HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2010, 06:20 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Discussion
Hyperion EOS Control & Data Suite - Public Release.

Hyperion Control & Data suite program for the EOS line of chargers.

First of all, the manual can be found here;
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-man

It's recommended that you read the "Before you start part";

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...reyoustart.htm

This program require Firmware version 5.0 (or later)
Visit the EOS CHARGER Firmware Update site for the newest version:
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/eosfw.htm

Finally, the Control & Data Suite program can be found here;
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-man/Installer.zip

Current version is: 2011-05-25

This program has a requirement of .NET Framework 3.5
If your computer is not updated this component need to be updated from Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

For any of you running more then one charger connected to the same computer, READ THIS BEFORE YOU START!
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...rechargers.htm

Note: If you have trouble with SiLabs driver for the chargers, the latest version can be found here;
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/p...cpdrivers.aspx

The program will automatically check both Firmware and Software version at startup, if there is a new version you are prompted to do a re-install/update.

/Fredrik

** Known issues
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Last edited by MrMel; May 25, 2011 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Change of version number & update of links.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2010, 06:28 AM
Adelaide , South Australia
Joined May 2005
62 Posts
Thank you VERY much , i've been waiting for this. Happy Easter to all at Hyperion!
Tyro is offline Find More Posts by Tyro
Old Apr 02, 2010, 10:56 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Great news. I have a question about the new software, do we still need to install a USB driver?
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Apr 02, 2010, 10:58 AM
French
Joined Apr 2004
16 Posts
It's good for me,
my Hyperion 720iNET and Hyperion Duo 610i II passed in firmware v4.1.

Good job to Hyperion,

Pascal.
proublot is offline Find More Posts by proublot
Old Apr 02, 2010, 10:59 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Great news. I have a question about the new software, do we still need to install a USB driver?
Yes, you need to have SiLabs USB driver installed for it to be able to communicate with the charger, the latest version can be found here;
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/p...cpdrivers.aspx
Old Apr 02, 2010, 11:08 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
I have added a "known issue" list to the first post, so you don't have to report any of those issues there.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 02:24 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Sep 2008
293 Posts
So far so good. Hooked up my brand new DuoIII and watching a 4s 4000 pack do a storage charge now. No problems on my end. I like that you can label each battery memory spot and set the parameters.
prozac is offline Find More Posts by prozac
Old Apr 02, 2010, 02:25 PM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
a tip is to name your packs in the beginning, and stick to that naming, that way you can get a full history for just that pack after the season or whenever you want.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 02:53 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Sep 2008
293 Posts
Now I'm pissed. Second pack ever to be run through this charger and the charger starts blowing smoke out of the back of the unit. It is a damn good thing I was sitting here watching it. W T F !!!!!!!
prozac is offline Find More Posts by prozac
Old Apr 02, 2010, 02:55 PM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Now I'm pissed. Second pack ever to be run through this charger and the charger starts blowing smoke out of the back of the unit. It is a damn good thing I was sitting here watching it. W T F !!!!!!!
Ugha, sorry to hear that must have been something faulty in that unit, post over in the EOS thread and Dave will take care of you ASAP.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 05:16 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,291 Posts
Very cool, the memory editor seems to have a few a bugs though, it would not update the charger to a 2S Life pack in position 2, no matter how many times I tried, it stuck at Life 13.2V 2300. Ende up doing it manually in the charger and it seems to have stuck.

Somehow I also managed to get the first 12 batteries names to be randomly attached to all the memory postions, but the battery data remaind the same, So I had Nimh packs being called lipos. Kinda dangerous
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Apr 02, 2010, 05:58 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
822 Posts
anyone running this software with the original DUO
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Apr 02, 2010, 06:19 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 2006
1,168 Posts
Anything similar for the 0610iNet chargers?
Duster_360 is offline Find More Posts by Duster_360
Old Apr 02, 2010, 09:22 PM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Very cool, the memory editor seems to have a few a bugs though, it would not update the charger to a 2S Life pack in position 2, no matter how many times I tried, it stuck at Life 13.2V 2300. Ende up doing it manually in the charger and it seems to have stuck.
Any chance that you have set the charger to temperature F?

Quote:
Somehow I also managed to get the first 12 batteries names to be randomly attached to all the memory postions, but the battery data remaind the same, So I had Nimh packs being called lipos. Kinda dangerous
Memory name is not stored per memory number but by a Key of Type, cells, size, chargerate together, I suspect in your tries to get the 2s to stick, that got updated.

If you did not run Fahrenheit, please PM me with more details.

Quote:
anyone running this software with the original DUO
I have a original Duo which I have tested it with, you get Logging part (not bi-directional functions) only, but logging with tagging and alarms.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 09:39 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,291 Posts
Mr. Mel , nope didnt change it from celsius, It didnt seem to screw up the memory data until I went to the control function section. But #2 slot position wouldnt save to the charger from the first time I started the program, and the memory editor was the first thing I did with the program.

Is there anyway of simplifying the alarms? Ie instead of reading the whole "COM5/Hyperion 610i DUO2 on channel 0" Which turns into a garbled mess in text to speech, where as something like "Duo 2 channel 0" would be much simpler.

Some good qoutes to replace the warnings, My Duo2 is now a HAL9000

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do. "

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye. "

"I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen. "

"I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you."

Im a geek!
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Last edited by jackosmeister; Apr 02, 2010 at 09:47 PM.