SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:29 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
I dont want them to make the mig the exact same size as the sabre. I want the mig's intake to be a scale 68-70fsa just like the sabre, but keeping the airframe scale for its size. Meaning making it fatter and such. It has to have the scale anhedral too. No cheating like almost everyone else's, except for BVM,Comp-Arf and maybe CJM.
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:33 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,937 Posts
If they make the mig the same scale as the saber it might be too small for the power system...the mig side by side with the saber shows that it's smaller. Most wouldn't know the difference though. The same general size so as to keep around the same wingloading would probably be a good idea.
Ed Waldrep is online now Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old May 13, 2010, 10:58 AM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined May 2004
5,194 Posts
Just received our shipment in on Tuesday, I will be watching this thread to check out your mods.

Brent,
I was talking to Vic about wing tanks with wheels just like you did on your smaller bird, then I read here that you were already all over that.
I only have one question,.... Are you done yet?
TBolt is offline Find More Posts by TBolt
Old May 13, 2010, 11:57 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,852 Posts
i havnt been able to get one yet, i will say that sapac gear will fit though, tailslide5.0 is already doing it. check out that thread. wen i get one ill be doing alfa style wheel tanks
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old May 16, 2010, 04:09 PM
Lake Havasu Az.
Joined May 2008
65 Posts
F-86 by e-flite

Well I maiden mine Sat.with the recommended CG and almost lost this bird,readjusted CG forward almost an inch, with a 4s 4000 for weight moved as far forward as possible and cutting out some of the canapy brace to make it fit.Flew awesome, got 96 mph out of it until I smoked the speed controllerstill had enough speed to land.Had a 60amp in it but made the mistake of not ampping it out first. The jet looked cool with smoke though.
Thad Eckland is offline Find More Posts by Thad Eckland
Old May 16, 2010, 06:31 PM
Lake Havasu Az.
Joined May 2008
65 Posts
e-flite F-86

After putting this plane in the air, is love of fliing, it is fast and stable and looooooks so good. After the other blogs, all of you will LOVE this Plane.The only thing you will find with this bird is that if you let it get out there it is hard to see.:
Old May 16, 2010, 10:53 PM
Livonia, Mi
Joined May 2010
63 Posts
I flew mine today with the eflite / cc100/ 30C 3700mah combo. Although I wanted to install my sapac gear, I chose to fly it with he fixed gear fist and then modify. This bird is very fast and easy to fly / land, I would not hesitate to add some weight with the retracts.
Many at my field now want one....
Gibb is offline Find More Posts by Gibb
Old May 17, 2010, 10:37 AM
Getting there.....slowly
A small english principallity on the Cheshire plains of Gt.Britain
Joined Nov 2009
4 Posts
Just a thought

Hello men,
Im soon to be a birthday boy and not having tried ducted fan before, I sorted through available kits and settled on the Eflite F 86 (though Im having to wait for it to arrive over here in Blighty......you boys get all the good stuff first. Thing is, the Lander 68mm (4s) ducted fan looks to be a thing of beauty and while I understand the Eflite unit is exellent ,the all alloy construction of the Lander edf has its appeal, the price to pay is about 10 gram weight penalty. Having had the similar thoughts of installing Eflite retracts as well am I likely to end up with a landing speed 2mph less than the flying speed. Let me know what you think.
ponderouspilot is offline Find More Posts by ponderouspilot
Old May 17, 2010, 12:19 PM
Joined Jul 2006
70 Posts

All ready to go. I am using the MB1 SAPAC motor and ICE100 ESC on 5 cells. cant wait......
Lear31A is offline Find More Posts by Lear31A
Old May 17, 2010, 01:27 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponderouspilot View Post
Hello men,
Im soon to be a birthday boy and not having tried ducted fan before, I sorted through available kits and settled on the Eflite F 86 (though Im having to wait for it to arrive over here in Blighty......you boys get all the good stuff first. Thing is, the Lander 68mm (4s) ducted fan looks to be a thing of beauty and while I understand the Eflite unit is exellent ,the all alloy construction of the Lander edf has its appeal, the price to pay is about 10 gram weight penalty. Having had the similar thoughts of installing Eflite retracts as well am I likely to end up with a landing speed 2mph less than the flying speed. Let me know what you think.

The current EFlite retracts WILL NOT fit in the wings. Check out the longer thread on this plane and I posted the inside of the wing with a ruler to give people an idea of what the space was. (I crashed my first one when I hit a rock on ROG and she spun 90* at 50mph).

As for the fan... the EFLite fan in this plane sounds AWESOME... please check out the videos I posted and the build/review. This plane with the EFlite fan and motor simply sounds the best of any EDF I have owned.

http://www.horizonrcflyers.com/forum...ead.php?t=1475
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old May 17, 2010, 04:48 PM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,678 Posts
Hi,

Any chance you have experience with the E-Flight Hawk and can compare the two? Specifically, how do they compare when it comes to getting back down on the ground?

I never dumped my Hawk, but moved on because it was too heavy for me to enjoy (with 4S 2600 20C pack.)

Thanks! Mickydee
mickydee is online now Find More Posts by mickydee
Old May 17, 2010, 04:50 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,852 Posts
mickee....that hawk is a good trainer for larger jets....teaches ya how to land them hot!

my guess would be that the sabre's bite is alot softer than the hawks.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old May 17, 2010, 04:55 PM
Lake Havasu Az.
Joined May 2008
65 Posts
Lear31A where did you find the gear?
Old May 17, 2010, 05:33 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,281 Posts
lears gear you can get from Effulx RC they are sapac units.
the F-86 has 50 mre Sq. in. of wing area so that should help .....untill guys put big batts .retracts and flaps
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old May 17, 2010, 07:11 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
the F-86 has 50 mre Sq. in. of wing area so that should help .....untill guys put big batts .retracts and flaps
So Nut's will fly like the hawk?
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale