HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:21 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,075 Posts
@zach.h

Your crash was almost certainly caused by a brownout. 4xHS65 plus 2xHXT900 is going to really push that Bec in the plush esc.

Good job on getting your physics teacher to recognize it as a school project. I'm sure you could teach them a ting or two!
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:30 PM
Joined Jul 2012
413 Posts
My 1900 wing has a slight honeycomb on the top. It's not really noticeable from more than 4 feet away though. It doesn't seem to affect airflow or flying at all. Nor does it affect the structure of the wing. I've been through countless hard landings and there still isn't a dent or scratch on the wing.
snelan is offline Find More Posts by snelan
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:47 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Howdy folks,

I've been subscribed to this thread for a while. I saw a link to this plane in the RCG classifieds tonight:

http://www.rc4y.com/skywalker-1880-e...ery-p-472.html

Black EPO Skywalker for $100.

Then of course there's BEVRC's ad here: http://www.bevrc.com/skywalker-1900m...ance_p337.html

My question is, why does the first one show a wingspan of 1880mm, and BEVRC shows 1900? Are they different wings?

I figured somebody on here would know the answer. Also, any recommendations one way or the other?

Thanks,

Bob
aka
Chairwolf
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:27 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavu flyer View Post
I purchased one of the longer wingspan skywalkers from Bevrc. Both wings have honeycomb areas. Looks like they didnt completely fill the mold with foam? Its bad on the top of one wing and leading edge, and noticable on top and bottom of the other. . Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on what to fill these areas with? I have sent pictures to Bevrc and haven't received any response. Pics attached-- I hope
OMG! Quality control non-existent!! I'd be furious and be demanding a new one and keep this one as a spare and just use some PU (gorilla glue) as spak filler to fill it all in and hey presto, fixed!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:15 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Howdy folks,

I've been subscribed to this thread for a while. I saw a link to this plane in the RCG classifieds tonight
Don't do it. That site is a scam or at the very least a terrible website to buy from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
My question is, why does the first one show a wingspan of 1880mm, and BEVRC shows 1900? Are they different wings?
Yes, they are different wings. That one is relatively new. And was, as far as
I'm aware, not developed by the skywalker OEM.

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:43 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
OMG! Quality control non-existent!! I'd be furious and be demanding a new one and keep this one as a spare and just use some PU (gorilla glue) as spak filler to fill it all in and hey presto, fixed!
So your "Furious" about the lack of quality control so much that you'd demand a new one from the vendor, yet you'd happily take a few minutes to fix the damaged one and use it as a spare? I don't get it.
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy View Post
Don't do it. That site is a scam or at the very least a terrible website to buy from.

Yes, they are different wings. That one is relatively new. And was, as far as
I'm aware, not developed by the skywalker OEM.

-Blues
Ok Blues, thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:56 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavu flyer View Post
I purchased one of the longer wingspan skywalkers from Bevrc. Both wings have honeycomb areas. Looks like they didnt completely fill the mold with foam? Its bad on the top of one wing and leading edge, and noticable on top and bottom of the other. . Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on what to fill these areas with? I have sent pictures to Bevrc and haven't received any response. Pics attached-- I hope
i would not be keen in flying with those unless you decide to glass them.
If there are bubbles outside then there must be some inside and as a result it must be significantly weaker than expected.in my opinion they are not fit for purpose

if you don't get satisfaction then i would definitely glass them
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:35 AM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
if you don't get satisfaction then i would definitely glass them
I would fill in the holes with gorilla glue, sand it flush, then buy some 3mil lam and 3m77, spray the wing and lam it. If you don't get a replacement.

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:58 AM
Needs more cowbell...
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
@zach.h

Your crash was almost certainly caused by a brownout. 4xHS65 plus 2xHXT900 is going to really push that Bec in the plush esc.

Good job on getting your physics teacher to recognize it as a school project. I'm sure you could teach them a ting or two!
Cheers mate! I was hoping it was something that simple.

Yea it was pretty easy convincing my teacher. We originally tried to use one of my friends gliders (Hobbyking ASK21Mi) , but the wings nearly clapped in straight and level on its first flight with nothing on it so I fixed up the Skywalker and brought it in. We're measuring the pitch oscillation, and have gotten some really good data. I think we will do some more testing on Monday and might try to see how CG affects it.
zach.h is offline Find More Posts by zach.h
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:17 AM
Joined Dec 2010
96 Posts
Hi All

after flying the ez start as my first fpv platform, i've decided to move to the skywalker since it can handle more weight and looks much more sturdy.
the thing is, that im not sure where to buy it, is the one i see is the original or clone, which version to get etc.

i saw these two, which have a resonable shipping price
http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info.php?products_id=62
http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info.php?products_id=63

can you guys help me with figuring out if this is a good version?

thank you so much
-guy
guy252 is offline Find More Posts by guy252
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:08 AM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
So your "Furious" about the lack of quality control so much that you'd demand a new one from the vendor, yet you'd happily take a few minutes to fix the damaged one and use it as a spare? I don't get it.
I was quite horrified too to find two left wings and having to wait another 2 - 3 weeks. Having a spare is small compensation for all that wait.

Though I think the tape idea is best.
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy252 View Post
Hi All

after flying the ez start as my first fpv platform, i've decided to move to the skywalker since it can handle more weight and looks much more sturdy.
the thing is, that im not sure where to buy it, is the one i see is the original or clone, which version to get etc.

i saw these two, which have a resonable shipping price
http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info.php?products_id=62
http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info.php?products_id=63

can you guys help me with figuring out if this is a good version?

thank you so much
-guy
The free shipping on the first one is tempting. Can any one tell us noobs what the difference is between the first one in Guy's post and the one offered by BEVRC here? http://www.bevrc.com/skywalker-1900m...ance_p337.html

It looks like the wings are not the same. BEVRC says their wing is the "FX45" and FY doesn't say what theirs is. What's the difference? I'm wondering which one is better for general FPV flight. I realize that "better" can mean anything, so by "better" I mean stronger, more stable, better spar assembly, more reliable, etc.

Thanks,

Bob
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Dec 2010
96 Posts
also found this one -
http://www.fpvhobby.com/24-168-cm-wi...-airplane.html

its so confusing, i cant figure out if they are all of the same quality or not.
also - this one is v. 5.1 - is it the latest version?

-guy
guy252 is offline Find More Posts by guy252
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Okay I am pretty sure I found the right rubber bands from walmart for the SW. Can someone confirm that these would work fine?
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo