HK for my black (currently stealth) SW.
The one I really like is "Eagle Punch" considering I have been under attack from Eagles during the last couple of flights. I would post a pic, but I can't from my iPad.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Grazer; Oct 04, 2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Spilling irrors
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:30 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
Yes, wow.
10 ferrites? Did you put these in because you had problems or to be overly safe?
I have one ferrite on a noisy servo, and one as part of an lc filter for power to my vTx.
That is it.
I think there is one on the esc cable too.
I have the Gopro as well, no shielding on it at all.
Did you find that stuff was necessary, or helped?
Actually I got a package with 50 of couple sizes and use for safety, on every servo wire and on video switcher wires too.
Now my bigest issue is the time to find satellites, it is taking forever. I am trying to moving around cables, shilding GPS wires with aluminum paper, move gps position and still only get satellite when it wants too. This is driving me crazy . In the last couple days I am expending more then 8 hours just on that issue.
Still going to keep trying now start to unplug OSD or any other eletronic to see if this will help with that. I use MFD sharing the same GPS, probably is time to use 2 GPSs, one for OSD and another one for MFD, don't know, but will have to fix this.
I use this for photos and prior taking off is a long waiting time that I have to solve.

Mauro
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Last edited by mauromassari; Oct 04, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:10 AM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
808 Posts
SW compared to Penguin

Hi SW folks,
My SW is flying just fine but like most of us, I am always looking for something to spend my money on. Have any of you tried the new Penguin? If so, comments appreciated. The Penguin thread is not yet objective, if you know what I mean.
Thanks,
Steven
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:32 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,332 Posts
Quote:
Hello Kitty would look great! LOL!
I once put a barbie doll head in the canopy of one of my planes so I could sparkle interest from my daughter. Worked for a while. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:39 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
Hi SW folks,
My SW is flying just fine but like most of us, I am always looking for something to spend my money on. Have any of you tried the new Penguin? If so, comments appreciated. The Penguin thread is not yet objective, if you know what I mean.
Thanks,
Steven
Here is my issue with that plane.
Things are inside a plastic canopy.
Has anyone ever seen good video out of a plastic canopy? Out of any canopy actually. The glare and reflection, plus distortion, is too much for me to enjoy.
I have my SW smoothed out about as much as I can, so the only thin really standing out is the 600wdr just before the wing, but even that doesn't really affect much.
I get great video from both the hero2 as well as my notebook recordings of the fpv cam vid.
Here is a picture of how I smoothed out the front using a cut up peanut butter plastic container, and some vid of work going on near the field we fly from.
Winnipeg, so load up the "flat comments".

503 meters and 3 1 km sep 28 2012 (19 min 21 sec)
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:28 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,332 Posts
Shadrack, do you even have to put your car on "park" over there ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,059 Posts
What did you do when the teacher wanted you to practice "duck and cover"? Bah, dum! I like carguy's better...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:43 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,966 Posts
Very funny.....very funny you two.
CG....no, we don't need park. We are so small we don't even need to drive to our flying site. That video is one of the guys back yards. Land is cheap here.
And for you erkq....we aren't that far from the states, so we don't need to duck and cover, we just point south, blame you guys, and then go about our daily routine.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:14 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,332 Posts
Hilarious !
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:47 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,966 Posts
We would have been the life of the party CG if you wouldn't have eaten that pizza!!
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:56 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
What did you do when the teacher wanted you to practice "duck and cover"? Bah, dum! I like carguy's better...
When he flies proximity, he flies level
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:09 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,966 Posts
Line of Sight for me is pretty much to the equator.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:13 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Problens with GPS time to find satellites SOLVED.

After fight with it for more then 12 hours I find out that if I can power only GPS, that is in my case connected to FY-21Ap it solved the problem. YES, just power the main battery with nothingelse on, not even Radio Tx, it gets satellites around 3min and no more then 5min. After that you can power FPV, GoPro2, Radio tx and anything else that you have and you still going to have your satellites fixed.
I did this test more then 5 times and worked everytime. Hope this info help others.

Mauro

P.S.: You can see that at FY21Ap because it have 2 led, one red for power and another blinking one blue for satellite, it starts to blink just one time and when find satellites it starts to blink 2 times.
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:19 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,966 Posts
So then you have noise being introduced in your system from somewhere else that is affecting your gps time, or interference around it that is causing it to have an issue?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:44 AM
I do all my own crashes
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined Jan 2011
243 Posts
I sometimes unplug my 1280MHz VTX so the I can get satellite lock quicker, it works great. Sometimes with all the trees around it can take awhile to get a lock.
Wingnut13 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut13