Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Jun 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Howdy folks,

I've been subscribed to this thread for a while. I saw a link to this plane in the RCG classifieds tonight:

http://www.rc4y.com/skywalker-1880-e...ery-p-472.html

Black EPO Skywalker for $100.

Then of course there's BEVRC's ad here: http://www.bevrc.com/skywalker-1900m...ance_p337.html

My question is, why does the first one show a wingspan of 1880mm, and BEVRC shows 1900? Are they different wings?

I figured somebody on here would know the answer. Also, any recommendations one way or the other?

Thanks,

Bob
aka
Chairwolf
Yes,Now Black EPO Skywalker for $100,end of 31,August.Only left about 15 days,
http://www.rc4y.com/skywalker-1880-e...ery-p-472.html
don't hesitate,if you want to buy.
You can see the pictures, it shows different.

RC4YFPV is offline Find More Posts by RC4YFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:39 AM
Joined Dec 2010
96 Posts
is there a difference in the foam quality between the black epo and the white (168cm) one?
i really dont like the black color ;-) and the missing flaps on that version
guy252 is offline Find More Posts by guy252
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:14 AM
Joined Dec 2010
96 Posts
so, i bought the v. 5.1 168 skywalker :-):-)
http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info.php?products_id=63
the customer support before the purchase was superb, and i got very quick email answers.
the beautiful thing is that they have a $19 flat rate shipping world wide.

im now planning the electronic setup for it and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good (inexpensive) light system.
i'm familiar with the hk system, but nos no sure they will be bright enough.

any suggestions?

Thanks
-guy
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:25 AM
Needs more cowbell...
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2011
27 Posts
The Turnigy LED light strips are really good. I use them on my Skyfun and they are verging on too bright. They leave your eyes screwed up for the next few minutes after you finish flying. Ive had people come from around 5km away trying to find out what was going on. They are pretty cheap and easy, and you dont need to much of them to be able to clearly see the plane. You can buy switches for them, but I would probably use a brushed ESC so you can set how bright you need them to be and change their brightness in flight. I just made a little adapter so I can plug them in line with everything when I need them, and I just plug the battery directly into the ESC in the daytime. The only problems are you cant use them on 4s without a regulator.

If your wanting scale navs/strobes, i think the flytron ones are good. Trying to fly with just navs might be a bit harder. Are you just doing it as a reference when doing fpv at night?
zach.h is offline Find More Posts by zach.h
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Dec 2010
96 Posts
I'm a newbie to fpv, so i don't think i will be flying at full darkness. however, since a new platform is on its way, i would like it to be night flight ready, using a solid setup that can also be seen at dusk/sunset
besides - i really like the scale look of it - its sooooo cool :-)

looking at the flytron leds im just not sure which ones to take. do i need additional hardware?

here is the nav light scheme i want to use

thanks
-guy
Last edited by guy252; Aug 14, 2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:10 AM
Needs more cowbell...
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2011
27 Posts
I think you need a spare channel if you want to toggle them, but if you don't you can steal the power from the rail on the receiver. They don't draw to much more, but you probably want to use an external BEC (First hand experience last Saturday).

If you wanting to do that, get the top ones on the page (the bigger ones) for the wingtips, they have the strobes and the navs. The other lights you probably be fine with plain old leds from jaycar or wherever you buy your electronics from.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:32 AM
Joined Dec 2010
96 Posts
thanks for your reply :-)

are you reffering to this one
http://www.flytron.com/rc-light-syst...obe-light.html
or
http://www.flytron.com/rc-light-syst...trobe-red.html?

sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, bu why do you think its better to use a BEC than plug to an extra slot in the rx?

thx,
-guy
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:39 AM
Needs more cowbell...
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2011
27 Posts
I was talking about this style:

http://www.flytron.com/rc-light-syst...trobe-red.html

sorry for not being clear. I was meaning using an external BEC into the reciver and use power from that. If you want some better advice there are some scale lighting threads in the night flying section of rc groups. Whilst your there have a look at the UFO report thread. Good fun.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:42 AM
Needs more cowbell...
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2011
27 Posts
I think it is always better to have a nice clean power supply, but it should make much of a difference with lights. I was more thinking about using one for general safety.

Any way, I will hopefully doing some proper testing of my autopilot tomorrow. I dont trust my dragonlink after the last incidence, even though it wasn't its fault.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:38 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Sep 2010
1,169 Posts
Hi all,
Well I do not post much because your guys videos put me to shame. But this last Sunday I had some positive test results with my SW, new DX18 and ET OSD. I know this video may be a bit simple and nothing exciting but for me its progress. So here is my quick update.

SUNDAY 08 12 12 (4 min 32 sec)
Vlodek9 is online now Find More Posts by Vlodek9
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:32 AM
Joined Dec 2010
96 Posts
not exiting?? wow, i wish i could do that! i had my ET on my ez star, but flew with lcd not goggles. the experience wansnt that good - not to talk about the landing....
for some reason i didnt see the airplane marker moving, to the orientation wasnt that good as well.
but now there is a brand new skywalker on its way, so i guess i will buy apir of goggles and give it another try.
btw - do you have the rth feature on, and servos connected to the ET? is it possible for you to send a scheme of how you setup the electronics?

to wrap it up - this is a great vid :-)

-guy
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:58 AM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,649 Posts
How are you guys installing the EagleTree Altimeter Microsensor in the Skywalker?

The fuselage has ram-air ventilation holes in the front with exhaust ports in back so mounting it inside without any mods would give false readings. I don't want to block the ventilation because things can get pretty hot in there. Is under the wing the best location or are there other mods/ideas?

Thanks
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Sep 2010
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy252 View Post
not exiting?? wow, i wish i could do that! i had my ET on my ez star, but flew with lcd not goggles. the experience wansnt that good - not to talk about the landing....
for some reason i didnt see the airplane marker moving, to the orientation wasnt that good as well.
but now there is a brand new skywalker on its way, so i guess i will buy apir of goggles and give it another try.
btw - do you have the rth feature on, and servos connected to the ET? is it possible for you to send a scheme of how you setup the electronics?

to wrap it up - this is a great vid :-)

-guy
Servos are connected to ET but I still need to configure my Guardian and RTH. I'll post some pics of my electronics first chance I get but it won't be till this weekend.
Vlodek9 is online now Find More Posts by Vlodek9
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:36 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
How are you guys installing the EagleTree Altimeter Microsensor in the Skywalker?

The fuselage has ram-air ventilation holes in the front with exhaust ports in back so mounting it inside without any mods would give false readings. I don't want to block the ventilation because things can get pretty hot in there. Is under the wing the best location or are there other mods/ideas?

Thanks
When I was using ET, I mounted the tube at the front, just sticking out one of the vent holes at the front, just enough to stick out about an inch so it was not in the slipstream from the nose.... I hotglued it inside the cavity, and a dab of hotglue on the outside... didn't block any airflow into the plane....
odam2k is offline Find More Posts by odam2k
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:58 PM
Shakopee, MN
Joined Aug 2004
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post

Thanks
So far this has worked for me.
I mounted the pitot tube as high as possible so it would clear the battery if it nosed in.
I use just a drop of glue to hold in place. If it noses in, it will just go backwards and not get damaged. Have already field tested

I mounted all of the sensors under the wing.
Dan777 is online now Find More Posts by Dan777