HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2010, 06:02 PM
2xSalto my kid flies too!
USA, WI, Stoughton
Joined Jun 2000
300 Posts
Discussion
Do you believe in the resurrection?

I don't hit this forum often, but I thought this project would stimulate some interesting discussion. Please take a look at my pics and if you have design ideas Id be interested in some feedback.

Pic link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rcgreave...45782411842418

Happy Easter. At first I thought my Telemaster was dead but its alive...resurrected from the dead!

Captions in the slideshow explain my stupid pilot tricks.
rcgreaves is offline Find More Posts by rcgreaves
Last edited by rcgreaves; Apr 03, 2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: wrong link- took viewer to end of Picasa album
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2010, 08:36 PM
USA, WI, Stoughton
Joined Jun 2000
300 Posts
First link was to the last image..try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgreaves View Post
I don't hit this forum often, but I thought this project would stimulate some interesting discussion. Please take a look at my pics and if you have design ideas Id be interested in some feedback.

Pic link:

Happy Easter. At first I thought my Telemaster was dead but its alive...resurrected from the dead!

Old Apr 03, 2010, 08:40 PM
USA, WI, Stoughton
Joined Jun 2000
300 Posts
H stab incidence

Quote:
It seems I found myself without a ST fuse with which to measure the H Stab incidence... hmm

http://time.fh-augsburg.de/~erd/Mode...Telemaster.pdf

fount this doc that shows a plan! 2 degrees + incidence and 4.5 for the wing. ofcourse that part of the fuse wasn't smashed...
Old Apr 03, 2010, 08:43 PM
USA, WI, Stoughton
Joined Jun 2000
300 Posts
First link was to the last image..try again.

Quote:

Pic link:

Old Apr 03, 2010, 08:46 PM
USA, WI, Stoughton
Joined Jun 2000
300 Posts
Video of crash

It sucks to have to fess up to pilot error. It sucks worse when its captured on video..We were doing air to air practice when my tx went dead so if you watch you can see me spiral in at the end of this sick and wrong video and do....The walk of shame.

http://www.skyeyeproductions.com/vid...emaster720.wmv

Credit goes to Frogman Productions for the movie. I plan to burn all copies.
Last edited by rcgreaves; Apr 04, 2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2010, 09:07 PM
Frogman
Stoughton, WI
Joined Jun 2009
1,719 Posts
Quote:
It sucks to have to fess up to pilot error. I sucks worse when its captured on video..We were doing air to air practice when my tx went dead so if you watch you can see me spiral in at the end of this sick and wrong video and do....The walk of shame.

www.skyeyeproductions.com/video/Telemaster720.wmv

Credit goes to Frogman Productions for the movie. I plan to burn all copies.

Can't burn that video....just think...the plane spiraled out of the scene at the end. If it's being resurrected we will have to do some more air to air on the maiden flight. We can then re-edit to show it rising/resurrecting with a new heavenly body....it could be a religious experience.

Better go make sure I didn't dump the original files.
frogman1206 is offline Find More Posts by frogman1206
Old Apr 04, 2010, 05:52 AM
Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
Joined Mar 2008
989 Posts
Years ago I bought a Senior Telemaster wing, tail and nose from an elderly gentleman who had wrecked the rear fuselage. I paid 10 for the lot. (About $15.) I bought four lengths of 5/16th deal from a hardware store and rebuilt the rear fuselage, covered the lot in old parchute nylon, fitted a Merco 61 in the nose and flew it. Now I import them from America!

Old Telemasters never die, they just need TLC!
Monza Red is offline Find More Posts by Monza Red
Old Apr 04, 2010, 09:19 AM
USA, WI, Stoughton
Joined Jun 2000
300 Posts
servo lead

So two of my local pals called and encouraged aft mounted servos. One fellow has even longer servo leads on a Specktrum radio and doesnt have any signal issues. So aft mounted servos it is. A central elevator servo with a v could run both elevator panels without mods..

Shrewsbury.. that rolls off the tongue so..My ancestors came from Oxford. Small world. Cheers Red Monza!