HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DustyPockets, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 03, 2010, 10:10 AM
A fool in a field.
United States, IL, Mahomet
Joined Dec 2006
286 Posts
Discussion
Early spring trout fishing trip.

My brother and I took a long weekend for a little trout fishing in the Missouri Ozarks. We have been going there for years, usually Bennett Spring for the early trip and sometimes the Current river for a week in the summer. He flew in from San Diego and I picked him up in St Louis for the 2 hour drive down interstate 44.

The water was high as it will be this time of year, running fast and a little green. Fishing was fair but not great, ended up spending most of our time with the spinning rod and a jig. During the summer when the water is lower and gin clear I usually fish a dry fly with my 3wt Echo. Rainbows are usually caught but once in a while we land a brown trout.

Years ago we bought 7 acres near there, I am not sure why but I think beer may have been involved in our decision making. We call it the chigger ranch, why?, well one year we decided to look for the lot corner markers and neglected to use insect repellant..........I scratched for days after that, chiggers are nasty little buggers.
DustyPockets is offline Find More Posts by DustyPockets
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2010, 12:07 PM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,261 Posts
Nice looking rainbow
Hey,what did u catch the steaks on ? LOL...RTR
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon