Norway
Joined Sep 2008
235 Posts

At Last. Looking great MEL, Keep it up.
Have not testet all features yet, but I can report what I find:

Vers. 2010-04-03, 615i Duo3 Fw 4.1

Some Bugs:

Mem Editor
1) Memory window choose, does not bring the settings (current, temp cut off etc.) for the mem location (pack). It holds on to the first view. Using the up/down arrows changes all settings as it should. Using up arrow works better then down, it then shows memory name.

2) NIMh battery chosen. Safety timer: 305 min show in software, Off in Charger. Look like max is 300 min.

Is it possible to prolong this? Rather 8 hour charge, than safety timer completely off. For in eks. delicate 3000mAh Graupner transmitter packs on low current charge (0,4 A for best result).

3) Can not set Pre Peak Delay through software. What is normal here?
Should be a "Default" button to set standards for the battery if you dont know what to set.I.eks. Pre Peak Delay, Safetytimer , Tricle Current and Peak sens.

4) There is something fishi about the storing of Memory Name. You Write changes with new settings wich should not match any orther, and yet power down and bring it up, there is the same as another memory name, with settings changed. Have to get more experience here.

5) Safetytimer seems like it is set to 300 min despite the charge setting. Dangerus. That may have come from software before I disconected it from PC. In that case all safety timers from the installation software should be set correctly in the first place.

6) Temp sensor showing 282 (over 200 anyway) deg. C. in current temp and peak tempwith sensor in place, but no pack.

Too late, have to sleep.. I'll come back later.

Best Regards
JE
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24
Last edited by Doffen24; Apr 06, 2010 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Clearifying, attashment
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:17 PM
United States, PA, Sarver
Joined Aug 2006
205 Posts
mr mel, can't get my eos0615 duo3 to show up in the software. i'm running on a xp machine, i loaded the usb driver software and ran the "automatic" program and the charger won't show up. i followed the sequence, connect power cords, then usb, then apply power but no go. charger works fine by itself. any ideas?
mmc205 is offline Find More Posts by mmc205
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:21 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc205 View Post
mr mel, can't get my eos0615 duo3 to show up in the software. i'm running on a xp machine, i loaded the usb driver software and ran the "automatic" program and the charger won't show up. i followed the sequence, connect power cords, then usb, then apply power but no go. charger works fine by itself. any ideas?
Did you update the firmware to version 4.1?
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:37 PM
Joined Aug 2006
205 Posts
no, i didn't think you had to, do you?
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:38 PM
Joined Aug 2006
205 Posts
if so, i'm sure thats the problem, someone please confirm though. i'm a little timid to upgrade it unless i need to because of all the warnings
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:46 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
if so, i'm sure thats the problem, someone please confirm though. i'm a little timid to upgrade it unless i need to because of all the warnings
Firmware 4.1 is required, see http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...reyoustart.htm
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Apr 06, 2010, 01:05 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
firmware update is required, it is much safer now-a-days though since the update program can re-write the bootloader code.

I have made probably closer to 70-80 firmware upgrades/downgrades during my development process, not a single has failed.
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Old Apr 06, 2010, 01:06 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Mem Editor
Memory window choose, does not bring the settings for the mem location (pack). It holds on to the first view. Using the up/down arrows changes all settings as it should. Using up arrow works better then down, it then shows memory name.

NIMh battery chosen. Safety timer: 305 min show in software, Off in Charger. Look like max is 300 min.
Is it possible to prolong this? Rather 8 hour charge, than safety timer completely off. For in eks. delicate 3000mAh Graupner transmitter packs on low current charge.
Can not set Pre Peak Delay through software. What is normal here? Should be a "Default" button to set standards for the battery if you dont know what to set.I.eks. Pre Peak Delay, Safetytimer , Tricle Current and Peak sens.

There is something fishi about the storing of Memory Name. You Write changes with new settings wich should not match any orther, and yet power down and bring it up, there is the same as another memory name, with settings changed. Have to get more experience here.

Safetytimer seems like it is set to 300 min despite the charge setting. Dangerus. That may have come from software before I disconected it from PC. In that case all safety timers from the installation software should be set correctly in the first place.

Temp sensor showing 282 (over 200 anyway) deg. C. in current temp and peak tempwith sensor in place, but no pack.
Can you clarify a bit, I have a hard time following you on these.
(write down step by step)
Old Apr 06, 2010, 01:17 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
My Duo2 is virtually the only thing ive ever updated the firmware on that I havent bricked Safe as handguns!

Thanks for your help Mr.Mel, the suite is getting better and better.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:24 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
Can you clarify a bit, I have a hard time following you on these.
(write down step by step)
I have done that and attashed a pdf file. See my original post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=31

Maybe you have corrected some of the bugs in the latest SW.
Best regards
JE

Alias Doffen24
Last edited by Doffen24; Apr 06, 2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:53 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Thanks, that clears things up and I will look into it.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 03:47 AM
myk
Lake Sawyer, Washington
Joined Jul 2003
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
It should work (Logging only) on 610iNET, someone has to confirm it though as I don't have one to test.
Did a quick test on the original 610iNET w/v2.3 firmware and yes it does appear to work, I need to spend some more time with the manual and software to explore its capabilities but I was able to connect to the charger. I started a charge and was able to see the amps/volts and individual cell voltages, didn't figure out how to see a graph yet. A few quirks that probably need to be fixed:

1) It incorrectly detects the charger as an EOS610i DUO1 on com4
2) It displays two channels which this charger doesn't have, the active channel was #2 obviously tied to the issue above.
3) The input voltage was always displayed as zero

FYI - This was on win7 home premium

All in all seemed succesful, will play with it more later. Thanks
myk is offline Find More Posts by myk
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:58 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
235 Posts
vers 2010-04-05
Duo3

The new version fixed some of the bugs.

New Bugs:

Temp probe is way off. Tried both channels. Seems to be a calibration issue with software. C and F.

When tapping Mem editor (dobbelclick). it starts loading mem set, but gets stuck (bars frozen) after the first name shows up in mem bank, and the page is grayed out. Have to tap someting else, then try again (several times). Suddenly it starts loading properly. Same in both channels.

Configure Alarms
(Hal?) Reports vocaly channel 2 on channel 1, and channel 3 on channel 2.
Using the [channel] option.

Sync mode -Storage
Reports the first channel pack vocaly : "Beginning charge on channel 2" (Remember it is one channel off) , then continious with reporting the wrong pack (previous pack) attached to channel 2 (testet some time ago before I set it up for Sync mode).

Best regards
JE
Last edited by Doffen24; Apr 06, 2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 06:04 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Temp probe is way off. Tried both channels. Seems to be a calibration issue with software. C and F.
Will look into that.

Quote:
When tapping Mem editor (dobbelclick). it starts loading mem set, but gets stuck (bars frozen) after the first name shows up in mem bank, and the page is grayed out. Have to tap someting else, then try again (several times). Suddenly it starts loading properly. Same in both channels.
Restart the chargers and the USB connector see if that helps. (quite common)

Quote:
Configure Alarms
(Hal?) Reports vokaly channel 2 on channel 1, and channel 3 on channel 2.
Using the [channel] option.
Will look into that.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 06:32 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
235 Posts
In Controll Function
Seems like i now have 38 mem locations. Will try to restart everything.

JE