Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 20, 2010, 09:14 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
I think that is correct. Before you Display the Date/Time on the screen you must convert it to the local time zone. Or, maybe there is any settings in SQLLite?
I will add a conversion to localtime in the next version, I'm used to MS SQL which does this automatically, thanks for bringing this up.
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2010, 09:38 AM
Joined May 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
I will add a conversion to localtime in the next version, I'm used to MS SQL which does this automatically, thanks for bringing this up.
MS SQL? Great! I also using MS SQL Server, who can I connect to an SQL Server (local SQL Express or an real dedicated SQL Server).
satmax is offline Find More Posts by satmax
Old May 20, 2010, 01:32 PM
Joined May 2010
8 Posts
Feature request: please make a "default" Button in the memory editor. After pressing this Button, set all importend values to default:

use 1C for charge and discharge
correct V for discharge Volt
PeakSens 0
CutOff Temp 50

My Problem: I'm don't know the exact volt value for each akku type. Alternativ you can wrote the correct volt after the Battery Type drop down box.

thx
Markus
satmax is offline Find More Posts by satmax
Old May 20, 2010, 02:40 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Gentlemen,

I have a customer that is trying to use the software but he can't get past the Silicon Labs driver install. He get's the following error:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

He's running Vista 32 Bit and has tried several clean downloads of the drivers. He is running the latest .net service pack one as well.

I tired to find info on the error at Silicon's website but nothing has shown. Has anyone seen this error or know of a fix for it??

Jason
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Old May 20, 2010, 02:51 PM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Gentlemen,

I have a customer that is trying to use the software but he can't get past the Silicon Labs driver install. He get's the following error:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

He's running Vista 32 Bit and has tried several clean downloads of the drivers. He is running the latest .net service pack one as well.

I tired to find info on the error at Silicon's website but nothing has shown. Has anyone seen this error or know of a fix for it??

Jason
Given he has the latest driver installed, in the Device manager, find the Charger (named SiLabs USB to UART bridge ,unsure of exact naming, cant check it right now) and choose properties, then under Driver choose Update driver, browse to the directory for the driver, I think its like C:\SiLabs\MCU\...something.

That's at least the official way of getting around error 31.
Old May 20, 2010, 03:27 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Ok walked him through that as well and he's getting the same error and it says the latest and best is being used. The error still pops up that the driver has been installed but cannot be loaded.

Jason
Old May 20, 2010, 03:33 PM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Only guess I can come up with is that he has older version of SILabs drivers installed (non-correct) and windows choosing those instead of the one he points to (which happens in windows sometimes)

Check under Uninstall program if he has more then one SiLabs driver package installed.
If so uninstall the older versions.
Old May 20, 2010, 03:35 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Yeah we already did a complete uninstall on anything that was from Silabs then did a fresh install of the latest as well. I have signed up at SiLabs site and I guess we'll see what I can get from them.

Thanks for the help.

Jason
Old May 21, 2010, 04:20 AM
Iver Heath, UK
Joined Mar 2005
280 Posts
MrMel,

Have found the following issues:

1. On entering more than one number in succession in the tag input field of the Control Function Menu I'm finding the software jumps focus to the memory bank list - a hot key type behavior.

2. In charge statics when I select 'user defined graph' and select the 'change graph settings' I'm getting an 'unhandled exception error' (see my first attachment. I can PM you the error details if that would be of any help.

3. Can the tag window be expanded in the log screen (see my second attachment).

On a general note I'm finding the storage mode facility of the charger has about .1V tolerance. Think this is a result of the pack capacity estimate. If I run store mode on a depleted pack (resting at just under 3.8V/cell) the cells are charged to approx 3.96V/cell. If I run store mode on a fully charged pack (4.2V/cell) the cells are discharged to approx 3.86V/cell.

Have posted this issue in the main EOS thread - no response so I'd be interested to know other peoples thoughts here if this tolerance is ok?

Also I was wondering what the need is for the Data viewer screen - why not simply have the log viewer and show additional parameters like pack temp here?

Otherwise great job. Really enjoying using this software.

Russ
russ skinner is offline Find More Posts by russ skinner
Last edited by russ skinner; May 21, 2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:31 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Russ,

1) Known issue, fixed in the next version
2) same as above.
3) Tagging is really meant to be ONLY a short word as you already have the pack name in the database via the memory, so no need to store "Hyperion 6s etc etc", only "Pack 01" or even "01", at least that's the plan/idea.

Storage: Dave has to answer this better (it has been answered before in the EOS thread somewhere, buried deep), yes, it's OK, and within spec, it don't need to be exact.

Last, DataView: it actually have more information on the charger which due to a FW issue I cannot present at the moment (past cycle information) so there will be more in that screen (a treeview with data from the last 10 cycles)

>>Otherwise great job. Really enjoying using this software.

Thank you!
Old May 21, 2010, 03:40 PM
Iver Heath, UK
Joined Mar 2005
280 Posts
Many thanks for the feedback. Looks like everything is covered and take your point about tagging.
russ skinner is offline Find More Posts by russ skinner
Old May 25, 2010, 04:20 PM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
I've uploaded a new Installer_Beta.zip found here;

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...aller_beta.zip

It has the following changes;

-- 2010-05-25 (third beta)
* Added small lightgray grid-lines to the graph (major-grid-scale)
* Internal: Added some additional debugging output for DetectChargers(), OpenCharger(), ScanPair(), PairChargers() and AddChargerToTree()
* Pressing shortcut while writing tag no longer changes the memory number.
* for NiMh/NiCd packs it now defaults to Normal instead of Automatic when starting a charge.
* Fixed a bug in the new Settings for the Graph.
* Fixed the incorrect voltage label in the Memory editor.
* Changed so reading dates from the DB converts to LocalTime (all times was stored in a generic timezone)

If nothing arises I plan on making this public later this week.
Old May 25, 2010, 04:36 PM
Joined May 2010
263 Posts
Will that include the 4.4 firmware I use now?

Because from memory there are lots of improvements in the Pb charging and some other stuff.

Actually working pretty well now!
JohnWilliamson is offline Find More Posts by JohnWilliamson
Old May 25, 2010, 04:40 PM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Will that include the 4.4 firmware I use now?

Because from memory there are lots of improvements in the Pb charging and some other stuff.

Actually working pretty well now!
Control Suite will always allow newer FW than public versions, however, I just got a mail saying there is issues with 4.4 (beta) so there will be other releases, when they go public or not is not my call.
Current offical version is still 4.3
Old May 26, 2010, 12:02 AM
Joined May 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
I've uploaded a new Installer_Beta.zip found here;

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...aller_beta.zip
Hi MrMel,

works fine for me.

Is there any way to use MS SQL?