HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:50 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2005
190 Posts
Storage for 1S

Thanks,

If I make an adaptor lead to connect the single cell battery to the main charger terminals and the balancer at the same time will this then work ?
jrandle is offline Find More Posts by jrandle
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
While we may not ever allow STORE for 2S+ packs without balancer, we are looking at a FW mod to allow it for 1S packs.

Even with FW as it is now, all you have to do is connect a "balancer" to your 1S pack. That allows the charger to use the 12-bit resolution on the balancer circuit, and STORE MODE will work normally then.

See pic for a quick mockup I just did for balancer connection. For NET 7S chargers, use HP-EOSLBA-MC-P7L, for 6S DUO or 0606i chargers use HP-EOSLBA-MC-P6L. Remove unneeded wires.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandle View Post
Hi, I am trying to store some small (100 - 160mah) 1S batteries, from E-Flite type models, without success. If they are charged the charger will not automatically discharge them. If they are flat it will not automatically charge them. The only option is too set TCS to 60% and Action to Stop. This is painful to change each time.

I am sure we would all be grateful if we could correctly Store these batteries.

Thanks
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
I guess we are cross posting! See message above...

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandle View Post
Thanks, If I make an adaptor lead to connect the single cell battery to the main charger terminals and the balancer at the same time will this then work ?

PS: We will produce these adapters (pic attached) to work together with the LGUMADAP6 multiadapter. The big end will fit either 6S or 7S Hyperion EOS chargers (two types will be offered), and the small end will plug into any open port on the 6-pack UM charge adapter. Then you'll have access to the high-res balance circuit for better charging, and also enable STORE MODE.

They should be at or under $1.95, I think, and should be on dealer shelves within a month or so.
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Last edited by NipponDave; Apr 23, 2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:13 PM
Joined Apr 2010
4 Posts
bugs

I'm seeing instabilities (hard crash) on two separate winXP systems when my 615 duo 3 and 720 net 3 are connected via USB hubs (both on latest fw). No doubt it is a silabs bug (much like their USB debuggers). The computer reboots without warning, not necessarily with the software running, doesn't seem to have a timescale, happens with a really cheap USB hub and an expensive 7-port D-Link one.

Seems you can set a 20A discharge on the 720 in the software and push the settings back to the charger without anything prompting about the error, didn't try to discharge at 20A, didn't seem worth risking breaking a brand new charger.

Might be related to the reported bug in LiFe charging, but My 615 seems to refuse to start unbalanced charging on port 1 if a charge is running on port 2. Both packs are un-balanced LiFe at 15A. If i start in the other order they work fine, don't know if it affects other chemistries as i only use LiFe.
duncHD is offline Find More Posts by duncHD
Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:19 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
I'm seeing instabilities (hard crash) on two separate winXP systems when my 615 duo 3 and 720 net 3 are connected via USB hubs (both on latest fw). No doubt it is a silabs bug (much like their USB debuggers). The computer reboots without warning, not necessarily with the software running, doesn't seem to have a timescale, happens with a really cheap USB hub and an expensive 7-port D-Link one.
I heard one other report of this too, question, do you turn off your chargers (power) or are they always on?

Quote:
Seems you can set a 20A discharge on the 720 in the software and push the settings back to the charger without anything prompting about the error, didn't try to discharge at 20A, didn't seem worth risking breaking a brand new charger.
Will fix that, however, the wattage rating will always override.

Quote:
Might be related to the reported bug in LiFe charging, but My 615 seems to refuse to start unbalanced charging on port 1 if a charge is running on port 2. Both packs are un-balanced LiFe at 15A. If i start in the other order they work fine, don't know if it affects other chemistries as i only use LiFe.
Will test this myself here.
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Old Apr 23, 2010, 02:50 AM
Joined Apr 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
I heard one other report of this too, question, do you turn off your chargers (power) or are they always on?
They have always been on when my system has crashed, I'll leave one plugged in but turned off and see what happens.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 03:39 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
What Windows XP service pack level do you run?
There is alot of "hotfixes" for the USB core on XP & Vista, so it's quite common apparently.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
I have a Duo II: can someone explain in simple terms what this software will do for me? Thanks
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
I have a Duo II: can someone explain in simple terms what this software will do for me? Thanks
With the Duo-II first of all you need the HP-TI-PRGUSB adapter, with it you get full functionality

- Logging/Tagging/Statistics
- Editing memories
- Controlling the charger
- Usersetup

(i.e. all functions described in the doc here http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-man/)
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
I have the cable thingy from prior firmware updates: thanks.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:32 PM
Joined Apr 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
What Windows XP service pack level do you run?
There is alot of "hotfixes" for the USB core on XP & Vista, so it's quite common apparently.
According to windows update there are no outstanding patches on my system.

I left a charger connected to a USB hub, but not powered, so the USB device was enumerated and I experienced no crashes (on for about 6 hours).
Old Apr 23, 2010, 02:10 PM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
According to windows update there are no outstanding patches on my system.
The hotfixes are actually not distributed via the windows update and are only for those has issues, Did you see the BSOD error message by any chance (upper left corner), if you know it let me know, other then that, I would need a minidump from the computer to tell more.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 06:11 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
I've sent up a new version, quite a lot of changes in this version, please read through the release notes.

-- 2010-04-23 RCG-BETA
* Fixed bug that alarm variable reported the wrong channel data
* Fixed so cycle packs reset the charge cycle inbetween (graph get updated, you get a alarm etc)
* Fixed so charge direction is showing in the statistics module by - infront of mAh and also separate column saying Charging/Discharging.
* Amp vs Time in the statistics module now show hh:mm:ss format on Time axis.
* Re-wrote the Gap alarm so it wont trigger over and over again if the voltage bounce between too much and too little.
* Added Copy and Paste to the Listbox of memories in the memory editor, which will allow you to Copy and Paste memory slots.
- Dont forget to Write changes after pasting.

* Added checksum in the EOS files to prevent corrupt files,
NOTE: I've added a temporary "conversion" tool under the Tools menu which allows you to select and re-save a .EOS file to the new format.

This also affect cached file for Controlling chargers, please remove and re-create cache for each charger/channel.
* I've added a temporary "conversion" tool under the Tools menu which allows you to select and re-save a .EOS file to the new format.

* Memory editor no longer allows 305 as Timeout, only 300 which is the correct max.
* Added graphical interface for the "DelayOffset" tweak, it allows you to add time to each command, needed for slow computers.
(if you have trouble getting memory editor completing, try +40 or +80ms)
* Fixed a bug that didnt allow you to clear out memory name (a single space was ok).
* Added registry key for skip update check.
* Messages about cache need to be updated has moved so you dont get an annoying messagebox.
* It's now possible again to cycle LiFe/LiIon packs.
* Added an "Memory overview" window, so you can see the memories in a gridlike window.
- It's known about formatting (charge rate etc is * 1000 ) in the grid and might be looked at, in a later stage.

Quote:
This is now a confirmed issue, thanks for finding it (FW issue)
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:04 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,826 Posts
Thanks for the udpates, MrMel, I just downloaded and installed the latest version (2010-04-23 RCG-BETA). I'll keep you posted if I find anything.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:27 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,359 Posts
Is RS232 and LBA10 supported (for logging)?

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen